Futex

Dmond

Could anyone tell me what trading at Futex as a self backed trader would be like?

Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

If you can afford the desk/platform fees (probably somewhere between £1000 and £2000 a month), i am sure it will be fantastic experience.

Thanks, can I ask why do you say it will be a fantastic experience? Generally what are the good points about it?

I am a home trader and have no experience of a trading desk like that. I applied to be backed but was told they could only offer me a self-backed place instead.

I am a home trader and have no experience of a trading desk like that. I applied to be backed but was told they could only offer me a self-backed place instead.

Why would you want to trade with a prop shop if you already do it from home? Wouldn't it be better to be your own boss? Are you profitable? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Just wondering.

Eduardo.:)

Because an office environment is great if you're with the right people, is why :)

Mmm...Fair enough, never thought of that; my own office experience was rather unpleasant (in accounting, you see) I guess I was with the wrong people.
I should explore this issue, thanks for the advice.

Eduardo.:)

Could anyone tell me what trading at Futex as a self backed trader would be like?

Does anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Hi Dmond,

Getting a desk at a prop firm is great for the social element. Interacting with other traders and having a place to go to, to trade, allows you to structure your day. Trading from home can get very lonely and requires inhuman discipline at times! At a prop firm you will also get excellent execution through direct access plus IT support and essential extras for traders including access to a squawk, Bloomberg and all the rest of it...

I was at Futex - although not as a self backed trader. Competition is stiff for backed placements and there is limited availability which is probably why you got offered the opportunity to self back instead.

As far as I know, the desk fees are very competitive, they have a great support team and there are some really good traders there. All the self backed traders I know that are there seem very happy. The only consideration may be if you want to work out in Surrey but its a nice office, out of the manic bustle of the city and fairly easy to get too depending on where you live. I would recommend them.

All the best whatever you decide.

-Tom

Last edited:
Whats the minimum to start playing there? How much do they leverage you to?

This may have changed but 30K min , & 4:1 standard . have found this can vary from place to place though , ie 50 K 4:1.

depends very much on what you are doing 7 how often

:):)

They put Voltaire's 'Candide' on their recommended reading list for traders. That's either a very good or a very bad sign.

cheers,

MP

They put Voltaire's 'Candide' on their recommended reading list for traders. That's either a very good or a very bad sign.

cheers,

MP

LOL - sounds an odd choice to me. From what I remember of the book its a rambling, philosophical diatribe on the issues of why bad things happen to good people. But I'm sure they have a reason behind it.

Tell 'em Trader Dante also advised you to read Dostoyevsky's "House of the Dead" so that you could learn that without freedom there is no personality. They'll know who I am.

if you are thinking that you are going to read a book and then start trading successfully then you better start searching for something else

Well, I got offered to come in for assessment at Futex,

Unfortunately i'm in Australia and need to be in Woking by the 23rd of this month..... and I'm not yet eligible for a working visa with out sponsorship from an employer.

Quite disappointing as I would've really loved the opportunity to test for them and show them what I could be.

Don't they have remote places ?

If Futex don't there are definitely lots of other prop firms that do.

They might have remote places but who is going to trade STIR's fromm Aus ?? , think about it .

Connectivity is the key here