Geopolitics and the Consequences

Agree with that production.

Felt she left a lot of politics out though. ie West bombing the sheds in poor little countries in pursuit of cheap resources and minerals. Same ol sh!t. Interfering in other countries and picking puppet regimes.

I don't remember so many refugees running around when the first Iranian / Iraq war started?

Sort of a post millennium event.

So on one side you have US, UK and France playing their sell weapons game and then on the other a very successful Europe with rising living standards and open borders with free people.

The two events being in close proximity I guess has naturally led to this so called migrant crises.

I fear we are looking at symptoms without addressing root cause and not likely to get anywhere. Put a lid on a pressure cooker and sooner or later something will need to give.

(y)

The US is wanting an excuse to bomb the Iranian nuclear sites and factories.
If this is not forthcoming they may resort to manufacturing some excuse.
The damaging of 2 oil tankers isn't probably enough.

Received this from a friend.

It is sooo spot on.

Hahaha . . . whoever thought this up👌👌😀😊
it’s a changed world...
Indians are MODIfied
Brits are disMAYed
Americans are TRUMPed
The French are Macarooned
and Canadian are Justified
While Russians just stay Put in..!!
😊

China doesn't interfere in politics of a country.

So China's not a risk? OK then, no problem, carry on.

They are only after trade deals and agreements.

Who isn't?

Look at Africa? Where have they installed puppet regimes or overthrown governments?

Who's talking puppet regimes or overthrown governments? I'm pretty sure China is a little more subtle than that! I do hope you realise you are talking about the continent that holds the most corrupt regimes on earth, comparing Western 'democracies' with African corruption goes beyond comparing apples and oranges I'm afraid.

China doesn't interfere in politics of a country.

They are only after trade deals and agreements.

Look at Africa? Where have they installed puppet regimes or overthrown governments?

Oops. Actually they've got form for just that and especially so in Africa.

The usual route is to offer the ruling clique riches beyond their dreams in return for mining concessions etc sweetened with infrastructure projects executed by, of course, Chinese companies and funded with soft Chinese loans. Being old hands at the long game, they know full well that it takes several years for the scam scheme to come to fruition by which time the Prez and his cronies have got their snouts too deep in the trough to even think of pulling out and the national finances are basically under the control of Chinese proxies. The very last thing they would ever think of doing is that crassest of all moves the old "Régime change" switcheroo - they really don't want nasty,dangerous, new and incorruptible leaders in place when the old guard start salivating just at the thought of some Oriental largesse.

Take a close look at Zambia, which is more or less the blueprint for the rest of their completely apolitical colonisation of mama Africa. They don't need to install a puppet government when their model is to just buy one.

They even tried it on in Poland at one point but found themselves up against canny folk that ended up getting more than the Chinese planned. The project that springs to mind is the Łódź - Warsaw motorway where the Poles basically wouldn't roll over and held the contractor to spec despite their best efforts to bribe their way out. I think they got the boot in the end.

Oops. Actually they've got form for just that and especially so in Africa.

The usual route is to offer the ruling clique riches beyond their dreams in return for mining concessions etc sweetened with infrastructure projects executed by, of course, Chinese companies and funded with soft Chinese loans. Being old hands at the long game, they know full well that it takes several years for the scam scheme to come to fruition by which time the Prez and his cronies have got their snouts too deep in the trough to even think of pulling out and the national finances are basically under the control of Chinese proxies. The very last thing they would ever think of doing is that crassest of all moves the old "Régime change" switcheroo - they really don't want nasty,dangerous, new and incorruptible leaders in place when the old guard start salivating just at the thought of some Oriental largesse.

Take a close look at Zambia, which is more or less the blueprint for the rest of their completely apolitical colonisation of mama Africa. They don't need to install a puppet government when their model is to just buy one.

They even tried it on in Poland at one point but found themselves up against canny folk that ended up getting more than the Chinese planned. The project that springs to mind is the Łódź - Warsaw motorway where the Poles basically wouldn't roll over and held the contractor to spec despite their best efforts to bribe their way out. I think they got the boot in the end.

Learned from the Yanks with their exploits over Latin America. Give loans to corrupt fascist juntas and enslave the people for years. Meddle in any democratic uprising eliminating, torturing and executing rivals.

Still not half as bad as the yanks imo.

Go compare Latin America with Africa and tell me what you see?

Learned from the Yanks with their exploits over Latin America. Give loans to corrupt fascist juntas and enslave the people for years. Meddle in any democratic uprising eliminating, torturing and executing rivals.

Still not half as bad as the yanks imo.

Go compare Latin America with Africa and tell me what you see?

I see ham-fisted reductive US intervention slightly improved through lessons learned from the farces of the past but more by following the Chinese model as a shining example of exploitation masquerading as developmental aid. The important thing is that the period of subjection be as extended and lucrative as possible.

The Chinese aren't as stupid as the Brits who give away billions in aid for nothing in return.
Mrs May's £5billion recent giveaway to South Africa is an example. They don't want to see the poverty etc. in their own country.

The Chinese aren't as stupid as the Brits .....

Few are.

I don't see many multi-party democracies abruptly trashing the system and letting The People "decide". Now who needs political parties? The Chinese are showing us the efficient way forward: One Party that represents everybody and a bullet in the back of the neck for those that disagree.

Few are.

I don't see many multi-party democracies abruptly trashing the system and letting The People "decide". Now who needs political parties? The Chinese are showing us the efficient way forward: One Party that represents everybody and a bullet in the back of the neck for those that disagree.

Talking of bullets to the back of the head. Julian Assange faces up to 170 years in prison on 17 more charges for exposing US war crimes to the world. Meanwhile, those who invaded Iraq on a pack of lies not only still walk free, but are planning new wars against Venezuela and Iran.

Talking of bullets to the back of the head. Julian Assange faces up to 170 years in prison on 17 more charges for exposing US war crimes to the world. Meanwhile, those who invaded Iraq on a pack of lies not only still walk free, but are planning new wars against Venezuela and Iran.

The firing squad has long been an efficient tool for "democratic" change. There are always lessons to be learned from history.

I see ham-fisted reductive US intervention slightly improved through lessons learned from the farces of the past but more by following the Chinese model as a shining example of exploitation masquerading as developmental aid. The important thing is that the period of subjection be as extended and lucrative as possible.

As mentioned the Chinese do not interfere with internal politics. If countries have corrupt regimes and leaders then their national courts and laws should deal with it. If governments borrow money on terms agreed, then those international agreements need to be met or enforced. You setting your self up as an independent judge able to determine what is exploitation and what is not? Brave man.

It's business without bullets and bombs raining down on people imo.

There are no free lunches. Hard world out there. (y)

As mentioned the Chinese do not interfere with internal politics. If countries have corrupt regimes and leaders then their national courts and laws should deal with it. If governments borrow money on terms agreed, then those international agreements need to be met or enforced. You setting your self up as an independent judge able to determine what is exploitation and what is not? Brave man.

It's business without bullets and bombs raining down on people imo.

There are no free lunches. Hard world out there. (y)

Much as I admire your rectitude, our respective understandings of what constitutes "interference with internal politics" are quite obviously radically different. To me, if one purchases a government, which then goes on to do one's bidding then I call that interference .....though I am of course aware that the Chinese call this "good business practice".

As to setting myself up to determine exploitation, I am doing no such thing. The dictionary (most of them, anyway) handily define the term as something along the lines of "selfish use" or "for profit use" and if said Chinese Good Practice ain't that, then bite me.

....and bravery?? You know me not!

When the ship is sinking I'm invariably the first man into the lifeboat and the women and children can help themselves... this does lead me into regularly setting my stops too close to asphyxia but I come from a long line of cowards who've managed to escape with not only our skins but our shirts as well.

When the ship is sinking I'm invariably the first man into the lifeboat and the women and children can help themselves... this does lead me into regularly setting my stops too close to asphyxia but I come from a long line of cowards who've managed to escape with not only our skins but our shirts as well.​

I am glad you are NOT the captain in charge of my cruise ship. Got any Italian cousins ?​

When the ship is sinking I'm invariably the first man into the lifeboat and the women and children can help themselves... this does lead me into regularly setting my stops too close to asphyxia but I come from a long line of cowards who've managed to escape with not only our skins but our shirts as well.

I am glad you are NOT the captain in charge of my cruise ship. Got any Italian cousins ?

Noi siamo conosciuti per il nostro coraggio! Quanto sei disposto a pagare per questo? I nostri prezzi possono essere molto ragionevoli....Mio cugino Schettino è stato semplicemente frainteso

Much as I admire your rectitude, our respective understandings of what constitutes "interference with internal politics" are quite obviously radically different. To me, if one purchases a government, which then goes on to do one's bidding then I call that interference .....though I am of course aware that the Chinese call this "good business practice".

As to setting myself up to determine exploitation, I am doing no such thing. The dictionary (most of them, anyway) handily define the term as something along the lines of "selfish use" or "for profit use" and if said Chinese Good Practice ain't that, then bite me.

....and bravery?? You know me not!

It would thrill me to see you turn and point your pen at our American cousins dear Cantagrill.

You are indeed a formidable force to reckon with. Pen mightier than the sword I heard someone say once. (y)

It would thrill me to see you turn and point your pen at our American cousins dear Cantagrill.

You are indeed a formidable force to reckon with. Pen mightier than the sword I heard someone say once. (y)

I feel it unfair to single out Those That Dwell Over The Pond for special treatment* as their mongrel heritage seems to have done them no favours in the neurone department.

*an efficient Sonderkommando would do them no end of good in tidying up the gene pool.