Forex Day Trader's Thread

I'll have to remember to remove all my orders.. that price action won't be fun, or tradeable.

I wonder what it would have been like to trade back when things were calm... before all this crazyness. I really started getting into the market around the beginning of 2008, so really all I know is crazy movements and crazy reactions.

Its weird to me to think that maybe someday the economy will be decent, and fairly predictable, and the markets won't be manipulated so bad.

The main difference between "normal" trading and recession trading is the ridiculous volatility.

Inflation in Germany could be back as it reports its estimate for CPI. Although throughout much of the euro zone retail sales are low, unemployment is high, home sales are weak and banks are reluctant to lend, Germany is experiencing better times. German unemployment has stabilized and corporate confidence is improving. With Germany being the largest economy in the euro zone, an increase in inflation there or expectations for an increase in inflation could be thoughts about an increase in rates to the forefront sooner rather than later.

was up +4 pips today :) (this is just cable) but i took a nice short at the top of a bear flag by a break off a 15 minute pin bar. GDP was bad bad bad news. up 60 odd pips on this one and hope to ride it out and add to it.

+ i will close position if the US GDP is bad, if it's good then i will have a pip party

Attachments

• cable 234.JPG
    cable 234.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
true but im aiming to hold onto this for a few days , look at the hourly and support isn't holding , it just made a lower low with sh*t econ news. the daily is near the top end of a range which it has just bounced off.

Yes, 40 pips, I'd expect it to go down tomorrow, but the GDP might mess with it

cool, makes two of us. if the US GDP is worse than expected i might just put on a 15-20 pip trailing stop or something like that.