Dow Jones times - November

Peter

Active member
153 0
dow times

I have a few times that may see some action on the dow

today many are next 90 mins


****= I expect most likely stronger moves

Its still possible we test 9700 and bounce, BUT Im thinking we see 9960 to 10000 friday , so only got 1 day to rally 150 to 200 points

Ill be watching hopefully for reversals at thesepoints

Im thinking we may head down to 1800 if we make minor top any time


16.48/16.50**********

17.05

17.20

17.48 to 18.00

18.30******

18.50**********

19.33 **********
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Hi BB

yes if we did go down to 1800 it would be some move ! :)

Unfortunately we found a top instead at 18.00

I hope you realise i meant Hours :)

Nice thought though.!!! LOL

I want to see if we now hold that 2nd main top of the day or If the other time signals take it lower.

I think if we break 9834 we stay up.

Next tow signals could see bigger moves.


mkts JUSt going up as I write to atttact 9834

Pete
Pete



Bigbusiness said:


Wow, that would be something:)
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Re: dow times

Chart attached shows times I posted earlier

Many turned to my times,

I think we go up now 9834 broke from the last signal i had at 19.33

Pete









Peter said:
I have a few times that may see some action on the dow

today many are next 90 mins


****= I expect most likely stronger moves

Its still possible we test 9700 and bounce, BUT Im thinking we see 9960 to 10000 friday , so only got 1 day to rally 150 to 200 points

Ill be watching hopefully for reversals at thesepoints

Im thinking we may head down to 1800 if we make minor top any time


16.48/16.50**********

17.05

17.20

17.48 to 18.00

18.30******

18.50**********

19.33 **********
 

Attachments

  • dow nov 13th 2003 times.gif
    dow nov 13th 2003 times.gif
    19 KB · Views: 566

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
hi peter
nice to see some sort of trading thread on the dow

have you noticed, it all goes dead quiet here in the evening

nobody seems to talk thru' the action.

perhaps there are a lot of white knuckles ?

lol
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Hi Bonsai

I havent really obsevered the group activity as ive only recently started posting.

Maybe this is the case with many boards.

I know many trade the first few hours if they can, often you get enough moves in the first two hours.

Also I get the impression Not many on this site trade the Dow index.

This is surprising however as there is such a big membership.

Maybe The FTSE is a better option.

I believe that you specialise in the FTSE.

PS By any chance would you Know when the FTSE first started trading. Specifically atwhat Date.

Some one has asked me if they know when the whatlevel it opened at when it first started.

He was actually asking about the Futures which would be June contract I think

He suggested May 3rd 1984

BUTdoesnt know what price it opened at

He claims he needs it for some vital research.

Hes tried contacting LIFFE, but had no luck.

Id be surprised if anyone knows.

Never know though.

Thks Pete








bonsai said:
hi peter
nice to see some sort of trading thread on the dow

have you noticed, it all goes dead quiet here in the evening

nobody seems to talk thru' the action.

perhaps there are a lot of white knuckles ?

lol
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Dow Nov 14th

The Dow and Spx have held up today after an initial early sell of
from yesterdays top.

I think we have to now be careful if Nov 14th is a valid cycle date
as I personally am expecting.

We MAY NOT see the Dow make 10,000 as we seem that we are forming a triple top on both indexes.

9900 MAY yet prove to hold for some time if it can hold to the 17th.

I have a main time point around 2.30pm tommorrow with others hitting
as a cluster. I also have several others in on the 17th.


Pete
 

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
it opened at 1000
but I couldnt put a specific date to it.
tell him to phone ftse international or check their website ?
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Thks Bonsai,

Didnt expect any reply to that.

Can I just check, Was that the cash or futures price you wrote.

Maybe they both would have traded at this level on the open.

It Maybe the Futures started before the cash index, im not sure.

I think he indicated the cash started in 1986


Is that Ftse international .co.uk by any chance, not searched for it yet.

Cheers Pete




bonsai said:
it opened at 1000
but I couldnt put a specific date to it.
tell him to phone ftse international or check their website ?
 

bonsai

Veteren member
4,106 11
futures nor options couldnt possibly trade without cash index.

I think 84 but couldnt off hand put a date to it.
its a fair guess that first trade would have been cash + fair value ? but back to liffe for that.
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Yes I think that you are right about that,

Id suspect the futures would have been very close in price when it opened.

Thks again.
Good trading

pete

bonsai said:
futures nor options couldnt possibly trade without cash index.

I think 84 but couldnt off hand put a date to it.
its a fair guess that first trade would have been cash + fair value ? but back to liffe for that.
 

qaza

Active member
235 0
the cash index is calculated continuously throughout the day but how is it traded ? [ignoring sb's who were not around in 84]
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Dow November 14th

There are Several good cycle numbers in today

*************** I believe are the main ones to watch..

Three main times I am concerned with are14.58, 16.55 and 19.36

If today we make a final top its NOT going to be easy to say which time to expect it.

My best signal is 19.36, but I have had some good signals in the past come in within 30 to 40 mins late for final tops.

as a last time point if 19.36 hasnt turned id expect 20.20 ish

Good Luck.

Big questions for me today is is DO we break 9900 and make a final high for this rally, And If so will it attempt 10 K.


14.30******************

14.58*********************


15.21

15.25 / 15.30****************


16.18

16.55 / 58***********************

17.35

18.05

18.44

19.21 / 19.36*********************************

20.18/21

20.35

20.44
 

Peter

Active member
153 0
Re: Dow November 14th

Good start from the open at 14.30

60 points up and so far 50 points back down in 45 mins

Quickest 100 points ive made for a while


times almost spot on
Pete
 

dsmodi

Established member
509 2
Peter,
it seems u feel the DOW is now going to top-off for the remaining of the year? Have I understood correctly?

cheers
 
 
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock