Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
morning, nice to see someone bagging pips for breakfast. Looking for long entry on GU & EU.

You guys obviously do a bit of day trading - I was just wondering what timeframe you recommend using for drawing on your trendlines etc? For example - would you use a week, displayed in 30min candles?

You guys obviously do a bit of day trading - I was just wondering what timeframe you recommend using for drawing on your trendlines etc? For example - would you use a week, displayed in 30min candles?

as you can see by my posts I use generally use 5 and 60 and use bar charts as i have always done but never bothered to switch over.Most people tend to use candlestick charts

can you explain that a bit more please leo

I am neither an expert nor a prop-trader, therefore forgive my terminology.

On TradeStation fx (cash) chart, the price is 1.5219. The quote on IBFX is 1.5221-23. It went as low as 5217 on cash chart but it didn't take out my 5219 stop. It has to trade through my stop level in order to trigger it. It had to be 5218-52189 to trigger 5219 stop. When it triggers, it usually tends to cause slippage 0.5 to 1pip.

It's also the same with CMC, and other SB firms where their quotes can be as far as 10 pips away from cash fx price.

Thanks for your reply Julian. So you use 5min and 60min bars for daytrading? I'm a newbie trying to learn the ropes! Much appreciated

short jpy/usd 90.56 s/l 12
Coming of t/l with dit of divergence

Attachments

• snapshot-68.png
    snapshot-68.png
    34 KB · Views: 134
My stop was below yesterday's High (yHH). Gold is also retreating below yHH. At the moment, GU,EU and Gold are in buy area for me.