Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
German Dax

giving a heads up

potential short pending due to H&S formation

I will inform of my entry, exit stop loss accordingly

Attachments

• Germany 30 Daily (15-MAR-10)10 mins .png
    Germany 30 Daily (15-MAR-10)10 mins .png
    18.2 KB · Views: 112
This is my eur trade blown up.I moved the stop up so that it was again above the line. Was a touch lucky not to be stopped out. I call it justice for the amount of times ive had my stop being at the place where the market goes for one tick at my price and then retraces. Lets hope it continues down for my sake

Attachments

• snapshot-60.png
    snapshot-60.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 122
This is my eur trade blown up.I moved the stop up so that it was again above the line. Was a touch lucky not to be stopped out. I call it justice for the amount of times ive had my stop being at the place where the market goes for one tick at my price and then retraces. Lets hope it continues down for my sake

brilliant trade earlier on, julian.

the most elegant thing about trendlines, is that they are the same whichever time-frame you select. you dont get contradictory signals from indicators when switching TFs.

very robust trading method you have there. (y)

ive been with virgin for 10 years and very few probs at all.Cant remember last time I was disconnected

Are you on Virgin fibre optics? I had it 3 yrs ago and it was awesome. O2 was very good in the beginning but getting worse lately.

I have taken the short now at 0.9108 after confirmation on cable recovery on 1 hour charts.
stop 20.

1/3 rd off for +17
1/3 off for + 27
1/3 rd off for +57

Happy days:clap:

julian, let me do some analysis. Your total pips from 3 units = 17+27+57 = 101.

If you closed 100% position (all 3 units) at +17 then total pips = 3x17 = 51.

Basically your return is doubled if the move continued for 2 times & 3,4 times your first profit exit.

If it doesn't go any further from +17, you might have ended up with +17 ( the rest stopped out near b/e).

It causes more variation in "expected" results (+17 to +100), theoretically causing larger ups and downs in equity curve, compared to average result +51 (median)

However, because you almost always take partial profits such as +10,+17, you do have "actual" small but many +pips in equity curve. That in turn smooth out your "actual" equity curve.

That sounds spot on Leo. Losing trades tend to cause emotion and irrationality so I always try and take some off early to feel good. I realise that by doing this I am not always getting a good R/R ratio. But I feel this is balanced out when a trade reverses and goes against me. I think my R/R is a little over 2/1 which isnt that good. I generally Take 1/3 rds off if they are larger trades and 1/2 on smaller ones. Taking 1/2 off reduces the R/R significantly. A 10 pip gain on the 1st half has to become 30 pips on the second 1/2 to get a 2/1 R/R. If I move the stop down to b/e or +10 this again reduces it. I feel this is offset on the ocassions where I get the 10 pips and then the market moves back and takes out what would have been my original stop.

I would love to hear more about how you stake you trades.

n1 odt why do you have a 45 pip stop and take smaller profits your R/R seems very poor.

My standard target is 3* stop on automated trades, my target is 3 * stop on day trading 45 using Zupconite pro betting method.I increase position size after every losing trade to make up for lost reward on small t/p or losses.

I closed cable because Euro was coming off.For day trading I am soon going to start Zupconite-day -trader with 20 pip stop loss .See excel sheet below.Target is b/e + profit,occasionaly I close early and make changes to target ,to make up earlier losses.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...-zupconite-betting-system-100-profitable.html

Attachments

• zupconite julian.jpg
    zupconite julian.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 138