Monthly Thread: August 2004

ok, done for today.

For tomorrow I am looking to buy EURUSD in 1.2270-1.2300 area if it gets there.

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi all.

well euro is trading at 1.2320 right now, but for now no trades. Lets go past the CPI new first. I will post in case I trade.

good luck!

ok, we are now trading at around 1.2300. Already been to as low as 1.2297. Some buying is coming from 1.2300 area for now. Lets see how it handles 1.23. I am willing to see 1.2270-1.2300 range... but my will is my will. Lets see how it goes... if not, buying on bounce from 1.23 may also be an option. First lets see how it behaves.

Attachments

• eurusd1860.gif
    eurusd1860.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 222
Hi Everyone!

Little comment, because I see mixed picture for now.

EURUSD: On daily charts, we have a possible (?) formation very alike with Head and Shoulders. In such situations we have to be careful. H&S formation is a reversal pattern which is best when coming after a trend, buy in this case we cannot say we have this situation. And so, in my opinion it makes the situation even more complicated. Similar pictures may be seen on Cable and Swissy. I am sidelined for tomorrow, and will look at how the market acts. Will update tomorrow on my thoughts.

Good Luck!

Rezo Shmertz

Attachments

• eurusd18d.gif
    eurusd18d.gif
    46.7 KB · Views: 229
Good Morning Everyone!

For today:

looking to sell EURUSD or GBPUSD.

I will be posting here my trade once/if I enter these trades. On EURUSD I am looking at stop loss about 30 pips.

Attachments

• eurusd244.gif
    eurusd244.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 178
Very interesting situation is happening with GBPUSD. We have same formation that I showed on Sunday on Euro, but this one is closer to breaking the neck line. This may set a new downside movement. The neck line would be considered broken below 1.8000, which is also a round figure. Just yesterday have we broken the 200 day MA, and this is also a sign that further weakness may follow.

Good Luck!

Rezo

Attachments

• gbpusd24d.gif
    gbpusd24d.gif
    37 KB · Views: 262
Hello Everyone. For the coming days:

EURUSD:

As we see, Euro is trying to break down a reversal pattern head and shoulders. Even though this figure doesn't appear after a bullish market where it would be a good reversal pattern, it is still better than nothing.
Right now we are standing at 1.2000 which is a round number, and may provide some resistance. Afterwards we have the 1.1950/70 area which we should see braking down to start talking about retest of this year lows below 1.18.
Strategy: try to sell around 1.2100/20 with stop above 1.2170/80, moving stop to zero on +30, closing half on +50 and targeting the rest for 1.1800. I will post once/if I enter.

Attachments

• eurusd29.gif
    eurusd29.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 173
GBPUSD:

We already have a break of similar formation on GBP, which seems to be slightly ahead of EUR movement.
Strategy: will try to sell on move towards 1.8050/70 with stop above 1.8100.
moving stop to entry on +30,
covering half on +50, and keeping the rest for 1.7700.

Attachments

• gbp29.gif
    gbp29.gif
    11.2 KB · Views: 193
AUDUSD:

Currently trying to break the support line on daily chart.

Attachments

• aud29.gif
    aud29.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 215
Lets zoom in to 60 min chart:

We see that on Thursday we had a move below the 7030, but then we retraced and on Friday closed below the very same 0.7030. But since the move on Friday was in late US trading hours, I say lets wait for European opening on Monday, and maybe I will try to sell on move towards 7040. Will update on this one as well.

Attachments

• aud2060.gif
    aud2060.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 276
And the last but not the least - EURJPY:

We have a clear bounce from the upper levels, confirmed by a small break of the inner line at 133.20. This pair should target 130.00/30 next (June low), followed by targeting the main line of the triangle.
Will try to sell on move towards 133.00 with stop above 133.40.

Attachments

• ejpy29.gif
    ejpy29.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 254
I will be taking only one position of those that I mentioned, because I dont take more that that at this point. I will post here once we get any interesting action.

Have a great week everyone!

Rezo

Euro stopped,

covered 100k GBP at 1.7759 and moving the stop on the remaining 100k to entry point.

Target next week for remaining position is 1.7600. Will start trailing the profit on Monday.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Rezo