Gap Trading Tricks And Tips

fibbo said:
which stock would you long? This is the screen shot of the exhaustion engine before market open

Grey1

Hi My Man

If i understand correctly then Id be going long AAPL.[/QUOTE]

AAAAAAAAPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL as jerry would shout AAAPLLLLLLLLLLL

watch apply flying to day

grey1

Grey1 said:
yes it is

which stock would you long? This is the screen shot of the exhaustion engine before market open

Grey1
AAPL showing OS in all three TF. BTW, are you active in JO's room? cheers,..

leovirgo said:
AAPL showing OS in all three TF. BTW, are you active in JO's room? cheers,..

we long OS stocks

No i am not in jerry room any more as my computer cannot take it and i need all resources i need while trading

Grey1

Grey1 said:
we long OS stocks

No i am not in jerry room any more as my computer cannot take it and i need all resources i need while trading

Grey1

Hats off to you Grey1- apple has shot up like a rocket!!!

PS- for some reason the T2W clock seems to be 1 hr behind

MACCi Table

Grey1 said:
this is the screen from yesterday just before close

which one would you short

Grey1

Hi Grey

I assume you have created this via esignal. I wish to reproduce it in my esignal system
can you give any guidane to set it up. I have spoken to eignal but they do not seem to be able to assist. If anybody else can help please do so.

Orky

which one would you long

AMGN , BRCM are not ideal but are the best two .. remember we sell immediatley at open

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    14 KB · Views: 105
Grey1 said:
which one would you long

AMGN , BRCM are not ideal but are the best two .. remember we sell immediatley at open
Hello sir

it's still vague for me, do u take the gap trades when 1)Mkt is OB/OS & 2) Stock is OB/OS or the second criteria is suffice to take a gap trade? in ur last screenshot(despite 2 others) INDU is not present.
i mean do u look @ MKT's Exhaustion Engine, in a gap trade? is it important? in last 2 examples it seemed to me, it's important, but not in recent 1.

Regards
Kako

Grey1, I am keeping to my displine and not longing either one unless they are OB/OS, would appreciate if you sent another one like yesterday before market open. Thx

Grey1 said:
which one would you long

kako said:
Hello sir

it's still vague for me, do u take the gap trades when 1)Mkt is OB/OS & 2) Stock is OB/OS or the second criteria is suffice to take a gap trade? in ur last screenshot(despite 2 others) INDU is not present.
i mean do u look @ MKT's Exhaustion Engine, in a gap trade? is it important? in last 2 examples it seemed to me, it's important, but not in recent 1.

Regards

Kako
KOKO

You are selling in the first bar therefore you are slicing the time frame which means you are reducing the market direction . Hence the elimination of market direction . Saying that if you had the market support on the intra bases that would be better . If you also had a daily market support that would add points to your analysis

there fore

GAP TRADE SHORT if MACCI ( 1min ) > 100 and MACCI ( 3 min ) >100 and MACCI ( 5 mi ) > 100

AND

if MACCI MARKET ( 1min ) > 100 and MACCI MARKET ( 3 min ) >100 and MACCI MARKET ( 5 mi ) > 100

AND

MACCI MARKET DAILY > 100

REVERSE FOR LONG

The algorithm above is an ideal situation and you wont be able to get many signal. To have a trade off for more signal you can go by the first line ONLY provided you get out on the first BAR . This is not a 100 % strategy, just a high probability play Please notice in AMGN , BRCM example even their MACCI is not ideal but i still am taking the riskof the trade. Lets watch it in real time to day as the market opens. I am no bull guy and like to see things in real time with MY NECK ON LINE. BLACK OR WHITE EITHER IT WORKS MORE THAN IT FAILS OR IT WONT BE POSTED ON THIS BB .

Grey1

gulam said:
Grey1, I am keeping to my displine and not longing either one unless they are OB/OS, would appreciate if you sent another one like yesterday before market open. Thx
Gulum

you missed the YHOO one before APPL . It dropped 20% lol Have a look at the chart.

This is how MMs trade.

Yes YHOO was too good, it looks like your EE is good for earning plays! :)
Question: What would happen if the results where good and it gapped up, or do you avoid using the EE at earning times?

Pls can you clarify when you say "This is how MMs trade"? Do you mean they buy the night before and sell in the morning based on the OB/OS conditions?

Thx

Grey1 said:
Gulum

you missed the YHOO one before APPL . It dropped 20% lol Have a look at the chart.

This is how MMs trade.

gulam said:
Yes YHOO was too good, it looks like your EE is good for earning plays! :)
Question: What would happen if the results where good and it gapped up, or do you avoid using the EE at earning times?

Pls can you clarify when you say "This is how MMs trade"? Do you mean they buy the night before and sell in the morning based on the OB/OS conditions?

Thx

AMGN Up $2.20 pre market
BRCM down $ 2.81 pre market ( DELL EFFECT ) but NO excuses what so ever Trade is a trade as simple as that .. GOOD BAD and UGLY

Grey1

Macci

Trader333 said:
The signal is written in Tradestation and not esignal

Paul

Thanks for your reply. Can give me the formulae for calculating the MACCI so I put it in esignal. I assume it is a moving average of the 1,3,&5 min cci

Andy