FTSE 100 February

well done. I was waiting to see what happend at 19 (trendline)
and it broke and by then it was near 30 so nothing for me. Too
slow.

btw, there was another plus in addition to my handful.

we bounced up from 1 day late yesterday.

probably got out too soon again, but that's how it goes.

yes

I have rather shot my bolt now though.

unless we sit on that old trend line, I am not sure I will get another up signal today.

on the other hand, if it starts to fall ..........
(I can count what looks like a 5)

my 5 and 10 have moved in to ob so will take a few hours but might get a reversal later once it has all settled down?

could that be 5 of 3 of c?

what I meant was I can count 5 from 4390 but it could also be 5th of 'C' .

it would also coincide with the fib at 4445

however, nothing to stop it extending higher.

I was long from yesterday so that was a very nice surprise start to the day. Like you Bonsai I'm out. Don't feel confident when it goes too far too fast.

Jean

mornin' all

since it was a good rise why aren't people trailing a close stop
rather than jumpimg ship (or is that how you closed)

You are quite right Barjon. I should have waited. I'm still inclined to panic when I have a good number of points in case we have a quick reversal.

Jean

morning Barjon. probably a personal thing. After a 35 UKX point risein 5 mins etc I would probably bank the profits if I was on the move. The same as 70+move in the dow. And its not even 9am.

especially as the Vod news hasnt actually been confirmed by anyone yet????

Hi everyone, I normally have a look at the dow , but am becoming more interested in the ftse. Is there any TA in particular that works with ftse, eg fib levels or rsi/macd,etcc
OR is it best to stick with price only.

Are there any particular times of the day I should watch out for for increased volatility or price movement

Thanks in advance

on your profile it says you are a day trader, so I assume that to mean you want to close at 16.30 every day.

T.A ?
nothing works most of the time but everything works some of the time

and once you are in, you are on your own. Most indicators are only entry mechanisms.

Patience is required and a comprehensive trading approach.

there you go, 3 pearls of wisdom for free !!

try an macd that suits and keeps close to the action.
often get 2 moves a day.
don't let the b astards throw you out with a false move at 1.30pm

any help ?

anmo...you lucky thing....it took me a year to get all that advice
out of Bonsai LOL

Thx bonsai

Is there a period when the ftse is usually not veyr active for example with thedow 5-7pm can be really slow at times due to lunch.

yes and no

haven't checked it statistically, but I have known the 'locals' and mm's to take advantage of 'the lunch break' to move the market while its thin.