• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

FTMO vs Darwinex

FXforfun

Yes, I know probably this shouldn't be a new thread because there are some discussions here and there about FTMO, even on Trade2Win I think there's an specific thread already. So my excuses in advance if the moderators don't consider appropiate this post. I'm willing to delete it if necessary (if this works that way).

However! I would like to discuss it here from the Darwinex perspective because I'm seeing here and there that some Darwinex users are migrating to FTMO. Is it something to be taking in serious consideration?
I have looked at FTMO and the music really sounds well. Too nice to be true??

On the other side the traders who have migrated to FTMO are traders that didn't succed with his/her Darwin, at least the ones that I am aware of. No offense but if your Darwin sucks in Darwinex, eventually will suck on FTMO, IC Markets or eToro. There's no point to blame the broker.
Maybe some successful Darwins still exist in Darwinex and are also working in FTMO. That would be great to compare results on both platforms! Do you know a case like that?

On the other hand, Darwinex looks more transparent. I mean, can I check on any FTMO strategy or just when the trader wants to post his/her results? Because if it's the last one it's 100% sure that FTMO will be a paradise for the trader. Very rarely a trader is brave enough to show his failures.

Well, I'm wondering if FTMO is just a fade or there's something serious we shouldn't miss.

I take advantage of this thread to say that FTMO is just a program made to pluck chickens, I don't know the first winner yet, and if there is one it will be one in a thousand. It has nothing to do with darwinex which seems to me a transparent broker.

Well, I'm wondering if FTMO is just a fade or there's something serious we shouldn't miss.

I was asking myself the same question. I don't remember who answer that to me : Prop Trading Firms exist since decades! It's just the online model thanks to internet who just born.

EDIT: Probably just born since the first lockdown (March 2020).

Last edited:
There was a recent documentary called "Instatraders" on the BBC. It was mostly about IM Academy, but there was a section about FTMO in the latter part. Worth a watch if you have access to the BBC iPlayer (catch up TV).
Note: This may only be available to UK residents.
Here's the direct link to the programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09pym51

On the other side the traders who have migrated to FTMO are traders that didn't succed with his/her Darwin, at least the ones that I am aware of. No offense but if your Darwin sucks in Darwinex, eventually will suck on FTMO, IC Markets or eToro. There's no point to blame the broker.
The facts prove the opposite. I don't really know why. Probably because a trader earn more and faster with the Prop Firm Model and that push him to be better. That's the only explanation i have for now. It will be interesting to see what's next.

There was a recent documentary called "Instatraders" on the BBC. It was mostly about IM Academy, but there was a section about FTMO in the latter part. Worth a watch if you have access to the BBC iPlayer (catch up TV).
Note: This may only be available to UK residents.
Here's the direct link to the programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09pym51
I can't read it ! Could you please describe what they say about it ?

hi FXforfun,

Good opening post.
I think one component to consider is the trading restrictions that each provide.
FTMO have clear rules of Drawdown, keeping trades over the weekend, etc.
Does Darwinex have similar stipulations, that may restrict any specific trading style?

The other thing is that FTMO traders trade for themselves, and are beholden to just FTMO, whereas Darwinexs get funding from others based on their performance.
An underperforming darwinex, based on some metric, may have investors withdraw their patronage; as I understand it.

With regards to FTMO, one of my issues is when traders get the spotlight on them, FTMO do not mention their performance since they began, nor after the spotlight has been turned off.
I would rather see a multi-month picture, rather than just a lucky month when they excelled.
There is no knowing if the star of one month is the meteorite crater of the next.

Looking forward to some good insights here, as there is a good darwinex contingent here.

I would rather see a multi-month picture, rather than just a lucky month when they excelled.
There is no knowing if the star of one month is the meteorite crater of the next.
Well said.

What we know is that currently there is 6000 FTMO funded traders and 3000 MFF funded traders (in only 1 year for that Firm). How many traders are funded by Darwinex ?

FTMO "funds" traders with demo money exactlky like Darwinex "funds" the demo money of Darwinia.
Darwins "funded" by Darwinia are ~500 .
What is really important is not being funded but to make real withdrawable money.
If you have a short trackrecord the probability to make money with Darwinia is ZERO.
For example in a specific case like @TrungLN he was right to go with FTMO.
What really makes the difference is who is living from FTMO?

Last edited:
don't know the first winner yet, and if there is one it will be one in a thousand.
I agree with you but the rate of winners could be tha same also for Darwinex.
We have some winners here and I am one of them (21k in hall of fame) but we are few.
How many traders traded live money on Darwinex in 5 years?
I think that for every public darwin ther are at least 5 losing accounts that were never turned into darwins.

I think one component to consider is the trading restrictions that each provide.
FTMO have clear rules of Drawdown, keeping trades over the weekend, etc.
Does Darwinex have similar stipulations, that may restrict any specific trading style?
Darwinex doesn't need these rules, they developed a rating system to penalyze shit trading and gambling.

These are all businesses at the end of the day. Businesses by their nature are not transparent. If they were, then the competition would always have the advantage.

These are all businesses at the end of the day. Businesses by their nature are not transparent. If they were, then the competition would always have the advantage.
True, but I still think they are misleading people.
From the main page of the Website:

1628430434557.png

The above clarifies what they are doing. There is no real money or trading involved.

1628430684749.png

But this one is disingenuous. Which losses would those be? There aren't any with demo accounts.
They are just cutting pay-outs by 30%

I heard they copy profitable traders on real account and they reverse-copy losing traders, like some brokers do. We can also do it by using a reverse-copier :

2021-08-08.png

They simply took the risk by doing it. Now, i understand this system, i'm angry i didn't think about it before. Haha, very smart.

True, but I still think they are misleading people.
From the main page of the Website:

View attachment 304206

The above clarifies what they are doing. There is no real money or trading involved.

View attachment 304207

But this one is disingenuous. Which losses would those be? There aren't any with demo accounts.
They are just cutting pay-outs by 30%

All covered by the BBC Instatraders documentary.

With regards to FTMO, one of my issues is when traders get the spotlight on them, FTMO do not mention their performance since they began, nor after the spotlight has been turned off.
My opinion about that is that even if the spotlight isn't so good for the trader, the fact is that after earning $76 000 for that one last week :

Even if from now, he violates the FTMO rules and lost his account, he has enough money to purchase 76 Challenges for the 200k account. So, one in the other, everybody win and he will probably trade with no fear from now.

I heard they copy profitable traders on real account and they reverse-copy losing traders, like some brokers do. We can also do it by using a reverse-copier :

View attachment 304213

They simply took the risk by doing it. Now, i understand this system, i'm angry i didn't think about it before. Haha, very smart.
Why would they bother to do that? That would be taking on risk.
Their current business model probably makes lots of money with very little risk.
They are running a business, not gambling.