FTSE 100 Intraday - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
a little bit of useless information

aside from bt (opened down) and dge (opened flat) the remaining
ftse 14 opened about 1% higher (range 0.5 - 1.28% with 7
at 1% or more).

currently, only 4 of the 14 are trading higher than their opening.

I re-iterate my view that "appearances are deceptive". Looking at history and finding 'similar' charts is entertaining. But I see it as a major impediment to remaining objective towards the market. I remember a number of similar compariisons (Nikkei and the Dow). Trade what you see, not what you think/hope etc.

bonsai...hi mate...

4450 to come soon..?

looks like your going to be correct after all..(as if you wouldnt be)

from being the only bull in the field at one point a few months back, could you then be the first bear out the trap once target is touched?...
Regards
Lee.

jonnyy
it wasn't one of my charts, I picked it up from another bulletin
board. (Cant remember which one)

edit
but if you can go back and find the chart and tell me the posting number, I might be able to back track and find the up to date chart .

Last edited:
lee
4450 is a point on the chart that begs to be tested.
there are others higher up.
but one thing at a time ?

Yes, I have seen the chart. But it is like looking for shapes in the clouds. If you are bearish you find 'bearish' patterns and vice versa. It is bad enough trying to stay objective without adding potential confusion to ones trading. As you so clearly pointed out: Trade in the present, not the past or the future.

Or as another member has said:
Trade what you see, not what you expect to see or what someone has said will happen. Just go wwith the market's f;ow to make money.

To me the real questions we should be seeking include:
Is the market still making higher highs and higher low? YES
Is support holding? YES.
Charts are very useful in identifying and possibly answering these questions.

Of course, the second quality of trading is flexibility. Once support fails and lower lows appear one has to be flexible to recognise the nature of the market has altered.

Trade what you see -- I can see a chart pattern 1/4 mile away through lead sheet.I want a system that takes me away from that.I had it and then got so bored with lack of signals that I tarted it about and then lost.

On D4F we are testing the intra-day lows. As a general remark, the market appears reluctant to give back its gains (so far!) and, as i am typing, appears to have rejected the intra-day lows

Jonnyy40,
"tarting" charts up inevitably means that the only reality, price, gets hidden by all those colourful indicators (which are derivatives of the price anyway.) That is why i look at pure price and use support/reistance etc.

Re "boring"- that iis exactly how trading should be. Your system should be predictable (boring).
If you are after excitment, financial markets are a very expensive way of getting "fun". Instead, go and have a flutter on the horses or go to Alton Parks.

PS I am not being evangelical (though the reply does sound that way), just passing on hard won experience.

mully
agree this seems a bullish sequence.
but I doubled up after it failed on the second occasion.
so am now in small profit.
my concern is the rising 1 day as this was tested and gave support yesterday.
it may well give support today.

the nice man kept offering me 82
you cant keep saying no, can you ?

so out now for +22

something tells me I may be able to get back in again today
but I really couldnt say whether that will be long or short.

I see you expect the 1day SMA will act as support again.......

Of course, until it stops acting as support!!!

lol
bit more to it than that, but yes.
its the same with all 'support'.
but not only was the price on the 1 day but also touched
lockstocks old trend line from 4219 which still seems to be in play.

but it doesnt mean its the end of anything, it was just a good place to take profit , imo

oophs, D4F has just dropped through its 1 day SMA. Lets see if there are any other sellers out there.

Obviously poor old FTSE felt lonely up there, because it has popped back into the top of yesterday's VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.