ForexMorningTrade System

Anyone else get that sinking feeling that we just got swindled? I wonder if the banks are onto FMT?

Hi, on alpari UK (demo) the SL (-40) is still OK and the trade is running... I don't know why i'm still in, and other on alpari are out = /

edit: entry at 1.6153 (SL -40 TP +35 / hidden SL -55 hidden TP +55)

Xbourse as i understand it your 'Hidden SL' is the actual one you trade with. If that is set at -55pips that would explain why you are still in. Chris

I'm still in, my entries:

- 1.61519 48SL
- 1.61516 49SL

+10 pips currently.

Let's see how it ends.

Yes, DesertEagle settings might be ok, have to wait and see.

Results from other settings

FIRSTLY FROM THE LAST 50 TRADES, which span Christmas holiday

New FMT -60
Old FMT zero
10/40 +250
28/40 -164

(Deserteagle is -28 plus today's result)
THE LAST 100 TRADES

New FMT +635
Old FMT +720
10/40 +700
28/40 +556
(Deserteagle is +701 plus today's result)

E&OE

The "Forex gods" are not smiling on us this week I'm afraid. My account is back to where I started when I went live a week ago. Up by £20:mad:

Last edited:
If this continues, we may have to do the reverse until G/U plays right again.
Oh believe me the Banks will do anything to strip you of your money.

Does anyone here use Gekko Spreads? They have recently changed their order ticket, and while they were at it, they altered the closest stop distance. I used to be able to put a stop at 10 pips away, now I can only place it at 20 pips or more. I can place another (opposite) order to close, but I'm sure this means another loss of spreads.
Can anyone explain this?

Chris

Xbourse as i understand it your 'Hidden SL' is the actual one you trade with. If that is set at -55pips that would explain why you are still in. Chris

ok, now i'm OUT with -40pips at 10h35 (GMT +1)

@Shoot2scoot : I think I trade with the REAL stoploss, the Hidden SL is just for the broker when you activate your trade.

Sorry, my previous message was wrong, my Hidden level (the real one for me) were SL -40 and TP +35.
For the broker -55 and +55

by the way how many consecutive losses were found in backtesting. I need to look at that data.... will help more for good MM.....

Based on my backtesting over 2009 & 2010, if you didn't trade the end of December and beginning of January then both years had a couple of instances up to three consecutive losses. However there was an instance of four consecutive losses in late December last year. I'm just wondering if the situation in Libya has got anything to do with our bad run ATM. However if it is limited to three consecutive losses then based on history we've been there done that and have survived with a long term profitable system. So keep your chins up fellow traders and we shall al get rich together.

Originally Posted by sunny12
by the way how many consecutive losses were found in backtesting. I need to look at that data.... will help more for good MM.....

Based on my backtesting over 2009 & 2010, if you didn't trade the end of December and beginning of January then both years had a couple of instances up to three consecutive losses. However there was an instance of four consecutive losses in late December last year. I'm just wondering if the situation in Libya has got anything to do with our bad run ATM. However if it is limited to three consecutive losses then based on history we've been there done that and have survived with a long term profitable system. So keep your chins up fellow traders and we shall al get rich together.

This obsession with consecutive losses comes up so many times. Losses are losses and it makes no difference if they are consecutive or not in a series of trades. The only important thing is the win to loss ratio. If you have 4 losses out of 10 trades, the results are exactly the same whether the losses were consecutive or random.
The only thing that a losing run of 3 or 4 trades will affect is the physchoclogical well being of the trader. If it does, then you are not ready to trade live! Go back to a demo account until you are able to handle losing periods.

I have seen a lot of :mad: Grrrrr etc in the recent posts. Anybody who puts :mad: or Grrrr into their posts because of 2 losing trades after a brilliant successful run should be questioning themselves whether they really should be trading.

FMT for me today:

the worst that could happen, just happened..

sell trade hit SL on both start times, both brokers.

there will be better days ahead ... :)

This obsession with consecutive losses comes up so many times. Losses are losses and it makes no difference if they are consecutive or not in a series of trades. The only important thing is the win to loss ratio. If you have 4 losses out of 10 trades, the results are exactly the same whether the losses were consecutive or random.
The only thing that a losing run of 3 or 4 trades will affect is the physchoclogical well being of the trader. If it does, then you are not ready to trade live! Go back to a demo account until you are able to handle losing periods.

I have seen a lot of :mad: Grrrrr etc in the recent posts. Anybody who puts :mad: or Grrrr into their posts because of 2 losing trades after a brilliant successful run should be questioning themselves whether they really should be trading.

Perhaps some traders are using some martingale after losses, so thus the obsession with consecutive losses ?..:confused: that's all I can think of..:D

cheers !..:)

Just a question, do you need to use this option when trading with FMT (here on Alpari UK)

requote.jpg

Thanks

It's optional. If you use it, by increasing the size of the deviation you reduce the chance of a sudden spike/move missing your SL or TP. The down side is that it potentially gives your broker an excuse to snaffle a few extra points here and there?

Chris

Does anyone here use Gekko Spreads? They have recently changed their order ticket, and while they were at it, they altered the closest stop distance. I used to be able to put a stop at 10 pips away, now I can only place it at 20 pips or more. I can place another (opposite) order to close, but I'm sure this means another loss of spreads.
Can anyone explain this?

Chris, can't help with Gekko but I know several brokers that alter their minimum stops during volatile periods, NFP, etc, where it does go up to 20 pips? I would check direct with Gekko in case there is a way around it and give them your feedback at the same time? Chris

It might be handy to look at the following:

34 Trades, 1 January 2010 to 9 March 2010.
21 were winners at 40TP/40SL, (13 lost) giving 320 pips gain

36 Trades, 1 January 2011 to 9 March 2011
21 were winners (15 lost), giving 240 pips net gain with same settings

We are lagging by about 80 pips at the present time, but this is hardly a difference of statistical significance. However it would be great if the % of winning trades rose slightly as it is currently dipping below its long term average - same comments tend to apply whatever exit settings you adopt.