For or Against Brexit 2017?

Brexit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If cultures are essentially all the same, I fairly certain Europeans are required to ingest the semen of their elders, which is thought to sustain growth and strength as they are for the Sambian in Papua New Guinea or how about for the Wodaabee who share wives. Last I checked bigamy was illegal in most of Europe, anyway.:innocent:. Additionally, why pay for a temporary marriage as they do in India.

I can't swallow that.

Hey not a bad idea swapping around wives, husbands too. Might get some partnerships right given time ?

Attachments

• Carmen.jpg
    Carmen.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 172
haha I thought you were going to offer yours for the swap program :)

Just waiting for a website to start off. Even temporary swops ?
You say what you have to offer and pick a winner out of the hundreds of applicants. !

Last edited:
Cherry picking

Interesting news...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-32736596

Small towns in Finland have been trying to boost their dwindling populations by giving bonuses to people who move there, it's reported.

Who cares about FInland. I certainly have mentioned Finland in any of my point about population.

Your statement is out of Context. Finland doesn't have a dwindling population.

Additionally if you read the article carefully it's not to migrate anywhere in Finland, just the countryside. They will only pay if you move to rural areas. (Gee I wonder why). And it is only about local depopulation and not the general population in the entire country of Finland. They are only experiencing a dearth of population in the country side because people are moving more and more into the city. Their citizens are not leaving the country. Thus they are paying people to move in the countryside, not into the country.

Who cares about FInland. I certainly have mentioned Finland in any of my point about population.

Your statement is out of Context. Finland doesn't have a dwindling population.

Additionally if you read the article carefully it's not to migrate anywhere in Finland, just the countryside. They will only pay if you move to rural areas. (Gee I wonder why). And it is only about local depopulation and not the general population in the entire country of Finland. They are only experiencing a dearth of population in the country side because people are moving more and more into the city. Their citizens are not leaving the country. Thus they are paying people to move in the countryside, not into the country.

The link was not for you. It is merely a point of interest.

It basically concerns declining birth rates, an aging population and an impending pension crises in the next 20 years.

Another thought on Brexit - I've spent the last few days in Flanders visiting the various WWI museums, cemeteries and memorials and the sense of total destruction of that war, not only in its effect on combattants but also the civilian populations was overwhelming. And then, 30 years later, there was another war that totally ravaged the continent. If you then visit the Parliamentarium museum in the EU buildings in Brussels which tells the history of the Union, it is made very clear that one of the strongest forces driving the creation of the EU and it's subsequent expansion was the desire to bind countries together politically and economically to such a degree that conflict would not occur again. Looked at against those objectives you would have to say that it has been wholly successful. While agreeing that the EU has suffered subsequently from mission creep it seems fairly obvious to me that in general it has been, and continues to be, a force for good and reform rather than exit is in the UK's as well as Europe's best interests. It seems symbolic that the referendum will take place during the centenary commemorations for The Great War - perhaps that will help people to think carefully rather than follow the little-Englander line of some of the tabloids.

Last edited:
Good post Jack o'Clubs. France and Germany's leadership in the European unification drive must have been initially largely based on the dread of further continental conflict. Might seem far-fetched today, but we place too much emphasis on Hitler's blame for WWII. In fact, 1940 was the third time Germany had attacked France in 70 years: with or without Hitler, German expansionism was a proven threat to peace and, for all people knew, might possibly continue.

Good post Jack o'Clubs. France and Germany's leadership in the European unification drive must have been initially largely based on the dread of further continental conflict. Might seem far-fetched today, but we place too much emphasis on Hitler's blame for WWII. In fact, 1940 was the third time Germany had attacked France in 70 years: with or without Hitler, German expansionism was a proven threat to peace and, for all people knew, might possibly continue.

Their expansionism ardour my be deflated a bit with the latest Greek debt experience.

:cheesy:

The European Union had one other key objective, to prevent hunger and famine, making the continent independent, able to feed it self.

The Common Agricultrual Policy (CAP) was one of its core drivers for the common market. Subsidies, did subsequently lead to excess supply mountains but no one starved to death in the process. (y)

The European Union had one other key objective, to prevent hunger and famine, making the continent independent, able to feed it self.

The Common Agricultrual Policy (CAP) was one of its core drivers for the common market. Subsidies, did subsequently lead to excess supply mountains but no one starved to death in the process. (y)

obviously badly thought out policies created these food mountains.
I imagine the cost of storage of butter etc. mountains was huge ?
I don't know how it was resolved. Did they give away the food to the 3rd world and ruin their fragile economies ?

Don't really see this. In Europe hunger and famine had been defeated already - except in times of war. And you're only compelled to source your food within your own borders if you're at war and under blockade and sending national resources into armaments and the trenches or whatever.

Actually, being self-sufficient in food production is a pretty good way to prepare for the constraints of wartime so I can't think this was an objective at all unless it was -
a) a commercial profit-making initiative for the EU as a whole or
b) a means for the major members of the Union to maintain dominant positions within it.
I go for b).

obviously badly thought out policies created these food mountains.
I imagine the cost of storage of butter etc. mountains was huge ?
I don't know how it was resolved. Did they give away the food to the 3rd world and ruin their fragile economies ?

G8 doc! Love the colours :)
http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/cap-overview/2012_en.pdf

Solution was a little more advanced - delighted to say. Was simply reformed starting from 90s onwards.

Personally, I did a lot of CAP bashing during my early years. One of my claims to fame is I once got to ask a question re: the butter mountains to Neil Kinnock when he visited our 6th form. This was before he was in the headlines and I think he was Education Minister at the time. :cool:

Don't really see this. In Europe hunger and famine had been defeated already - except in times of war. And you're only compelled to source your food within your own borders if you're at war and under blockade and sending national resources into armaments and the trenches or whatever.

Actually, being self-sufficient in food production is a pretty good way to prepare for the constraints of wartime so I can't think this was an objective at all unless it was -
a) a commercial profit-making initiative for the EU as a whole or
b) a means for the major members of the Union to maintain dominant positions within it.
I go for b).

Food security was a key objective back then. CAP was a strategic and key policy to the union that bonded the member countries into common market.

The UK had to give up fishing rights because it was more of a manufacturing based economy. There was much of this kind of horse trading where countries with regional and economic advantage traded rights in order to maximise output in their areas of specialty.

G8 doc! Love the colours :)
http://ec.europa.eu/agriculture/cap-overview/2012_en.pdf

Solution was a little more advanced - delighted to say. Was simply reformed starting from 90s onwards.

Personally, I did a lot of CAP bashing during my early years. One of my claims to fame is I once got to ask a question re: the butter mountains to Neil Kinnock when he visited our 6th form. This was before he was in the headlines and I think he was Education Minister at the time. :cool:

Good question but you have forgotten to say what his reply was ?

On the news at the moment is a report from Libya that the fleeing migrants have been infiltrated by Islamic state trained psychos. Interesting to see if it is weeks, months or longer before the Brussell's sprouts react ? Another good reason to dump them as no doubt many will gravitate over here.

Good question but you have forgotten to say what his reply was ?

On the news at the moment is a report from Libya that the fleeing migrants have been infiltrated by Islamic state trained psychos. Interesting to see if it is weeks, months or longer before the Brussell's sprouts react ? Another good reason to dump them as no doubt many will gravitate over here.

I did not need the news to tell me that, did you? It's an ideal way to do it. Nevertheless, you should ask these two questions, too.

If the US, British and French had not helped Libyan rebels to remove Gadaffi, would all these refugees be coming across in these numbers?

Why have the US, British and French left Libya in such an appalling mess, afterwards? Not only Libya, but everywhere they have been the story is the same.

It is no secret that you want out of Europe but I am not sure that the majority feels the same. We'll have to see what happens.