Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
short euro 1.3689 s/l 7

-7 bit off an impatient trade really. No harm done.
One of the hardest things I am trying to learn is not to have to trade. Every other walk of life would be upset and worried sat at home waiting for work to come in. You have to beleive that sooner or later your days pay will arrive. Mines already happened today so I was looking for tommorows and looking for something that wasnt there. I posted a very clear chart of a t/l break on eur/usd earlier. But no I decided to sell it. Thats why this game can be so hard,there are so many emotions involved.

One of the hardest things I am trying to learn is not to have to trade.

Sometimes, you regret for not taking a trade if it moved nicely. We have to understand that markets will move either way with or without our set ups.

Last week, I wanted to go long UJ with Buy stop order ( with limit price at break out level). It did move up but I didn't get filled. A simple Buy stop order with SB would have triggered but with IBFX, such is the reality.

I'm still on the sideline.;)

(Reuters) - EU finance ministers on Tuesday discussed standby plans drawn up by countries using the euro to provide Greece with financial help if it becomes the first state in 11 years of monetary union to seek such aid.

Ministers from the 16-country euro zone announced late on Monday they had agreed the "technical modalities" that would permit aid to be rapidly rolled out but gave no figures and few details of a plan likely to involve bilateral loans

short gbp/usd at 1.5237 s//15
Top of t/l and also divergence

Attachments

• snapshot-64.png
    snapshot-64.png
    27 KB · Views: 130
Gold has rallied +$18 today- been steadily up whole day. It would help GU & EU to stay in highzone area. I'd be careful if I was selling GU & EU.

Time's up for me. I will have potential long set up tomorrow if GU/EU can maintain above 1.51 and 1.37 respectively. Gold is back to Long mode.

Equities (ES/NQ) are still making new high for the year. Still not ready for a swing short.

see you tomorrow!

I think julian is buying GU & EU..

AHHHH at last you have removed my mask and see me for what I am. T2ws anmswer to george sorros. I move a currency with a blink of an eye(sadly mostly the wrong way for me). Had to go out for a couple of hours and even old reliable temp is getting a spanking.Well im back now and will call out a GOLD STAR ,PLATUNIM. EUREKA MOMENT,SGT PEPPER, HOLY GRAIL,MOTHER OF ALL TRADES as soon as it appears. Get all your dosh ready for this amazing call at some point in the next 24 hrs.

n.b due to unreliable isp i have it may look like I called the trade a few minutes to late.

Had to show this chart.I dont normally trade this time of night and I realise Im talking to myself, but this looks a good trade to me.So im short gbp/usd 1.5242 s/l 14. I know its a bit late posting as at time of posting Im 10 pips up,but its such a good example of a trendline pullback to line and hopefully will continue down. Its the same line that broke for me yesterday when I had a very profitable trade lets hope history repeats itself with this line.

Attachments

• snapshot-66.png
    snapshot-66.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 124
had to re sell as Line had not been broken and still looks good to me
short 1.5258 s/l 12. If this loses thats most of my profit for the day gone

"The (Fed's policy) committee ... continues to anticipate that economic conditions, including low rates of resource utilization, subdued inflation trends, and stable inflation expectations, are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period," the central bank said in a statement.

GU/EU dived after Fed's surprise rate hike on 18th February, with expectations that Fed would signal end of 0-.25% era.

Now Fed is saying there is still no end to low rates.

My expectation is that GU and EU will try to retest prior-18th Feb levels.

GU to test 1.55, and EU is already at 1.38.

For economy : I am now a bear, US economy is not getting better for sure. I am ready to join the bears once market sell off begins.

Attachments

• GU_EU_Fed rates.PNG
    GU_EU_Fed rates.PNG
    59.3 KB · Views: 125
"

For economy : I am now a bear, US economy is not getting better for sure. I am ready to join the bears once market sell off begins.

2 decades of stagflation now a baked in cert...has been since the collapse...all actions since simply smoke and mirrors...the mirrors not yet paid for on a very slow boat from China...

Meant to add just shows how utterly corrupt that rate rise (late evening surprise rate rise) was a couple of weeks back, those in the know/close to the decision hoovered up billions...

had to re sell as Line had not been broken and still looks good to me
short 1.5258 s/l 12. If this loses thats most of my profit for the day gone

and it still looks good to me. I have taken a 1/3 off at + 15.
ONE OF THE MAIN PROBLEMS WITH TRADING OFF TRENDLINES IS THAT IF YOU ARE A FEW mmS OUT IT CAN MEAN A LOSS OF VITAL PIPS. i RESET THE LINE AND SAW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER GIVIN ME A DIFFERENCE OF 10 PIPS. That is why I decided to re enter the trade.

Next target is 1.5210 to take another 1/3 rd off
Last 3rd will run for 100 pips
stop now at b/e. Off to bed,its been a long day