Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Leo, I'm long GBP/USD, from 15,328 - just wondering when you're getting out?

Hi thinkman, I had a long from 1.5227 and it hit limit order at 1.5300. I've been flat on GU since then. Had a long attempt on EU but it failed.

Ah right no problem. What you mean you've been flat on GU since? Also I'm still in GU, would you recommend getting out?

Ah right no problem. What you mean you've been flat on GU since? Also I'm still in GU, would you recommend getting out?

that means I have no open position. I can't advise on your position. why don't you tell us why you've entered,

generally speaking, if the reason is still valid, it is "stay in trade", again it depends on the reason and set up.

Hi Leo,

I'm a newbie learning the ropes so entered the trade based on your call really. I'm just trying to get some trading experience before I start adopting my own strategy!

There seems to be quite strong resistance at 13,350, so perhaps my target price should be here?

Appreciate your help

Hi Leo,

I'm a newbie learning the ropes so entered the trade based on your call really. I'm just trying to get some trading experience before I start adopting my own strategy!

There seems to be quite strong resistance at 13,350, so perhaps my target price should be here?

Appreciate your help

I see. In that case, you are 100 pips late. There was plenty of time to board the ship after my post.

You are quite right, 1.5340-50 is strong resistance area. This is my perspective.

GBPUSD_2010march.PNG

1/2 off for + 10
rest at b/e, hope for a bigger movement down now

good luck julian. I've been a bear on equities and UJ should go down, too.

Been waiting for sellshort set up since the beginning of the month, since then ES has moved up 60.00 (240 ticks) and NQ 86.00 (320 ticks). I should have long them in stead :cheesy:

For today, NQ is stalling at 1936, ES did make a new high but I doubt if they have substantial upside move from here.

Hi Leo, Thanks for your reply. Yea I got stopped out of the trade unfortunately. Will keep an eye on this thread for any future trade calls.

are you in? I might go long above 1.5330.

I'm out 1/2 of the position at 287 - going for a free ride

round 284 is 61.80 Fibb of that massive move from 9:30

out of 1/4 at 280 - 1/4 still in and stop moved to 305 (303 is 50% fib)

if there is a change (before 17:00) in short term trend may go for a long

Last edited:
Hi Leo, Thanks for your reply. Yea I got stopped out of the trade unfortunately. Will keep an eye on this thread for any future trade calls.

Hi thinkman, I hope you are not trading with live account. And let's make it clear that this thread is not a signal service or giving trading advice. It's more of a place for sharing perspective and talking about our trades for learning purposes. We call out live trades with stoploss because we want to keep "talkers" and "hindsight analysts" away from thread.

Hi Leo, yes I'm on the 'Tradesense programme' with IG Index so I am trading a live account, but very low value i.e. 50p per pip at the minute. I totally understand this is not a live signal service, I'm basically just trying to gain some insight as to how the markets react and gain experience in managing trades etc. So any assistance from experienced traders is much appreciated!