IG Index shares gap question

Dmond

Hi,

I would like to keep positions on shares rolling over with IG Index. For example short £10 a point Microsoft and keep it rolling over for a few days. Due to the fact that share prices gap when opening the next day how can I prevent losing money on this gap?

For example Microsoft closes at $100 then opens the next day at $90. If I had my short position rolled over with IG index would I see that $10 profit at the days open or would my position be closed at $100 then reopened at $90 ? Transaction costs and spread are of course seperate to this $10 gap.

Is the only way to capitalise on that $10 gap to actually short the real Microsoft shares with a stockbroker?

Thank you

Hi,

I would like to keep positions on shares rolling over with IG Index. For example short £10 a point Microsoft and keep it rolling over for a few days. Due to the fact that share prices gap when opening the next day how can I prevent losing money on this gap?

For example Microsoft closes at $100 then opens the next day at $90. If I had my short position rolled over with IG index would I see that $10 profit at the days open or would my position be closed at $100 then reopened at $90 ? Transaction costs and spread are of course seperate to this $10 gap.

Is the only way to capitalise on that $10 gap to actually short the real Microsoft shares with a stockbroker?

Thank you

u will profit or lose from the gap with ig and any other SB firm ...