FX Trading Sep 03-07

Hi Zuke,
How is it going...I have not really been actively posting for a bit of time...
I have been off and on...seems like most of the the cable traders have stoped posting as well..
In two mind to start again...have just been too busy...Short seems to be the way forward..but I think I will wait to hop on to the train as 12:10.

I am trading eur/jpy now adays along with geppy....

Best of luck with you trade
Happy Trading
Rav

Hey Rav..good to see you still here. Sadly my first of the day was stopped out for -35. EUR/JPY has been keeping me busy too.

I had a short in eur\yen...made +10 on my first trade.....shorted at 77 but did not let the profits run as the last hour prior to BOE is a bit unpredictable....
Also scalped a couple of pips this morning from the pair +7

Not much but 17 pips for the day but I scalp a bit heavy so...I am pretty happy with the results...

I am just trading the range currently and scalping a couple of pips here and there...
Long 35 short 75.....the way forward...each way I target 5 pips with a stop loss of 15...
Best of luck
Rav

A new rule but at a the decided price level instead of the maybe...or it might level...
For me the Fibs and pivots work very well..The trades that go wrong are the ones where I try and scalp at the wrong pip zone....
Anyway just thought I would start posting today.......

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Makes for interesting reading. Am new to this currency lark.

I am long on EUR/USD...:eek:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 153
Good luck. :)

Am considering shorting EUR/JPY in the next 5 minutes. Will see what happens when it touches a TL.

ETA: looks like a gentle reversal. Or perhaps sideways. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am closing my long for 13 pips profit....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 161
Hi Zuke,
How is it going...I have not really been actively posting for a bit of time...
I have been off and on...seems like most of the the cable traders have stoped posting as well..
In two mind to start again...have just been too busy...Short seems to be the way forward..but I think I will wait to hop on to the train as 12:10.

I am trading eur/jpy now adays along with geppy....

Best of luck with you trade
Happy Trading
Rav

Hi Rav and Zuke,

Good to have you guys back with us - it's been very quiet over the last month or so - we need some more of traders here to liven it up a bit. Even Jacinto seems to have desserted us at the moment.

These days I'm mainly trading the cable - generally overnight -though during the day I tend to watch both the cable and the gbp/jpy for breaks of support/resistance. It's been a bit choppy recently so not much going here that meets my criteria.

However I made the mistake of emailing my other half today about a trade and we got at cross-purposes. I wanted to get out of a trade (I was assuming he had already entered a buy trade for me earlier when the cable broke a high) anyway instead of telling me he hadn't traded it, he got me into a buy trade, just when I knew the price was going to fall. (Hence my asking him to get me out of the earlier trade). So -52 pips later, I'm definitely not a happy bunny. :(

Moral of the story is: Never trust your loved one with your trading account! (Or they could very soon stop being your 'loved' one!) :LOL:

I am better than you in this respect, JillyB. I can ruin trades without the help from another person. :cheesy:

Hi Rav and Zuke,

Good to have you guys back with us - it's been very quiet over the last month or so - we need some more of traders here to liven it up a bit. Even Jacinto seems to have desserted us at the moment.

These days I'm mainly trading the cable - generally overnight -though during the day I tend to watch both the cable and the gbp/jpy for breaks of support/resistance. It's been a bit choppy recently so not much going here that meets my criteria.

However I made the mistake of emailing my other half today about a trade and we got at cross-purposes. I wanted to get out of a trade (I was assuming he had already entered a buy trade for me earlier when the cable broke a high) anyway instead of telling me he hadn't traded it, he got me into a buy trade, just when I knew the price was going to fall. (Hence my asking him to get me out of the earlier trade). So -52 pips later, I'm definitely not a happy bunny. :(

Moral of the story is: Never trust your loved one with your trading account! (Or they could very soon stop being your 'loved' one!) :LOL:

hi jilly,

not abandoned at all. by the way, hope you are getting better from the op.

have been having a bit of a hard time in terms of having time to trade. my routine has been anything but a routine for the last 6 weeks. moving house, not finished unpacking, then holiday, then start unpacking, then 5 days of peace (kid in summer camp), then this week (kid a pain 24-7 :D ), waking up late (later than normal), and so on.

its just upside down. im still trying to find the time to do other stuff i still have to do ;)

anyway, never trust the other half when you give instructions :LOL:

well, tomorrow no trading.....i really hate NFP days......unless there is something interesting early morning on non dollar related pairs :cheesy:

hope your getting better

j

NFP daily ranges

Charts showing daily ranges on NFP days going back for some time. Also, charts showing candles for those days.

I am closing my long for 48 pips profit....:cheesy:

Attachments

• eur.gif
    eur.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 180
Nice!

I was up, too. And then I came down. Went for a morning hike with a friend. :cheesy:

Do you just do one trade a day, then?

Last edited: