ForexMorningTrade System

Hi there

Anyone that uses SLM in the UK have a problem using the EA this morning?

I believe they are having an issue with there platform and I recieved an error 133 message?

Just want to make sure it is nothing to do with the setting on the EA

I have spoke to them but thet are priotising people with open positions at the moment

Regards

Stats for 04-01-2011

Live Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP
6:30 UK Time, FXSolutions..., No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 11-08-2010: Total= +174.0
6:30 UK Time, IBFX.........., No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 01-04-2011: Total= +377.1
6:30 UK Time, PFG Best......, No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 03-01-2011: Total= +190.5

Demo Accounts:

FMT 4.3, EA standard settings: 40 SL, 20 BE, 35 TP
6:30 UK Time, PFG Best......, Server Down...., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +464.2
6:30 UK Time, FXCM.........., No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +496.7
6:30 UK Time, Alpari(US)...., No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +457.9
6:30 UK Time, FXDD.........., No Trade......., 0.0, Stats since 02-01-2011: Total= +381.8

Notes:

All pip totals include slippage
FXSolutions is the only dealing desk broker

Comments:

PFG Best demo server was down again for the 3rd time at 6:00 UK time and came back up 2 hours and 45 minutes later.
Will have to cancel the PFG Best demo. The numbers are getting messed up.
It stops working just before the 6:30 UK trading time.

Hi there

I believe they are having an issue with there platform and I recieved an error 133 message?

I have spoke to them but thet are priotising people with open positions at the moment

Regards

Yes Lee, I have spoken with them and it was a data feed to them! Not very reasuring, especially as I think that the demo accounts were hit with a similar problem yesterday. It has came back today and gone off again now! I am monitoring in Alpari for now. Chris

30tp by sheer fluke, having opened 06.30 at 1.6123 on a short

I dont know where this trade is going to next, anything could happen. Price is above 63 hour EMA which I usually see as a bullish sign

Hi there

Regards
Hi,
My first morning using SLM on demo only, but platform freezing intermittently,missed BE.Thought it may be an issue at my end glad to hear otherwise.
Regards

Hi,
My first morning using SLM on demo only, but platform freezing intermittently,missed BE.Thought it may be an issue at my end glad to hear otherwise.
Regards

My SLM demo doing the same - hope they sort it, I was planning to open a live account with them soon.

30tp by sheer fluke, having opened 06.30 at 1.6123 on a short

I dont know where this trade is going to next, anything could happen. Price is above 63 hour EMA which I usually see as a bullish sign

Thought you were a 40 a day man!

Looking at it now I'm happy my BE has been hit.

with 3 pip spread your trade has to go to 38 for tp and 43 for sl.

Price would have to move against you by 37 pips, not 43

On another point, I see that there is some confusion about BE

When some people's trade goes 20 pips in profit, they say that they have hit BE when they should be saying that they have set their stop to BE.
I, along with many would understand that this means that the trade has hit the stop and that they have exited the trade at BE

Thought you were a 40 a day man!

Looking at it now I'm happy my BE has been hit.

Yes I usually am but I broke my own rules for the reason I found the entry signals of FMT contradictory with other indicators and so I reduced the TP.

What you often get on a day like this is a spike when yesterday's low is breached, generally an extra 10/15 pips, that's perhaps why once it went to about 1.6108 it lost another 20 in a few moments, lots of stop losses got enacted and there was a fair sort out to the long holders. I still think the general direction is up

Last edited:
Out at BE with Go Markets using standard settings. Still no profitable trade for the month of April yet!