ForexMorningTrade System

Hi, I am in located on the West Coast of USA (PST). I notice that my EA came preset at 7:30 GMT. Should it be changed at 6:30 GMT? I tried to change it but it keeps defaulting to 7:30. Is there a way to change to 6:30? I also did not get a signal to trade Monday or Tuesday. I am using MT4 demo. Did anyone else have this problem. Thanks for your help

Hi, I am in located on the West Coast of USA (PST). I notice that my EA came preset at 7:30 GMT. Should it be changed at 6:30 GMT? I tried to change it but it keeps defaulting to 7:30. Is there a way to change to 6:30? I also did not get a signal to trade Monday or Tuesday. I am using MT4 demo. Did anyone else have this problem. Thanks for your help

As UK is now in BST, start time is 5:30 GMT
I don't use the EA, but I don't think that there would be a GMT setting in there. You have to set it up according to your broker time, not GMT.
What is your broker time in relation to GMT (please do not confuse current UK time and GMT as time in UK is GMT + 1 hour currently)

Hi, I am in located on the West Coast of USA (PST). I notice that my EA came
preset at 7:30 GMT. Should it be changed at 6:30 GMT? I tried to change it but
it keeps defaulting to 7:30. Is there a way to change to 6:30? I also did not
get a signal to trade Monday or Tuesday. I am using MT4 demo. Did anyone else
have this problem. Thanks for your help

If you clicck F7 you can change the time.
Marv

For those of you who don't regularly follow the Journal where Marc records his trades, there is a new post you ought to be interested in:

A comment to the recent wave of Break Evens
It is already 5th or 6th trade where we got very close to the profit (1-3 pips), but then the trade reversed and we
ended up with BE (0 pips).
I don’t believe in any broker conspiracy or stops hunting, we are too small players for that. In my opinion it is just
a coincidence and bad luck, but I think there’s nothing wrong about temporarily decreasing PT/SL
by 5 pips to 30/35 to get a bigger chance of hitting the profit.
I personally won’t do it, but any of you using my system can consider it.

Morning All, looks like we are sitting in 'No Trade' territory this morning at 06H20, if it moves higher by 06H30 we are in with a shot :(

Morning All, looks like we are sitting in 'No Trade' territory this morning at 06H20, if it moves higher by 06H30 we are in with a shot :(

Looking like a no trade on Oanda but I'll let the EA make the final decision :)

NO TRADE at 6.15 and 6.30 on SLM and ThinkForex, 6.45 looks like it will be a dangerous LONG, think I'll miss it today as I place trades manually

NO TRADE at 6.15 and 6.30 on SLM and ThinkForex, 6.45 looks like it will be a dangerous LONG, think I'll miss it today as I place trades manually

Just as well. When one of those indicators goes over 250, like it did, it's a sure sign of a reversal coming

The pilot settings of which I speak are a trial I have been doing, to try and vary the exits according to conditions, and improve the PF. In the last 100 trades the set would have improved the outcome compared with 40/40, but this does not seem to be quite the case in 200 trades, so I am still working on it. Say what you like, it has to be a good set to beat 40/40 I was interested in a comment yesterday from a member who says he doesn't often post, but he goes with 43/43 which suits him.

Results since 1st January until 12th April. On my forward tests. Others may have observed different profits

FMT 35/40/be@20 +505.
Without BE it would have been +460
Old FMT 40/40 +560
Old FMT + BE @ 20 +520
10/40 + 360
28/40 + 480
Pilot + 520
Desert Eagle + 512

Today is a sideways market, nice to be out of it, I wonder if this is going to be the pattern - either no trades or not enough swing to get full TPs - until after the Easter vacations

Wasn't old FMT BE @24 ?

It may have been @ 24 but I only forward test it at 20, just to try and see whether break even setting is such a good idea

You'll notice with 40/40 it has done better without than with
but with 35/40 BE has paid off

The differences are small and it's difficult to say whether there's real advantage in using BE. Even in a rolling 12 month period I can't find differences of more than 100 pips using 35 or 40 as the TP.

13th April All times Alpari UK

Standard FMT settings with Hammy66 timings on live Alpari UK account, result today:
07:15 NT
07:30 NT
07:45 SL

Catfish settings (see #7525) with Hammy66 timings on a demo Alpari UK account, result today:
07:15 NT
07:30 NT
07:45 SL

FMT for me this morning (*45-35-25-5) *trying new settings.

6:15 start, signal NO trade
6:30 start, signal NO trade
6:45 start, signal long trade, hit SL -46 pips.

total today -46 pips..

weekly total +64 pips..

needed about SL=58 to avoid loss, actually 6:45 was a poor entry by FMT. but win some lose some !

FMT for me this morning (*45-35-25-5) *trying new settings.

6:15 start, signal NO trade
6:30 start, signal NO trade
6:45 start, signal long trade, hit SL -46 pips.

total today -46 pips..

weekly total +64 pips..

needed about SL=58 to avoid loss, actually 6:45 was a poor entry by FMT. but win some lose some !

I've not got the manual to hand but before I forget; is there an upper and lower bound for the 2nd indicator such that above or below these bounds we don't trade? I know there is for the 1st indicator but can't remember for the 2nd. If there was, maybe this would have prevented a trade at 0645 (depending where you set those bounds of course)?

I've not got the manual to hand but before I forget; is there an upper and lower bound for the 2nd indicator such that above or below these bounds we don't trade? I know there is for the 1st indicator but can't remember for the 2nd. If there was, maybe this would have prevented a trade at 0645 (depending where you set those bounds of course)?

You are correct, without me divulging to much on a public forum, if both are above the line then it is a Buy and visa versa, one below and one above = No trade.

Hope that helps :)