ForexMorningTrade System

OK Guys....

I am new to Forex, but I have been running demos and reading this entire thread from start to finish. I have funded my account with Alpari-US.

I will be peppering this thread with questions over the next few months....

First Question: I have funded and received confirmation for Alpari-US. But when I login to MT4 under my live account number, it still shows a ZERO balance, and not what I deposited. Should I uninstall MT4, then reinstall? Is there a way to "update" MT4?

Thanks

OK Guys....

I am new to Forex, but I have been running demos and reading this entire thread from start to finish. I have funded my account with Alpari-US.

I will be peppering this thread with questions over the next few months....

First Question: I have funded and received confirmation for Alpari-US. But when I login to MT4 under my live account number, it still shows a ZERO balance, and not what I deposited. Should I uninstall MT4, then reinstall? Is there a way to "update" MT4?

Thanks

All I can think of is that your account hasn't been credited yet. MT4 doesn't need to be reinstalled or updated. Once the money is credited, it will show in the platform.

Thanks

Yeah, something is up. They sent me an email with one Account number for MT4, but then when I log into Alpari, it shows a different account number (just one number different).

Guess I won't be starting my live trading tonight.

See you guys Sunday/Monday.

Further comments are welcome about this single word tonight about how this is affecting FMT, here on the west coast of Canada: Egypt. :)

Further comments are welcome about this single word tonight about how this is affecting FMT, here on the west coast of Canada: Egypt. :)

Something's definitely affecting FMT today, it takes us into a short trade right at a low at 06.30GMT then zooms up 20 before settling again. The 2nd of our 2 indicators was slow lining up such that 06.00 and 06.15 trades probably did not take. 06.30 short, 06.45 likewise.
Good luck guys

Ok, now I've had it with FMT, and I quit manually early. The premise was dependant on a quiet Asian session leading up to an anxious European session. What we have now in 2011 is a chaotic end of Asian session, and an unpredictable European session. For us North Americans, it might just be better to go back to trading the NYSE and Nasdaq, until the rest of the planet gets in house in order. Cheers.

Thanks

Yeah, something is up. They sent me an email with one Account number for MT4, but then when I log into Alpari, it shows a different account number (just one number different).

Guess I won't be starting my live trading tonight.

See you guys Sunday/Monday.

Maybe you are logging into a DEMO account/Demo Server.

You have to check:

1) If you are connected to some account: Go to right bottom corner of your MT4 and check that rectangle with stripes - if it's all red is off/not connected.

2) You have to check if, being connected, you are connected to a live server (go to FILE, then Login and check what you have in the Server field- it must be something like that is not "Demo" or something alike.

hope it helps

This trade has gone the wrong way ever since it opened

at 09.25 prior to benign UK news it went back to break even but it doesnt seem to want to lie down today

Not a good day for FMTraders

I don't normally look at such things, but read recently that China, and other countries, were investing in US dollars, to keep their exports 'cheap'. (Don't ask me how this works - maybe they put selling pressure on their own currency.) So it could be that the $ is being kept 'artificially' high.

"China is the world's biggest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, with a third of its US$2.85 trillion in foreign exchange reserves invested in U.S. government debt.
Wang Jianxi, the chief risk officer at China Investment Corporation (CIC) which manages US$300 billion, said on Saturday the market for U.S. Treasuries is the world's most liquid and the U.S. government is a credible borrower.
He said these qualities render dollar-denominated assets relatively stable and that there are few investment alternatives in the world with similar benefits.

But Wang argued that China is not the only country reliant on the dollar, listing sovereign wealth funds in Abu Dhabi, Norway and Singapore as other big buyers of dollar-denominated assets.
It is also practical for China to invest the bulk of its reserves in the U.S. currency because global trade in commodities, energy and metals are settled in dollars, he said.

Is this why past FMT results were biased to the short side? (Can Mark
program some fundemental analysis into FMT? )

Chris
(PS just my sense of humour)

I don't normally look at such things, but read recently that China, and other countries, were investing in US dollars, to keep their exports 'cheap'. (Don't ask me how this works - maybe they put selling pressure on their own currency.) So it could be that the $ is being kept 'artificially' high.

"China is the world's biggest foreign holder of U.S. Treasuries, with a third of its US$2.85 trillion in foreign exchange reserves invested in U.S. government debt.
Wang Jianxi, the chief risk officer at China Investment Corporation (CIC) which manages US$300 billion, said on Saturday the market for U.S. Treasuries is the world's most liquid and the U.S. government is a credible borrower.
He said these qualities render dollar-denominated assets relatively stable and that there are few investment alternatives in the world with similar benefits.

But Wang argued that China is not the only country reliant on the dollar, listing sovereign wealth funds in Abu Dhabi, Norway and Singapore as other big buyers of dollar-denominated assets.
It is also practical for China to invest the bulk of its reserves in the U.S. currency because global trade in commodities, energy and metals are settled in dollars, he said.

Is this why past FMT results were biased to the short side? (Can Mark
program some fundemental analysis into FMT? )

Chris
(PS just my sense of humour)

That is the most entertaining laugh I have had all week.:LOL:

What a fantastic month FEB is turning out to be. So far its 6 wins, 1 loss and 1 B/E trading at

TP=35, Sl=40 and resetting to B/E after 20pips. FMT on a roll. Lets hope it continues.

Nice short win today, thankyou FMT! +192 pips up in Feb-11 now (+216 pips year to date). I've analysed last 24 months trades on FMT, I found Thursdays/Fridays have the best win ratio, and sells slightly better than buys, so all the omens were good today. Hoping FMT is back in it's stride now and performing as strongly in 2011 as in previous 2 years, good luck all

4 wins 1 loss this week with 43/20/65 although one win was by the skin of its teeth :clover:

107 pips for the week so I might treat Mrs Tenapenny to a fish supper tonight! :)