For or Against Brexit 2017?

Brexit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am for Brexit, and Weetabix and Shredded Wheat.

I am also for Farage, "England, Harry and Saint George" (especially Harry looks quite nice).

But not necessarily in that order.

I am for Brexit, and Weetabix and Shredded Wheat.

I am also for Farage, "England, Harry and Saint George" (especially Harry looks quite nice).

But not necessarily in that order.

I don't use support and resistance breakouts. Interesting comments though. I am also for Farage for sure. Take back Britain.

There won't be any Brexit, you can be sure of that.

Cameron has exactly the right line on Europe....negotiate better economic terms not just for the UK but as a means of bringing the EU to it's senses. As for more centrist political union...well that is just dead in the water. I have no doubt that he will garner much support from other countries inside the EU. Perhaps all they were waiting for was a strong lead from an economic voice big enough to matter.

Cameron has exactly the right line on Europe....negotiate better economic terms not just for the UK but as a means of bringing the EU to it's senses. As for more centrist political union...well that is just dead in the water. I have no doubt that he will garner much support from other countries inside the EU. Perhaps all they were waiting for was a strong lead from an economic voice big enough to matter.

I guess we will see when the 2017 "Brexit":clap: referendum comes around. The GBP has been falling since the turn of the century and since the advent of the Euro.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 4.09.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 4.09.39 PM.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 504
  • Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 4.10.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 4.10.36 PM.png
    84 KB · Views: 396

I think this is right.

Cameron will produce some way of recommending a "yes" vote to stay in, after getting some sort of concessions from Europe, which they will offer for him to be able to produce them here (maybe not in this forum, when I say "here", but in this country, anyway).

It will not satisfy his backbenchers like that nice Jacob Rees-Moggy-The-Pussycat, but he will manage it anyway, is my guess.

Strangely, Brexit was more likely after a Labour government, in my opinion, because Cameron would have resigned (of course) if Labour won, and then the next Conservative leader would be a Eurosceptic or Euroscepchick, and so after 2020 there would have been a Brexit. :)

But now probably not?

I guess we will see when the 2017 "Brexit":clap: referendum comes around. The GBP has been falling since the turn of the century and since the advent of the Euro.

Not at all sure what you're point is re GBP currency.

A country's currency is the basis of their economy. For instance when the US economy is strong the dollar is off when US economy is weak the dollar is down. The British pound has been sinking ever since the turn of the century, hence the British economy has been sinking at least when compared to all other foreign currencies such as the SEK, DKK, NOK, CHF and EUR. They euro zone has acted as an anchor on the British economy.

A country's currency is the basis of their economy. For instance when the US economy is strong the dollar is off when US economy is weak the dollar is down. The British pound has been sinking ever since the turn of the century, hence the British economy has been sinking at least when compared to all other foreign currencies such as the SEK, DKK, NOK, CHF and EUR. They euro zone has acted as an anchor on the British economy.

Yes I suspected this was where you were headed.
Well you might find this interesting reading. :LOL:

http://dailyreckoning.com/fiat-currency/

A country's currency is the basis of their economy.

This is a very, very big statement, which I would respectfully suggest perhaps conceals more than it enlightens. I take your point, of course, but I think the reality is far from as simple as that, and I think there may be countries which have switched currencies which can perhaps illustrate some of the inherent complexities, even if I can't immediately offer one.

The British pound has been sinking ever since the turn of the century, hence the British economy has been sinking

The word "hence" concerns me, in that sentence. I suspect that its imputation of causality rather rests on the assumption of your initial statement, with which I'm not so comfortable. I think, in short, this may therefore be something of a circular argument, really? :|

Btw, all fiat currencies behave in the same way and ALL end up at zero.

Attachments

• fiat.jpg
    fiat.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 307
While your argument about my "hence" statement allude to cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. If the shoes fits, then i see no problem with it, especially since the data supports the statement. The pound has been falling sometime. The pound was hovering at $1.71 just last year and now it trades around $1.54. That's a %10 drop - mighty big! Greece has debt-to-DBP ratio of %175.1(n), Portugal:%129(n). Now take a look at countries like

United Kingdom %90.6

Germany %78.4(y)
Denmark %44.5(y),
Sweden %40.6(y),
Norway %29.5(y)

While your argument about my "hence" statement allude to cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. If the shoes fits, then i see no problem with it, especially since the data supports the statement. The pound has been falling sometime. The pound was hovering at $1.71 just last year and now it trades around $1.54. That's a %10 drop - mighty big! Greece has debt-to-DBP ratio of %175.1(n), Portugal:%129(n). Now take a look at countries like

United Kingdom %90.6

Germany %78.4(y)
Denmark %44.5(y),
Sweden %40.6(y),
Norway %29.5(y)

They still all end at zero over time including the USD.

The aggregate value of all fiat currencies in circulation falls year on year because of inflation and because govt's the world over turn on the printing presses and create more of this worthless paper.

The exchange rates year on year can of course fluctuate. But eventually the currencies all go to zero.

My statement had to do with debt-to-GDP ratios. What happens when you spend more than you make? You go broke and creditors come after you. (Hopefully not). Why should these countries, namely Greece, Italy, Portugal and Cyprus, be allowed to spend themselves into oblivion. Greece spent 1.75 times more than it made. I guess people weren't interested in extra virgin olive oil. It makes sense that Sweden, Denmark and Norway have strong economies since they only spend about %40 of what they make. Noway has one of the highest GDP/capita rates in the world $100,818 (2013 World Bank). Norway has an almost non-existent grey economy. Greece's economy is %20 grey. The UK's is %10. Grey economies exists because of undocumented immigrants. Norway has a very stringent immigration policy:clap::clap:.

My statement had to do with debt-to-GDP ratios. What happens when you spend more than you make? You go broke and creditors come after you. (Hopefully not). Why should these countries, namely Greece, Italy, Portugal and Cyprus, be allowed to spend themselves into oblivion. Greece spent 1.75 times more than it made. I guess people weren't interested in extra virgin olive oil. It makes sense that Sweden, Denmark and Norway have strong economies since they only spend about %40 of what they make. Noway has one of the highest GDP/capita rates in the world $100,818 (2013 World Bank). Norway has an almost non-existent grey economy. Greece's economy is %20 grey. The UK's is %10. Grey economies exists because of undocumented immigrants. Norway has a very stringent immigration policy:clap::clap:.

Do you live in the US ?

I do business trade equities in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, US and Japan. I am a German American.

Do you have a turkish origin hhiusa ? only asking because there are not many countries place the % in front of a number, turkey being one of them.. i.e %50 opposed to 50% .

Do you have a turkish origin hhiusa ? only asking because there are not many countries place the % in front of a number, turkey being one of them.. i.e %50 opposed to 50% .

I am using my OS's native speech-to-text. I'll ignore your extraneous question as I have previously mentioned my origin in addition to it being listed below my username.

Cameron has exactly the right line on Europe....negotiate better economic terms not just for the UK but as a means of bringing the EU to it's senses

In my view there is zero chance of that happening and you only have to look at the approach being taken to Greece to know there will be no allowance for any renegotiation of terms.