Find out why 90% of all traders lose and 10% win

big_trader

It may seem strange but 90% of all traders loose because they lack the resources the 10% of all winning traders have. I have found a website that has given me an edge over the markets and wanted to know if any of you used their services before, they are (EDITED) if any of you used their services and had a good or bad experience please let me know before I add funds to my account with them. I got a free trial of their report when I signed up and it was impressive but I don't know if all are like that. It would be great if I can join the 10% of all traders who are successful.

This is a copy of the report I got, I don't know how to show it but I attached it

Thanks

Attachments

• report.JPG
    report.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 796
Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I'm more interested in why 90% (apparently) of all traders can't spell "lose" . . . :)

Given the general illiteracy of the website ("uncanning accuracy"?), I'd be cautious.

lol ... and one often wonders about the intentions of a once only poster who asks about some fantastic new, no effort required, trading web site or system.

Note to big_trader: you may be a genuine new trader (big_trader? why?) but you may also be spamming us with another "great" trading service.

I assure you I am not a spammer, I am just looking for views of other traders if any who had experiences with this company as it is new to me. It seems too good seeing that you know the high or low in the market even before it reaches there but I am looking for help before I fund the account with them to get their reports.

marks out of 10..about 7/10 for the extra little nuances of little lamb lost ...yours 'unconvinced from Seenitallbeforesvill'

But wait there's more, if you call know you will receive the bassomatic. This handy device can turn a bass into a healthy drink in 2 seconds. (Operators are waiting for your call)

A couple of things have caught my attention from the above screenshot:

1) What is the point in having a slogan that says "For Traders Who Are Serious About Making Money" because I have yet to meet one who isnt

2) Any service that is "Projecting" the high or low (which really means "Predicting") is doomed to fail in my view because I have never met anyone who has this ability. All the successful traders I know of dont make predictions they "React" to what the market is doing.

Paul

Trader333 said:
A couple of things have caught my attention from the above screenshot:

1) What is the point in having a slogan that says "For Traders Who Are Serious About Making Money" because I have yet to meet one who isnt

2) Any service that is "Projecting" the high or low (which really means "Predicting") is doomed to fail in my view because I have never met anyone who has this ability. All the successful traders I know of dont make predictions they "React" to what the market is doing.

Paul

1) found one :cheesy:

No proof it is lack the resources

Hybrid Thread

In order for one big trader to gain on a hundred contracts, you need ten small traders to lose (LOSE) on ten contracts each.
big_trader said:
It may seem strange but 90% of all traders loose because they lack the resources the 10% of all winning traders have.
Bull!

again, that seems to be disturbed logic as well.

can win/lose differing amounts on different contracts...

big_trader said:
It may seem strange but 90% of all traders loose because they lack the resources the 10% of all winning traders have.
Yes indeed; that certainly _would_ seem "strange"!

-oo0(GoldTrader) said:
In order for one big trader to gain on a hundred contracts, you need ten small traders to lose (LOSE) on ten contracts each.
That's no more sensible either, I'm afraid.

Oh dear ... this thread has really "got the makings", hasn't it? :)

"1) What is the point in having a slogan that says "For Traders Who Are Serious About Making Money" because I have yet to meet one who isnt"

That seems to be the line trotted out by a lot of seminar propaganda when dealing with the possible phsycological problems of the trader. I doubt whether anyone really serious about making money would
take up trading in the first place. The best way seems to be to buy property.

Traders are a special breed and most have a streak of gambling in them. I have no illusions about myself.
Although I limit my possible losses as much as possible there is always the thought of whether I have made the right move running through my head. There is an element of chance in all businesses, of course, but short term trading is especially fraught with risk. With the buying of shares the valid argument is that the company is,essentially, the same this week as it was last, providing nothing new has been issued by it. Interday trading is not like that. Buying cheap means that it must not get cheaper before the end of the day .Tthat is asking a lot and fundamental data does not come into it.

Split

Split

Buying cheap means that it must not get cheaper before the end of the day .Tthat is asking a lot and fundamental data does not come into it.

Intra-day trading is all about "Perceived" value and what you have stated is applicable in reverse, ie if you think something is over valued then Short it. I view it in terms of Opportunity Windows and if you miss one when something is under valued then you may get an opportunity later when it becomes over valued. During any given day you will often see one instrument move from being under valued to being over valued several times and if you time things correctly you can make a profit in each phase.

Paul

Trader333 said:
Intra-day trading is all about "Perceived" value and what you have stated is applicable in reverse, ie if you think something is over valued then Short it.

Paul

Everyone to his own and I am sure you are OK at what you are doing. Nevertheless, to consider that a share is dear and short it so as to make a profit in a day, which is what intraday is all about, is assuming a lot (IMO!). That is not to say that I am averse to trying it myself, but I accept that the risk is considerable because daily vibrations in the market are caused by incalculable factors i.e. some news item that might come in an hour and, normally have nothing to do with a fundamentally sound share. I have been assisted in reaching that conclusion by looking at a simple daily bar chart, where some shares come back 20-30 pence during a day but where the general trend is up. You will, probably, answer that I should not be selling in a generally rising market. I should be buying at the low point. This is what I do, with the difference that ,if they don't move too far away, I hold them overnight.

The short answer, Paul, is that I am no good at day trading and comfortable with what I can do, so it is best that I leave it at that.

Split

Split...

"I doubt whether anyone really serious about making money would
take up trading in the first place. The best way seems to be to buy property."

LOL.....whatever makes you think that 'trading' in property is different to trading any other type of instrument ..from what I can see people just continue to perceive property in the wrong way much of course as they did with the equities markets before a dose of reality got served up ..liquidity differences apart..

Splitlink said:
. Nevertheless, to consider that a share is dear and short it so as to make a profit in a day, which is what intraday is all about,
Split

"Dear" or "cheap" is a fundamental concept and really has no place in intraday trading. At the height of a bull market it would be difficult to make a case for very many stocks being "cheap" that would suggest that you could only trade on the short side. Does a daytrader going long on GOOG for a trade think it's cheap? I doubt it. So to say that's "what intraday is all about" is grossly misleading. But as you say each to his own.

chump said:
Split...

"I doubt whether anyone really serious about making money would
take up trading in the first place. The best way seems to be to buy property."

LOL.....whatever makes you think that 'trading' in property is different to trading any other type of instrument ..from what I can see people just continue to perceive property in the wrong way much of course as they did with the equities markets before a dose of reality got served up ..liquidity differences apart..

You don't think that there is a difference? You can't be serious!

Split

There is a major difference in trading property and that is it is not easy to liquidate positions. We have seen a major trend in recent times that has made making money easy. But I know of many people who bought into property in the early 90s and it took nearly 10 years for the property to come back up to the value it was purchased at. If you believe the Mortagage companies then there were around 1 Million people who found themselves in this negative equity trap.

Personally I prefer something that I can get in and out of very quickly but I also have to admit to owning more than one property although this is a long term investment and not comparable to trading in my view.

Paul