Forex Day Trader's Thread

bbc, what's your time frame for the trade? IMO I don't think it goes to 1.41 anytime soon this week, unless some unexpected spike. More likely around 1.4250 +/- delta. Possibly there is a bounce tonight or tomorrow. Maybe wrong though, a bit hard to read.

im following the formation of a bear flag on the hourly charts.... def stuck in an upward moving channel at the moment.... i think it will break hard to the downside over the next few trading sessions. if not this week, def next week.... or not ;) but i can tell u that if it gets to 1.4250 its going at least 100 pips lower

Not sure if it's a flag. On a longer term, I'd think it may bounce as high as 1.45 or so in the next couple of weeks.

on the daily charts it does seem like thats a possibility, but ill stick to my guns. evidence seems pretty strong... this is a pathetic bounce that it has tried to put together. clearly defined upward sloping channel, overlapping corrective waves... tells me the bias is still lower. or maybe im a huge idiot... i guess we'll find out :)

Yeah, trade the plan. TBO It's a bit hard to read at this state. You may be right though.

1.4250 maybe a bit low, recent high @ 1.427/8 is more likely. But there is a chance it bounces from here

I normally wouldn't short this low but it really does look like it's going to crack and head way lower.

except the yen pairs, I don't think there is any action tonight 'til UK, also they may wait for NFP tomorrow

im so tempted...30 min chart is showing a pretty bearish descending triangle, but the dailies have been using that 200 day moving average as a strong support...however if it breaks, it will more likely be a nice move as people seem optimistic about tomorrows numbers. tight stop should do the trick.

well, it broke! I would have liked more follow through but the night is young ;)

going to bed.. counting my money in the morning or licking my wounds..

Looks like it ran into some big orders 1.4285 but I wouldn't be surprised if they ran into some big sell orders as well.. we shall see..

well im flat, road the tail coats for a bit and made back what I lost overnight (not recommended ;)), ill sit back now until things settle.

this has to be surely the wrong time to be going in. going to wait for everything to settle before going in again. Caught 70 pips going long on cable.....praying that the payrolls were bad!! Woohoo!

time to take a step back!

any trades during this madness?