FTSE 100 February

4530 is the first port of call... I also have pivots at 24 and 30...so will be watching both of those

Given all the recent moves in the $, I am reminded by the following Soros observation:

"One of the generalizations I established about freely floating exchange rates is that short-term volatility is greatest at turning points and diminishes as a trend becomes established."

Just one to tuck away and remember.

This is not a forecast. But I am watching much more closely.

Nice r/s switch (8:24ish) on rsi 1 min chart...continuing from yesterdays action.

Attachments

• untitled.gif
    untitled.gif
    109.1 KB · Views: 364
have to anticpate entries when cmcs faivalue is this off. should be short at the breakdown at 524 but cmc want me to take 514. LOL . Have messaged them about their fair value today but as usual the dont bother replying.

fin
I see it. Is there a projection that goes with it ?
or is it still 'once you are in you are on your own ' ?

hooya
certainly taken a dive since Jean raised this issue ?
now only -10 ?

Jean , what do you have ?

nice one mully.

the only problem I have with that is 'what is volatility' ?

seems a very subjective measure.

Hooya

I agrree, they are not giving much chance at the moment. Still if nobody goes in then they don't make any money. At least they don't get mine this time. :LOL:

I will wait to see if we get another chance.

Bonsai,

No projection as of yet.

Still working on it.

There is definetly a rsi/price forecating relationship . Once i have figured out, i'll let u know

I wouldnt mind if they would keep this fair value all day but I know they won't so If I short 6 points out of the money and they change the fair value I lose 6 pints before Ive even started and taking into account a stop etc I too expensive imo.

Attachments

• yyyy.gif
    yyyy.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 224
IMVHO: All I am trying to highlight is that the currency market
will probably gives us the first indication
of any interest rate policy change by the US.
The more recent volatile trading of the $ could be
signalling the first indications that views on interest
differentials across the atlantic may now not be all one way.

Why is this interesting.

Because the poor performance of the FTSE100 (rel to peers) can partlybe explained by the impact of the falling dollar on our $ sensitive stocks. Any relief on this front might give FTSE100 some extra support.

jean, I think we must assume the change is bullish ? by the sb's.

--------------------

we have been here before.

Attachments

• jan16.gif
    jan16.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 235
I did go long yesterday when 4480 held. However you can't say much enthusiasm is being shown at the moment. Looks like another slow boring day waiting to see what the Dow does. US futures now rising which might help.

Jean