Forex Day Trader's Thread

I just read that the number of US millionaires has fallen by 25% ..

AIN'T THAT A BITCH! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cry:

oh well.. guess we'll need to create some new ones ..

Here's my plan for tomorrow..

USD/JPY looks like **** .. I'm looking to put some decent leverage on a bounce off 95 .. meh.. 25 lots seems good. Although the price action is irritating lately I'm still kind of excited because BUY AND HOLD trades are finally coming within my grasp..

Play silly day trades and swing trades all you like but my bread and butter is biding my time and waiting for big trades to come to me ;)

BUY AND HOLD limeys, Aussies and Dutchfolks.. Get ready for it..

Still waiting for Cable to hit 1.3505 to put 60 lots on that sumbitch too..

here we go again.. 1.2860 yesterday, and now 1.2745, choppy ride.. but we have to give the euro a chance to bounce :)

Did you buy your Yen Mr.Capitalist?

First time post here but started trading currencies...normally trading gold.

I just read that the number of US millionaires has fallen by 25% ..

AIN'T THAT A BITCH! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :cry:

oh well.. guess we'll need to create some new ones ..

Here's my plan for tomorrow..

USD/JPY looks like **** .. I'm looking to put some decent leverage on a bounce off 95 .. meh.. 25 lots seems good. Although the price action is irritating lately I'm still kind of excited because BUY AND HOLD trades are finally coming within my grasp..

Play silly day trades and swing trades all you like but my bread and butter is biding my time and waiting for big trades to come to me ;)

BUY AND HOLD limeys, Aussies and Dutchfolks.. Get ready for it..

Still waiting for Cable to hit 1.3505 to put 60 lots on that sumbitch too..

WOW.. Look what happened to USD/JPY that's crazy .. no, artful dodger .. I missed my entry point by about 40 pips it seems, but I would have made a KILLING on USD/JPY .. What an insane reversal!

Any predictions for next week folks??

I think this rally might be for real and get some legs.. All we need to do is break 1.30 to make it to 1.34 in Euro and if it breaks 1.34 it will shoot way up to 1.47 or so just like it did last time.. We need to be prepared with sizeable buy stops so we don't miss it!

[sigh] .. alright well since apparently no one has any predictions here's a thought..

Things must be getting better if our useless governments can take time off from freaking out about the economy to go back to our normal pointless bickering and political games.

ME:

Buy stop 40 lots EUR/USD 1.302 s/l -50 pips t/p 1.34, but since I don't trust breakouts I'll be moving the stop to 0 at +20 pips..

Buy stop 1.3425 100 lots s/l -30 pips 50% t/p at at 1.43 and 50% t/p 1.47.. move stop to 0 at 20 pips

same feeling for me.. went long euro at 1.2940 with a limit at 1.31.. well the CHOPPY BOY did not came that way.. Luckily i took profit manually at 1.3040.. still looking choppy..
Look at the numerous price overlaps in the Euro.. I dont really care what rest of world thinks.. Its no impulsive rise at all..
At least for the moment.

Hey Ridd.. I ended up getting only 10 pips on my EURO trade because as usual there was no follow through.. I did really well today on EUR/JPY though.. Stocks ended up a little negative today so I don't know if the rally is over or not.. Resistance held quite nicely in the S&P ..

Hey Ridd.. I ended up getting only 10 pips on my EURO trade because as usual there was no follow through.. I did really well today on EUR/JPY though.. Stocks ended up a little negative today so I don't know if the rally is over or not.. Resistance held quite nicely in the S&P ..

trendlines word fantastically well in s&p today.that upward narrowing rising wedge broke. wanna see if the ftses breaks... suggest 3942 - 60 as breakdown target

Euro can't get anywhere.. I've been long but will go short on a close below yesterday's close.. It's looking very likely because equities cannot break resistance..

US banks have sell orders at 1.3015 1.302 and 1.305 .. There's a pretty big rally in US equities but Euro is unable to follow..

Ridd,

$19,000 in two days! That's more than I've done with day trading in all of Feb and March combined. Did you get in on this USD weakness? Question is now, is there a top in on Euro at 1.374? Charts predict 1.39, but it seems to be floundering badly

Pip..

i made 7$ in oil.. and closed euro in the lower 1.3x, did not expect ben bernanke would destroy his own usd