FX Trading Dec 03-07

I can't remember who it was posted this, but thanks anyway...replicated below, the post NFP ranges

Attachments

• nfp range.jpg
    nfp range.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 154
thnx bbmac
also taking into accont the divergences on 5 mn charts definitely exiting was the right thing to do.

dont use fibo much to be honest.

mixed reaction so far to the U.s data. +94k, with +4k revisioon on last month, un-emp # holding at 4.7% etc..

Implied chance now of a 0.25% fed cut next week is apparently 68%.

I'm done for the day/week. Good luck all. Have a good w/e

gbp jpy nfp action

just how setup played out nfp on this pair. I wasn't watching any others, but fairly tight range for this pair. Still in bull mode but I closed last long 689. Interesting to see if if fly's out the gate north sunday night .

Attachments

• gbpnfp.PNG
    gbpnfp.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 177
just how setup played out nfp on this pair. I wasn't watching any others, but fairly tight range for this pair. Still in bull mode but I closed last long 689. Interesting to see if if fly's out the gate north sunday night .
Good job with closing long. it touched 20 EMA on daily chart - a chart that shows a clear downtrend. Also bearish divergence with MACD and RSI on 15 and 30 min charts,

Good job with closing long. it touched 20 EMA on daily chart - a chart that shows a clear downtrend. Also bearish divergence with MACD and RSI on 15 and 30 min charts,

:) we'll see. if was not the weekend I'd be holding long anticipating a poss pullback for an attempt spring higher but its holding top of the range , 700 holding for now but on my setups cycle ,suggests more prod up/ limited downside. But going into the weekend, I think well, people have time to think, I mean I dont like the fact the markets closed. LOL. I think they should keep trading sat, sundays I dont like the pause (for continuity of data's sake) .

:) we'll see. if was not the weekend I'd be holding long anticipating a poss pullback for an attempt spring higher but its holding top of the range , 700 holding for now but on my setups cycle ,suggests more prod up/ limited downside. But going into the weekend, I think well, people have time to think, I mean I dont like the fact the markets closed. LOL. I think they should keep trading sat, sundays I dont like the pause (for continuity of data's sake) .
Lol when I am on a good run I also wished markets were open Sat & Sun. These days I wish markets could close for a whole month!!

Something interesting I've noticed this week is that carry trades have stopped mimicing equities. previously if S&P went up or down all carry trades would follow. This week i havent seen much of a correlation after a very long time