Geopolitics and the Consequences

Here's one of those good web ideas that has sadly turned to dust, whilst there is probably a large amount of truth still left in Wikipedia, it has become just another source of information corrupted by left wing ideology.

If we were able to skip forward 100 years, I wonder what use the internet would be (by ordinary people) other than for utilitarian use?

There are some in China that don't like the autocratic system they have. Sure it's very good at capitalistic making money but there is no dissent allowed. Not just Hong Kong want some freedom of opinion.
Democracy sucks in many ways but at least one can express an opinion and it is a better system to live with. No gulags or dawn raids to concentration camps and death.

Meanwhile back in France, Macron again! The Yellow Vests never went away, but now it seems their ranks will be swelled once again as the General Strikes take hold.
France will be the epicenter of the disintegration of the EU.

Meanwhile back in France, Macron again! The Yellow Vests never went away, but now it seems their ranks will be swelled once again as the General Strikes take hold.
France will be the epicenter of the disintegration of the EU.

Possibly. Macron seems determined either to be the leader or the destroyer of whatever he's involved in. I think he might be modelling himself on De Gaulle.

When the cops are beating firefighters, then surely the administration is in trouble! Will the EU step in to take control, maybe the Germans?

I'm sure they'd love to, we've been there before..........

Except this time, who would be saving who and from whom? We are talking EU citizens!

Anyway, I thought this was all normal for France, they can have a revolution, it's what they do! To us reserved Brits it looks over the top, but emergency services fighting each other is pretty normal fayre in France is it not?

What next, the military (the blue armoured personel carriers with EU emblem have previously been seen on the streets)?

Encryption - a weapon of the internet or saviour. Such an ancient tool, used on modern technology both for good and for ill, only humans could devise such a technology.

A pity the Scots are still trying for independence. I think we are better off together even if the average Scot does better than their English counterpart.
They have their own Parlt. and the ability to raise taxes and spend what they like. Don't really see what the Sturgeon is squawking about other than more power for herself. Perhaps she can find a Stuart ancestor and claim to be Queen of Scotland or something.

Nicola Sturgeon says there's overwhelming support in Scotland for independence.

The SNP increased their vote share by 27% from 977,569 (37% of total) in 2017 to 1,242,372 this time and they took most of the Scottish seats. But they got 45% of the vote, which is strangely exactly the vote for independence in the Scottish independence referendum in 2014. A better popular vote result might have been expected considering the Brexit issue was not around in 2014

The SNP like to tell tall tales and scarey stories around their fires in winter.

Might be a lot better for themselves to wait out Trump's reign, rather than have such an expensive tantrum. The downside of excessive nationalism.

Might be a lot better for themselves to wait out Trump's reign, rather than have such an expensive tantrum. The downside of excessive nationalism.

Another 5 years until Trump goes?

Another 5 years until Trump goes?
Either that or an Act of God maybe.
Anyway the Chinese are getting much too stroppy with their new found successes. Yes the pain has been high on some of their people but not on those at the top.. Will they see sense and try to co-exist ? I doubt it.

Last edited:
I wonder what Kim's Xmas present to Donald will be ?
Nothing very nice I expect.