Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Leo, yes I'm on the 'Tradesense programme' with IG Index so I am trading a live account, but very low value i.e. 50p per pip at the minute. I totally understand this is not a live signal service, I'm basically just trying to gain some insight as to how the markets react and gain experience in managing trades etc. So any assistance from experienced traders is much appreciated!

For gawd's sake...Thinkforyourselfman ;)...seriously (and no disrespect to the guys who gravitate towards this thread), you will not develop as a trader, in any way shape or form, if you become wedded to someone else calls on a forum were you've no idea as to the players' expertise and/or performance...
Again, and no disrespect to the guys on this thread, if you follow someone else's trading habits they may not work for you...for example a few of these guys bail out for 6 pip losses and take 15 pip profits, complete anathema to me...but heh it works for some of 'em..
My advice (fwiw) is to keep a weather eye on the decent journals, I often find myself in contrarian market positions to the guys on the various journals, given I'm on much longer TFs I like to look in here to see if there's a canary in the mine that has been spotted...but to take a trade based on the journal calls here is utter madness IMHO...
You need to develop your own edge/strat, that should be done independently of the journals...

For gawd's sake...Thinkforyourselfman ;)...seriously (and no disrespect to the guys who gravitate towards this thread), you will not develop as a trader, in any way shape or form, if you become wedded to someone else calls on a forum were you've no idea as to the players' expertise and/or performance...
Again, and no disrespect to the guys on this thread, if you follow someone else's trading habits they may not work for you...for example a few of these guys bail out for 6 pip losses and take 15 pip profits, complete anathema to me...but heh it works for some of 'em..
My advice (fwiw) is to keep a weather eye on the decent journals, I often find myself in contrarian market positions to the guys on the various journals, given I'm on much longer TFs I like to look in here to see if there's a canary in the mine that has been spotted...but to take a trade based on the journal calls here is utter madness IMHO...
You need to develop your own edge/strat, that should be done independently of the journals...

I welcome honest advice about how one should develop own edge & shouldn't be relying on a forum thread etc. But I won't tolerate any kind of insult to anyone who post live calls here, especially from people who just talk the talk.

I welcome honest advice about how one should develop own edge & shouldn't be relying on a forum thread etc. But I won't tolerate any kind of insult to anyone who post live calls here, especially from people who just talk the talk.

Not sure where you uncovered an "insult" in my reply to thinkman...heh ho...:rolleyes:

Not sure where you uncovered an "insult" in my reply to thinkman...heh ho...:rolleyes:

Where did I say that there was an insult in your reply? I was making myself clear about what I can and can't accept. :LOL:

It's so boring to read sermons directed at newbies. :sleep:

C'mon, lead by example, if you can, not by mere words. You are most welcome.:)

Where did I say that there was an insult in your reply? I was making myself clear about what I can and can't accept. :LOL:

It's so boring to read sermons directed at newbies. :sleep:

C'mon, lead by example, if you can, not by mere words. You are most welcome.:)

I've thought in the past that I might do a journal; heh I've even got a couple of cool titles, but d'ya know there's a few things that'll always hold me back (irrespective that I'm only just into to my third year of trading and still making mistakes on a daily basis). Firstly, my strat. doesn't have enough bells and whistles and I'm not proficient enough at PA (like Pozzy) in order to make a point of difference that'd add value to what's already been done...

Secondly, harsh as this may seem, what's in it for me? I've always stated my admiration for guys such as you and Julian, Vaco, Pozzy etc.. unselfishly calling out your trades, but it's just not my style..I don't need the plaudits/platitudes, distractions or trading buddies. I like observing others trading, as you'll note (when I can) I'll give you and others a heads up and rep. you when I can clearly see what I consider to be great trading on your chosen TFs, I'd rather not lurk, I'd rather 'pipe up' and chip in now and again...

Thirdly, I've binned the shorter (30mins-1hr) TFs, I'm now back swinging on longer TFs with up to 100 pip stop loss, (E.G. I've been long AUS/USD since approx. 6pm on the 15th, short USD/CAD roughly the same time, I'm also short EU, EG, EJ and UJ and have closed USD/CHF inside the last hour ), so what's the point? Is there any worth in my stating that I'm now *patiently* waiting to short GBP/JPY and cable? :sleep:

Anyhow, I'll keep a weather eye on your thread, maybe I'll chip in with the odd explanation of why I've taken a position...Keep up the good work..;)

Morning all.Had to get up with the kids and noticed this bearish looking wedge so sold of the top hoping it breaks down.
Sold at 90.30 s/l 8. Nothing to lose lots to gain
Will look to re enter if wrong so 8 pips is all I need

Attachments

• snapshot-70.png
    snapshot-70.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 148
morning, GU didn't take off, EU reversing back down, UJ bearish (wanted to sell from 90.23 but looks like I've missed it.. ) will be on the sideline

ES, NQ, Gold all looking weak

most of my bigger wins are always before 11.am.do you find that Leo

it depends on seasonality. winter times are usually good for morning trends. spring is more choppy in the beginning and getting directional as the day goes on. again, this is simple generalisation and it may not be statistically right :)

1/3 off at +10
1/3 at +26
1/3 at +25

Didnt really capitalise on the move as much as id like to have, still Im pleased with entry and profit:clap:

Not sure which side I fancy now,its right on line.will watch and see

Attachments

• snapshot-71.png
    snapshot-71.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 137