FTSE 100 August 2004

Well!!! So much 4 that idea!!! :(

Just got out of bathroom after changing to clean u'wear ;)

Good call bracke & peter!

Last edited:
A minute silence for all those dear departed stoped out longs.

alliance

My decision to short was nothing to do with the non-farm figures, its a pure gamble if you try to pre-empt them as I learned to my cost last time. My trade was based on gap closure and ftse fall below 200dma. If non-farm figures had been ok ftse would have rallied but how far, oil is still a factor.

Are you out of your longs or holding on the basis of a reversal to minimize your losses.

Regards

bracke

Hi bracke:
Are you out of your longs or holding on the basis of a reversal to minimize your losses.
The latter :eek: tho that may not be 2day :(

oil is still a factor.
Oil is a double edged sword in the ftse bracke...I understand what ur saying, but it's GOOD news for Shell/BP and they are major players in the ftse. I guess my feeling is more on fundamentals, as I feel the oil majors and the potential bid for Barclays could move it back up again pretty swiftly next week. I can see the arguement for Peter's short term view tho.

As for quotes...there a a cpl of ways to do it....method I use:
1. hit reply
2. below original post, c+p only the words u want to quote
3. Highlight them
4. Whilst highlighted, click the "quote" icon (far right on post toolbar)
5. Delete original above :)

Hope that makes sense bracke...c'mon now, lets see u practice! :LOL:

alliance said:
Hi bracke:

The latter :eek: tho that may not be 2day :(

Oil is a double edged sword in the ftse bracke...I understand what ur saying, but it's GOOD news for Shell/BP and they are major players in the ftse. I guess my feeling is more on fundamentals, as I feel the oil majors and the potential bid for Barclays could move it back up again pretty swiftly next week. I can see the arguement for Peter's short term view tho.

As for quotes...there a a cpl of ways to do it....method I use:
1. hit reply
2. below original post, c+p only the words u want to quote
3. Highlight them
4. Whilst highlighted, click the "quote" icon (far right on post toolbar)
5. Delete original above :)

Hope that makes sense bracke...c'mon now, lets see u practice! :LOL:

Not in for a pleasant week end then, unless the weather is ok in Bonnie Scotland

Overall the oil price increases appear negative for the ftse as a whole

I took peter's view to be a longer one rather than a short one.

Hot and end of week, more detail required
Which reply, 'with quote' or 'post reply'

Regards

bracke

alliance said:
I know this is not the Dow thread, but where the Dow goes the ftse generally follows so..check this out chaps and chapesses!
http://www.polarpacific.com/Articles/Posts/dow.htm
Makes for some interesting reading!

I think you are severly taking the mickey

Dec 12 36000, more waves than Brighton Beach, and enough TA to turn an alliance to drink. You cannot be serious!

If you are looking at this type of thing the sooner you start that course the better.

Regards

bracke

I took peter's view to be a longer one rather than a short one.

from peter's post:
[
I]The present downleg will probably not meet serious resistance until just below 4300 again and could go much lower - with the normal intra-day (and possible 2-3 day bounces of course. Timeframe for that lot? 2-3 weeks ish.[/I

I think without a doubt we will go up with the US, in a bull market b4 the elections...hence I see that time frame as medium term. Long term to me would be this time next year ;)

Which reply, 'with quote' or 'post reply'

with quote :)

bracke said:
I think you are severly taking the mickey

Dec 12 36000, more waves than Brighton Beach, and enough TA to turn an alliance to drink. You cannot be serious!

If you are looking at this type of thing the sooner you start that course the better.

Regards

bracke

Rotflmao bracke: u shouldnt make me laugh like that when i have taken my incontinence pants off! :eek:

I said it was INTERESTING reading...not the holy grail..lol Btw, its not Dec 12th ..its Dec 2012!!! duh! Even so, how its gonna get from 6116 to 36,000 in 5 yrs is anyones guess! Its just a BIG TA from 1949-2012 :)

Anyway, thot u liked TA?... :LOL:

alliance said:
Rotflmao bracke: u shouldnt make me laugh like that when i have taken my incontinence pants off! :eek:

What is Rotflmao, Is it a Scots expletive ?

I said it was INTERESTING reading...not the holy grail..lol Btw, its not Dec 12th ..its Dec 2012!!! duh! Even so, how its gonna get from 6116 to 36,000 in 5 yrs is anyones guess!

That makes all the difference !!!!!!!

Its just a BIG TA from 1949-2012 :)
Anyway, thot u liked TA?... :LOL:

I like some TA but I don't consider fairy stories and crystal balls part of TA.

I hope this posts correctly as I have diligently followed your instructions.

Regards

bracke

bracke said:
Didn't post as it should, more practice required

Regards

bracke

Practice maked perfect Bracke...tho perhaps I am as good @ explaining how to post as I am @ trading! :eek:

ROTFLMAO= netspeak for rolling on the floor laughing my ass off = found ur comments very amusing, made me laugh a lot...much needed 2day so ty :)

Re course:
Not sure when it starts, sometime in September I think, awaiting further instruction. It is based on the training offered on his website www.insightsupport.com (saves me explaining a lot if u go look there bracke) and lasts for 8 weeks. Apparently 121 is based on personal communications via em@il / chat. Seems to cover many aspects, and I am very much looking fwd to it...espec as it is FOC :cheesy: Tho he has offered it to me via tw2 as FOC, I would be more than happy to pay IF my trading benefits from it.

Have a GR8 weekend all :)

alliance said:
Practice maked perfect Bracke...tho perhaps I am as good @ explaining how to post as I am @ trading! :eek:

ROTFLMAO= netspeak for rolling on the floor laughing my ass off = found ur comments very amusing, made me laugh a lot...much needed 2day so ty :)

Re course:
Not sure when it starts, sometime in September I think, awaiting further instruction. It is based on the training offered on his website www.insightsupport.com (saves me explaining a lot if u go look there bracke) and lasts for 8 weeks. Apparently 121 is based on personal communications via em@il / chat. Seems to cover many aspects, and I am very much looking fwd to it...espec as it is FOC :cheesy: Tho he has offered it to me via tw2 as FOC, I would be more than happy to pay IF my trading benefits from it.

Have a GR8 weekend all :)

Thanks for ROTFLMAO sounds like a whole new language, who knows it might even supercede Esperanto.

Looked at the link. You appear to be in for several weeks of learning and work, a case of kill or cure. It would be an entertaining turnround for alliance to be spouting all sorts of TA on this thread, think of all the esoteric debates you will be able to have.

FOC gives added enjoyment to the course as you have nothing to lose apart from your fundamentals and did you really want those anyway.

Your comment about being happy to pay is totally at odds with your Scots Heritage ( I presume that you are Scots and not from elsewhere ) Are not The Caledonians a thrifty bunch (Am I permitted to say that or is it considered geopolitically incorrect)

Hope your weekend is not too DOWnbeat ( sorry couldn't resist it )

Regards

bracke

Hi guys,

thought you might like a change from candlesticks - this is sharescope's new point & figure toy. It's set on high/low, not close.

Attachments

• ftsepf.gif
    ftsepf.gif
    21.1 KB · Views: 258
Thanks for ROTFLMAO sounds like a whole new language, who knows it might even supercede Esperanto
I think it and sms speak already have ;)

Looked at the link. You appear to be in for several weeks of learning and work, a case of kill or cure. It would be an entertaining turnround for alliance to be spouting all sorts of TA on this thread, think of all the esoteric debates you will be able to have.
Methinks I may have no time to post..lol

FOC gives added enjoyment to the course as you have nothing to lose apart from your fundamentals and did you really want those anyway.
They have their place bracke...NO..not in the bin!!! :p
Your comment about being happy to pay is totally at odds with your Scots Heritage ( I presume that you are Scots and not from elsewhere )
Correct..Scottish and proud to be so :D

Are not The Caledonians a thrifty bunch (Am I permitted to say that or is it considered geopolitically incorrect)
ah that old chestnut? Bad news bracke..it's a fallacy! A bit like the one about Englishmen being good lovers! :LOL:

Hope your weekend is not too DOWnbeat ( sorry couldn't resist it )
lmao bracke ..good one, but I never let mere money matters spoil my weekend..like the Oasis song...Don't Look Back in Anger.....

Lets see what this week has in store 4 us...........

barjon said:
Hi guys,

thought you might like a change from candlesticks - this is sharescope's new point & figure toy. It's set on high/low, not close.

Barjon:
Without wishing to appear any dumber than I have previously proven myself to be...what is the significance of the chart u posted? Can u explain what u glean from it pls?

(I have sharescope but so far use it only 4 ma's.)

TIA

alliance

knew someone would ask that :LOL:

I'm no PF expert but the last pullback (hasn't reversed yet since needs about 120 points) is the first time it's gone below the 45% trend line since March 03. Supposedly you should favour longs when it's above the line and shorts when it's below. Another O down will take it through earlier support and is supposed to signal a serious down move.

Best I can offer, perhaps a PF afficionado can give an interpretation?

Good trading.

jon

Hey ho - a new week.

Looking at where we are now and how quickly we got there, I reckon we're getting close to a bit of a bounce. Probably hit last Monday's low - or a bit lower first though.

I am still working on the premise that we are in a new downtrend from the April highs which will go a lot lower - say 4,000ish before we see another 100+ upmove. Any bounce from around here should retrace to say 4330-50 before turning down sharply again - my opinion for what it's worth.

I covered my shorts a bit early today it seems (at 4310ish) but will wait for the expected bounce before going in again. Right now I don't intend to get caught long.

Good Afternoon All

Yes I am somewhat late in the day and no alliance I have not just got up.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, guess what, the opening gap from 4325 on the 28/07 has now been filled and so have I. barjon are you paying attention ( now where did I get that from ?).

alliance

"ah that old chestnut? Bad news bracke..it's a fallacy! A bit like the one about Englishmen being good lovers! "

I didn't know about that one, what have I been missing all these years.

Regards

bracke

I see from the events calendar that tomorrow Mr Greenspan informs us if he is going to put up interest rates.

Whatever he does the markets could see as good or bad so I will not be placing any trades until the result is known.

How much of the recent fall in the US is due to genuine concern about the state of the economy and how much due to manipulating the markets down to levels to induce selling so that buying can occur at low levels and then push the prices up. I don't know the answer to this one but I will be keeping a very close watch in the hope of adding to the bracke coffers.

Regards

bracke