Dow Jones times - November

You've started three threads today, instead of adding to the existing thread you started. Please use this thread for all these types of posts rather than keep starting new ones.

Thanks!

Appologies

Sorry ,

I wasnt familar with the club rules.

I note your comments

Thanks Pete

Skimbleshanks said:
You've started three threads today, instead of adding to the existing thread you started. Please use this thread for all these types of posts rather than keep starting new ones.

Thanks!

Dow Nov 24th ..Re: Dow Nov 14th

Hello T2win members

After the top made on the 14th , Im Now expecting that the low made friday could be a low for a few days.

Otherwise I expect a Last low monday

I just remembered this week is a holiday week on Thursday in the USA.

That Has just helped put my mind at ease, as I was suspecting the Dow to possibly rally for 4 days, BUT with there being a holiday
Chances are it will only be three , which is a lot better as i also
had 27th as a next date , 4 days rally did seem too many, if the mkt
should make an attempted pull back.

Having said that I still think if we have a clear break Fridays low,
Then Maybe Im wrong.

I EXPECT A VERY HIGH ODDS that the Market will Find a low first hour
on Monday.

I have lots of timing here to suggest the market will start going
up.Often mkts do rally into Holidays.

Pete

Peter said:
The Dow and Spx have held up today after an initial early sell of
from yesterdays top.

I think we have to now be careful if Nov 14th is a valid cycle date
as I personally am expecting.

We MAY NOT see the Dow make 10,000 as we seem that we are forming a triple top on both indexes.

9900 MAY yet prove to hold for some time if it can hold to the 17th.

I have a main time point around 2.30pm tommorrow with others hitting
as a cluster. I also have several others in on the 17th.

I do think as I mentioned earlier, that Fridays low could have been important at 9585.

As for today I also have some further good signals many of which will hit in the first 60 to 90 minutes today. The best looking ones are within the first hour.

Its Very difficult to give a price on this,BUT I would hope that fridays low will hold,

Emergency tatics That perhaps should always be stated, as NOTHING in this game is ever certain as we all Know !

If IT does break Id be looking at 9570 as my next target. If this breaks 9500 followed by 9480 to 9456 if the market should decide its going for a slide.

For me if 9585 should break Ill either look for strength on a later signal with a smaller stake, OR May short on a later signal if I feel its right to do so.

A safer bet will be to wait til after 15.05

Times I am watching with a few early possible signals.

I suspect that IF the market finds a low at either 14.44 OR 15.05 that this is the best time to expect it IF this fails my last bet would be 15.38 to 15.44

9.59 / 10.19

14.30 best guess a Low , BUT may be best to watch futures prior to open of cash mkt.

14.44********** (signal says a High) But May be an inverse.

15.05 low**********

15.25/15.30 / 15.38

17.01/17.07

Todays analysis worked very well so far, BUT the earlier overnight signals didnt make it that easy to stick with the times.

However on the cash mkt my lows worked quiet well.

PROBLEM NOW IS we hit the Dows 50%Retrace of the last 9900- 9585 range.

The mkt Moved UP MUCH quicker than I expected.

So I am NOT sure if we will sell off again and will head south and perhaps we wont see Highs into the Holidays, or does the mkt slp back then rebound.

If the TOP is IN based on a Good triple high and good timing, then its an ideal chance to take out further shorts.

IF mkts stronger then we could see new highs soon.

I took some profit at 9740. and MAY BUY some puts with profits for now.

Overall timing went better than i expected.

Pete

As for today I also have some further good signals many of which will hit in the first 60 to 90 minutes today. The best looking ones are within the first hour.

For me if 9585 should break Ill either look for strength on a later signal with a smaller stake, OR May short on a later signal if I feel its right to do so.

I suspect that IF the market finds a low at either 14.44 OR 15.05 that this is the best time to expect it IF this fails my last bet would be 15.38 to 15.44

9.59 / 10.19

14.30 best guess a Low , BUT may be best to watch futures prior to open of cash mkt.

15.05 low**********

15.25/15.30 / 15.38

17.01/17.07 [/B][/QUOTE]

Dow chart Nov 24th

Chart showing some of todays early times.

Many worked very well.

even though I wasnt sure which time would have been the low I indicated, there was a LOW in at 14.30 after the futures had fell lower into the cash open.

The 2nd low of the day came in at 14.44 and another entry around 15.00/15.05

Tomoorrow will be of great interest.

Pete

However on the cash mkt my lows worked quiet well.

PROBLEM NOW IS we hit the Dows 50%Retrace of the last 9900- 9585 range.

The mkt Moved UP MUCH quicker than I expected.

So I am NOT sure if we will sell off again and will head south and perhaps we wont see Highs into the Holidays, or does the mkt slp back then rebound.

If the TOP is IN based on a Good triple high and good timing, then its an ideal chance to take out further shorts.

IF mkts stronger then we could see new highs soon.

I took some profit at 9740. and MAY BUY some puts with profits for now.

Overall timing went better than i expected.

Pete

9.59 / 10.19

15.05 low**********

15.25/15.30 / 15.38

17.01/17.07 [/B][/QUOTE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• dow nov 24th 2003 time points.gif
    dow nov 24th 2003 time points.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 281
Hello fellow comrades,

From an American trader's prespective, I do see the dow hitting the 10000 mark in december. Showing some level of optimism for investors to jumping. However, i'm a bit sceptical on it's stability if there is more instability with iraq, china's devaluation of the yen, or if the export and import tariffs debate continues without coming to an amicable resolve. Investors, at the present, are on the sidelines despite the slow recovery of the market and the cleaning up of the fraudsters.

Cheers,

Ron

Tsk. From a Canadian traders' point of view, I feel I must completely disagree... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: (only kidding, couldnt resist)

Good morning,

The stats for this week are quite impressive and I wanted to share them with you. The chance of a higher close tomorrow is 75% while chance of a higher close on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is 82%. There is without doubt a bullish slant to the Thanksgiving holiday week.

I had a look at the bigger picture in the charts. In particular I looked at the 4-year US Presidential Cycle. In particular I looked at what happened in the 3rd year of that particular 4-year cycle. The data I had covered 19 occasions going back to 1927. In that time frame we had both bull and bear markets, and various kinds of political climate. The evidence is despite the various kinds of economic and social climate pretty conclusive. In 16 of the 19 occasions we saw higher prices into the end of the year, after a correction in October and November. That correction ranged from 6% to 12%.

In the years where we did not get a rally towards the end of the year was years where the trend was either straight down (1931), or prices were simply just trading sideways to higher. The conclusion, which of course is only statistics, is that we will not see a decline at all for the rest of the year. Basis this I will be surprised if we do not see Dow at 10,000 in December.

One caveat is if we see a big decline over the next week. If this is the case then the end-of-year rally would come from a lower base and it may not reach 10,000. The decline would then be fairly easy to play as it was in all the other years. It would be a straight trend line break, which would come in around 9550. We are seeing a strong uptrend but given the fact that we only corrected 3% in the Dow means that the potential is still there for a correction lower before the end-of-year rally materialises.

Moon For 25th November

MOON VOC: 1:57 AM, EST
Into Capricorn: 3:31 PM, EST
Conjunct Venus: 12:56 PM, EST
Sextile Uranus: 1:57 PM, EST

Moon Data for One Day
The following information is provided for New York, New York (longitude W73.9, latitude N40.7):

Tuesday

25 November 2003 Eastern Standard Time
Moonset 5:04 p.m. on preceding day
Moonrise 9:04 a.m.
Moon transit 1:33 p.m.
Moonset 6:00 p.m.
Moonrise 10:12 a.m. on following day

The following information is provided for Chicago, Cook County, Illinois (longitude W87.7, latitude N41.9):

Tuesday
25 November 2003 Central Standard Time

Moonrise 9:06 a.m.
Moon transit 1:31 p.m.
Moonset 5:53 p.m.
Moonrise 10:15 a.m. on following day

Cheers a320

THANKS sUNSEEKER FOR THE INFO.

INTERESTING FACTS

ALSO A 320 ( REMINDS ME OF A AIRCRAFT I USED TO WORK ON)

NICE TO SEE AN ASTROLGER ON T2WIN,

DIDNT REALISE WE HAD ONE.! IM NOT ONE BY THE WAY..

I SEEM TO HAVE SEVERAL LOWS SHOWING TODAY SUGGESTING ANOTHER UP DAY

14.51 AND 1700 MAY BE INTERESTING TODAY
18.18 TO 18.36/38 AND 19.35

THKS PETE