Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Stay

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Go

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

scose-no-doubt

Veteren member
This is really the most important question imo. The outcome will be the foundation of all that follows or something...

Last edited:
My prediction is that there will be more lulz (how could there not be in given the circumstances), but that sadly the future will be very short lived.

I'll miss the place

I think lulz will not be tolerated and this place will become tedious. I might set up my own forum for lulz, topless pics and trading methods. Just have to see if TM Lewin and Tesco are willing to advertise.

My prediction is that there will be more lulz (how could there not be in given the circumstances), but that sadly the future will be very short lived.

I'll miss the place

There do seem to be some obvious difficulties.

T2W I assume makes most of its money from advertising from vendors and the, ahem, less professional brokers and spread betting outfits, as well as sending out partner offers and so on.

Given the nature of so many of the companies that T2W presumably depends upon for its revenue, how can a man who is a magistrate possibly run the site?

I never understood that magistrate thing. Sharky said it but it wasn't really alluded to in Steve's post about his history. I though he was a corporate consultant, or have I misread something?

I think lulz will not be tolerated and this place will become tedious. I might set up my own forum for lulz, topless pics and trading methods. Just have to see if TM Lewin and Tesco are willing to advertise.

whilst I am always up for a bit of banter, the lulz does get in the way of trading discussion (for those who actually trade :rolleyes:)

Troll verb ( FISH )
pronunciation of this word/trəʊl/, /trɒl//troʊl/ [I or T]
Definition
to try to catch fish by pulling a baited line through the water behind a boat

whilst I am always up for a bit of banter, the lulz does get in the way of trading discussion (for those who actually trade :rolleyes:)

While I agree in theory, I've heard this before numerous times but still have not been provided with an example of this happening.

Look at the live trading and and SP threads for example. Where else is there any trading discussion?

We'll have to see. But the new appointment does seem to suggest that T2W has chosen its path.

Neither lulz nor the active investigation of vendors seem likely to be welcomed in future (not that I imagine they're especially welcome now).

I imagine the three posters on this thread thus far will be banned fairly soon, and of course they'll have to do something about Pboyles. In a rare moment of candour he has already been told that he is costing them money.

I think there will be little lulz, virtually no content of genuine value, and a hard line taken against the vendor hunters.

EDIT:

Not a bad thing I suppose, on reflection. I stopped posting for a while and did other things during the day instead and frankly, it is much better. I'll miss a few characters here and some of the banter, but nonetheless my ban will be a good thing. And this time there won't be a blind eye turned to sneaking back in under a new moniker that is some variation on El Bandito Schlongoso.

I think there will be little lulz, virtually no content of genuine value, and a hard line taken against the vendor hunters.

Sadly I dont think they have any other choice at this stage of the game.

I'll stick around pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation for as long as I'm tolerated (although to be fair they are far less hypocritical than they where 2 years ago, and I'm correspondingly far less critical)

The lulz at t2w has arisen as a backlash against the way the site has been run, and as the situation gets worse (and its clear from Steve's limited comments that it will), then there has to be an inevitable reaction. More and more members are now being openly critical of the site, its content, and its commercial agenda. That isn't going to stop, its going to get worse

When you get a members who have historically supported t2w, and contributed unselfishly, members such as BBMac for example, telling it how it is, then that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

Sadly I dont think they have any other choice at this stage of the game.

I'll stick around pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation for as long as I'm tolerated (although to be fair they are far less hypocritical than they where 2 years ago, and I'm correspondingly far less critical)

The lulz at t2w has arisen as a backlash against the way the site has been run, and as the situation gets worse (and its clear from Steve's limited comments that it will), then there has to be an inevitable reaction. More and more members are now being openly critical of the site, its content, and its commercial agenda. That isn't going to stop, its going to get worse

When you get a members who have historically supported t2w, and contributed unselfishly, members such as BBMac for example, telling it how it is, then that's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.

That just about sums it up, really.

I give you a week, fortnight tops.

We'll have to see. But the new appointment does seem to suggest that T2W has chosen its path.

Neither lulz nor the active investigation of vendors seem likely to be welcomed in future (not that I imagine they're especially welcome now).

I imagine the three posters on this thread thus far will be banned fairly soon, and of course they'll have to do something about Pboyles. In a rare moment of candour he has already been told that he is costing them money.

EDIT:

Not a bad thing I suppose, on reflection. I stopped posting for a while and did other things during the day instead and frankly, it is much better. I'll miss a few characters here and some of the banter, but nonetheless my ban will be a good thing. And this time there won't be a blind eye turned to sneaking back in under a new moniker that is some variation on El Bandito Schlongoso.

Blimey, lep, how on earth do you draw any of those conclusions from what Steve has said so far? I would have replied the same to hare, but I know that's a lost cause since he's been marching up and down the street for years with his "end of the world is nigh" placard held high :)

All I've seen so far, his history posts aside, is a recognition of the vendor problem and commitment to get it sorted out with help from members. What have I missed?

jon

Blimey, lep, how on earth do you draw any of those conclusions from what Steve has said so far?
jon

because he read what he actually wrote, not what he wanted him to write. Its a useful skill to develop