Forex Day Trader's Thread

S&P just broke 820 and if it can't get back above then we'll probably FINALLY break this range today.

SEE these US market bulls are just unstoppable.. Every time we get close to breaking the range they swoop in and save the day.. That plus the occasional monstrous short squeeze is the reason I'm not too interested in being short down here.

Just got this from the DailyFX web site

Day"s dive came fairly close to the medium-term uptrend line at 1.2715 before mildly oversold hourlies gave prices a boost. Hourlies swing lows by 1.2835 may be retsted from the underside with this rebound. High daily congestion count of 10 suggests a breakout is imminent (Jan 2 & Nov4 last time 10 was hit). 1.2705/1.3093 breakout pts eyed. (RD) 16:13 GMT

Ridder must have been kidnapped by Royal Dutch Shell for pushing the price of oil too low :(

come on Euro....will you break or what?....this is getting painful....like pulling teath out!

Ridder must have been kidnapped by Royal Dutch Shell for pushing the price of oil too low :(

i am just released.. by royal dutch.. by putting huge short of oil around 41.70 , man can you imagine i just sold at the top..

bailed out to early at 38.88

took another 1$ ride later.. though..

anyway i have been SCALPED, now it slumped to 34

will be some sort of bounce i guess, which could be sold again for a drive to 28

yeah we do make mistakes, i always say never take a profit,just trail.. yeah its frustating.. at least be happy with right call, makes you not a clown in the market

see everything goes, i called in december for a cotton downdive
and it has just started..it slumped to 45 today

what next with the usa holidays, the market tend to trade opposite of what should do in most cases

euro does look like it doesn't want fall hard..at least for the moment

pound still looks awful to me

SEE these US market bulls are just unstoppable.. Every time we get close to breaking the range they swoop in and save the day.. That plus the occasional monstrous short squeeze is the reason I'm not too interested in being short down here.

yeah they come in again.. with us holiday approaching..

Hilarious!! Look at what the little bulls did today! look at that chart!

Everyone remember to TRAIL YOUR STOPS closely on shorts.. There's always some little bit of excitement that causes the markets to rally.. always!

I MADE $24 TODAY!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=%5EGSPC#chart1:symbol=^gspc;range=1d;indicator=volume;charttype=line;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined

yeah.. more over, its a bullish reversal on spx500.. new lows today, but closed above yesterdays close..

but be aware... bullish patterns not always work in BEAR markets

though, it would not be surprising to see some bounce around the holidays

It's President Washington's birthday, a silly holiday no one cares about but all federal buildings are closed.

Correction : Indeed its a holiday, but usa closes 4.30pm monday London Time
Monday

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the days when trends were obvious and you could just enter a trade and watch it slowly go up or down? These days even when you're right trades can snap back and trail you out for wimpy profits.