ForexMorningTrade System

ok this is weird --- had two SELLS today - standard settings...luckily both hit TP... phew... can't imagine it they had gone south. not sure what to make out of it...I am running it on a VPS...will check with Marc Later.

Attachments

• fmt - double trs.bmp
    287.9 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Kgk

I had the same problem a week ago - The problem was I had one on VPS and was watching the other with same broker on my home PC - So of course with 2 open you will get 2 trades - That's maybe what happened to you without realizing it.:smart:

Good morning all. My first post and my first trade today. Go Markets at 08:30 platform time, +35

Trading author's settings, 2% on live acct

Oh thats's great to start with a win! And yes it's safest to stay with the recommendations, and to just do the same thing without frequent changes. Good luck, stay with it and don't act on impulse or intuition, this thing is well capable of being right more often than it's wrong.

FMT for me this morning :

6:15 start, sell trade hit TP on both brokers, +30, +31 pips.
6:30 start, sell trade hit BE on both brokers, 0 pips

total today, +61 pips.. :)

good luck tomorrow !

Kgk

I had the same problem a week ago - The problem was I had one on VPS and was watching the other with same broker on my home PC - So of course with 2 open you will get 2 trades - That's maybe what happened to you without realizing it.
smart.gif

Lol, that has happened to me as well once a while back!

ok this is weird --- had two SELLS today - standard settings...luckily both hit TP... phew... can't imagine it they had gone south. not sure what to make out of it...I am running it on a VPS...will check with Marc Later.

Make sure the VPS does not have a second session open. Had an issue with double trades due to two identical sessions.

Guys,

I was doing backtesting on MT4 and it seems that data from May4 2010 to July 2010 is missing on all the diff brokers (alpari , fxdd ....) both on demo and live on my pc. I tried to download from history menu again but no diff at all.

Can you please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Make sure the VPS does not have a second session open. Had an issue with double trades due to two identical sessions.

Use Task Manager to detect a second running screen.

just by curiosity,what are the requirement for a VPS running MT4 ?
How much does it cost ?
Are you "happy" with this system FMT + VPS ?
thanks

Thanks to everyone for their input/feedback. Truly feels nice to interact with people with good intentions and wanting to help. Cheers

just by curiosity,what are the requirement for a VPS running MT4 ?
How much does it cost ?
Are you "happy" with this system FMT + VPS ?
thanks

Hi Xbourse

Requirements - Windows based VPS

Getting VPS is entirely up to you, if you have to get ready for work or make your way to work depending where you are in our small world and miss trades due to commitments, or asleep, then I would say it is brilliant. Get it. If you are lucky enough to be able to sit the trade out at home then no.

The costs vary but I suggest you get the one Mark recommends in the manual. Costs $30 per month which is a small fee for peace of mind.

FMT itself is a good system and you need to trade it daily and not switch off after a couple of losses, the wins eventually outweigh the losses. so consistency is key to FMT making money for you.:smart:

Last edited:
I was previously on a VPS and did like it. I changed brokers and I am not on one now. It is nice but since we are in and out of the trades in a short period of time it is not necessary for me.

Got stopped at b/e!
For some reason I decided to switch to original settings of 40/40 (but still kept the 20 b/e). But get this...
Trading with IG index, shorted @ 16162.5 with limit of 16122.5.
Price hit 16121.6 but due to 2-3 point spread from IG, target wasn't hit!.Ouch!! Price then retraced to take out my b/e stop which I moved manually.
Am in the process of opening a SML account and can't wait.

I hear so many bad reports about IG! I have to wonder why they are still popular. I closed my IG account and use Oanda, SLM and AVAFx for MT4 and Cap Spreads and Oanda FXTrade for manual trades.

Hello Folks,

No trades since 3/7/2011 for me. After installing Turbo MT over the standard version with all appearing normal with default settings, trade start and stop was updated to 8:30 am which is +2 UK time since broker is FinFX ( Finland ). This EA is running on a VPS.
Any thoughts on what the issue may be? Should this time be changed to 8:00 am?

happy trading..

Guys,

I was doing backtesting on MT4 and it seems that data from May4 2010 to July 2010 is missing on all the diff brokers (alpari , fxdd ....) both on demo and live on my pc. I tried to download from history menu again but no diff at all.

Can you please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks

Hey, try the MT4 of Alpari NZ, it should not have the gaps of Alpri UK and others.
If that is not enough, see this link:
http://eareview.net/tick-data

Regards

Hi Guys ( Bit of Reading whilst we trade this morning)

I was working of my trading plan last night under the section of money management on a template I'm using, and was struck by a part of it that really gave me food for thought and I wish to share the underlying question with the seasoned traders of FMT (those who have been trading it for a few months plus) as it would be great to hear what your thoughts are. The question is not aimed at scaring anyone but needs to be taken into consideration on any trading strategy in case things go wrong.

The question is this:

AT WHAT STAGE WOULD YOU CONSIDER THAT YOUR STRATEGY IS NO LONGER PROFITABLE AND WOULD NEED REVIEWING ?

This is a simple question and I am struggling to think of how bad things need to get with FMT before we realize that underlying factors and not the system itself are to blame. Eg Soaring oil prices, tension in the Middle East that could cause the GBP/USD pair to trade erratically.

Do we lose -10% of our account in one month, or have 10 losing trades in a row, or have 3 losing months in a row, or wait for Mark to email us that things are not normal?

Where do we define that things are going so wrong and that we need to cease trading ?

I pray to God it never happens and that we prosper going forward, the past 2 years of Marks journal proves FMT is profitable beyond reasonable doubt.

Your feedback would make for interesting discussion.

Regards
Podberry:smart:

Last edited:
Hi Guys ( Bit of Reading whilst we trade this morning)

I was working of my trading plan last night under the section of money management on a template I'm using, and was struck by a part of it that really gave me food for thought and I wish to share the underlying question with the seasoned traders of FMT (those who have been trading it for a few months plus) as it would be great to hear what your thoughts are. The question is not aimed at scaring anyone but needs to be taken into consideration on any trading strategy in case things go wrong.

The question is this:

AT WHAT STAGE WOULD YOU CONSIDER THAT YOUR STRATEGY IS NO LONGER PROFITABLE AND WOULD NEED REVIEWING ?

This is a simple question and I am struggling to think of how bad things need to get with FMT before we realize that underlying factors and not the system itself are to blame. Eg Soaring oil prices, tension in the Middle East that could cause the GBP/USD pair to trade erratically.

Do we lose -10% of our account in one month, or have 10 losing trades in a row, or have 3 losing months in a row, or wait for Mark to email us that things are not normal?

Where do we define that things are going so wrong and that we need to cease trading ?

I pray to God it never happens and that we prosper going forward, the past 2 years of Marks journal proves FMT is profitable beyond reasonable doubt.

Your feedback would make for interesting discussion.

Regards
Podberry:smart:

Hi Podberry,

I don't think there's any real way of knowing that a really bad period isn't about to turn around, but you can make an informed guess if you put the profit and losses through a statistical analysis to get the distribution of various statistics for the period length that you think is important, e.g. 2 months - what is the average drawdown over any 2 month period and the standard deviation (the standard deviation is the range on either side of the average within which 90% of results lie - roughly speaking)

When it goes beyond that, then you know it's bad. When it makes a new record, then you know it's really bad, but then you also know that the system's worst results (and best of course) are always going to be in the future, if you run it long enough and given that it's not curve fitted.

Sounds like you may have closed a chart with the EA attached. It's best to start from scratch. Remove the EA from your chart and then close your platform. Next You delete all the charts from your <Metatrader directory>/profiles folder, that should delete also the attached EAs.

This should take care of the double trade issue.