ForexMorningTrade System

Hi Remraf,
Your trailing stop idea.....I used to follow a system that had a very effective trailing stop. The only problem was, 'most' of the time (probably 75%) it was stopped out . It seemed however you tried to get those very obvious extra pips, you had to lose out somewhere else . Either having the extra position lose the full initial stop, or (say with a 20pip trail), you'd often lose those 20 pips, from the first target. I am looking at an approach where the first target has most ,say 80% ,of the full position. The rest is more or less left to do its own thing, with a very loose stop. If it goes back and takes out the initial stop, (or break even), the damage isn't too serious. But trailing with a loose stop it may go on to make 200 + pips - especially if the trade is with the daily trend.
You just have to have a small % ( ie so you can sleep at night!) second position, which of course means you won't generally make the same £ amount as the first position. But if it goes your way.....
I read about this , I think it was the DIBS method, where the perpetrator would take positions based on an hourly inside bar, take 1/2 off at 1 to 1, and let the rest do its own thing. He claimed to be very successful at this. The losses were frequent, but the 'long runner' would make up for this. (I don't think many could trade this way though! Thus my small second position.)
Just my thoughts, I'd like to hear others..

Chris

Hi all, I have just purchased FMT and I am looking forward to trading this system.

I have a couple of questions:

What is the strategy re GBPUSD news announcements within a certain timeframe of the 0630hrs trade

What is the strategy re bank holidays

I would like to say that I have read through all the posts in this thread and can see that this system works well, with hardly any tweaking, all the input is truly refreshing

Many thanks

Chris

Problem fixed...somehow I openned 2 live accounts and my initial funding went to the account I didn't know about. Anyway, I am funded, account and FMT EA is loaded and my first live trade will be tonight.

Let the compounding begin....

Hi all, I have just purchased FMT and I am looking forward to trading this system.

I have a couple of questions:

What is the strategy re GBPUSD news announcements within a certain timeframe of the 0630hrs trade

What is the strategy re bank holidays

I would like to say that I have read through all the posts in this thread and can see that this system works well, with hardly any tweaking, all the input is truly refreshing

Many thanks

Chris

I don't trade on bank holidays, there was a loss on Thanksgiving, and Christmas most of us shut it down for about 3-5 weeks. I think mostly everyone trades irregardless of the news, though I don't know if that's a good thing or not. There seem to be a lot of critical news announcements around our trading time.

Problem fixed...somehow I openned 2 live accounts and my initial funding went to the account I didn't know about. Anyway, I am funded, account and FMT EA is loaded and my first live trade will be tonight.

Let the compounding begin....

Good Luck!

In long with Gekko (UK). My backtests show longs to be less reliable ( so I reduce stake) , and Gekko have just changed their ticket layout, and I can't alter stop online. No more sleep for me!

Taken out for BE on Gekko. I'm cautious (wimp?) and trade ST 48 TP 28 BE 10. It works for me. (PS I favour shorts.) I'd rather be out of the trade at BE than risk a loss. I'm in favour of a PF > 2.

With the benefit of hindsight - (post trade) - I took a look at GBPUSD - hourly - its a battlefield - you can smell the blood - and then the EURUSD daily -right on a 'support' line. We're in the killing fields right here.

I suggest you try using TMT. The only reason I switched to TMT is about its Filter. Till now, it saved me 3 times, include the bad trade today. Today it is a very clear buy signal for any broker, but TMT said no trade. I noticed that ihelfman said there was no trade Alpari US. I believe that he's using TMT

Last edited:
Clue - big day (also 'range' bar - small wicks -very bearish) 'yesterday' -(Friday) -also beware BIG numbers 1.6000 -the big boys get involved - eat up small fry - sorry to ramble.......keep the faith...

Taken out for BE on Gekko. I'm cautious (wimp?) and trade ST 48 TP 28 BE 10. It works for me. (PS I favour shorts.) I'd rather be out of the trade at BE than risk a loss. I'm in favour of a PF > 2.

I'd rather have breakeven than risk a loss, u mean profit.

Why do u trade if u cannot accept risk. A breakeven of 10 will lower your losses and your profits.

Seriously, why trade?

FTM

I suggest you try using TMT. The only reason I switched to TMT is about its Filter. Till now, it saved me 3 times, include the bad trade today. Today it is a very clear buy signal for any broker, but TMT said no trade. I noticed that ihelfman said there was no trade Alpari US. I believe that he's using TMT

TMT saved my bacon, too!:cool:

Wise, indeed, harami (bullish according to some) forming on hourly. Cobber - why trade?? Good question. Do banks, or brokers try to make 10, 20 or 40 pips?? No.. they just make money..Simples..I'm happy with my back tests.. I'm out at break even frequently.. when I make my 28 pips (thanks Wise) - the world is good...(OK if you want detail - just trade shorts - 10 months with my strategy - 2 losses to 48pips -oh something like 60 wins - 30 BE - PF through the roof - forget Xmas - )
Then just keep the faith with your own strategy !! Next plan - Gekko allowing - is my trail stop -following 'daily trend' ( 10 - 20%) kept alive till death at 21 EMA, or sleep stops. (So much accumulated on tiny position, I can't sleep- ie excess of 200 pips....)
The lunatic is in my head..........

Thanks Mark!