Fibonacci-Trader Discussion Board

trendie

Legendary member
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Fibonacci-Trader discussion board.
There have been a number of interesting threads regarding Fib-Levels, so I thought it may be a good idea to have a specific board for this fascinating subject.

Hopefully, over the next few weeks contributors can provide their personal views and strategies, such that we can decide whether we can profitably trade the retracements.

The nature of fib-levels is such that we can forward-plan, essentially posting potential trades in advance. This makes Fib-levels open to a analysis to non-fib-traders.

Im also looking forward to these discussions, and hope to be able to make some positive contributions in the near future.

Hi

I've always been very impressed by fib, not just in trading where i find it very useful but it's also pretty interesting in general ,eg nature, fib in the human body etc and also look forward to reading on this board

any takers want to discuss their fib strategy as taught by Sandy as I went on his course used it for a while but not proftably so dumped that strategy to develop my own, which does use fib levels but not in isolation but as another indicator.

Thanks PitBull !!

I think we should start afresh.
The other thing is that most of us appear to have attended Sandys course, so we have common ground.

I also am having difficulty applying the methods - so hopfully contributors can provide their understanding, resulting in all of us learning a bit more.

I am a little uncertain whether we should openly discuss Sandys specific training.
The reason for this is copyright: If we discuss enough detail, are we not giving away Sandys methods, for nothing ?

I would much prefer we use the basics of Fibs, and through a process of analysis and discussion, evolve our own consensus strategy !!

How does that sound ?

If you don't draw attention to the fact that a particular thing is direct out of his course, you'll probably be ok. No one will know what is from the course, and what is/are alternative ideas. Only those that have been on his course will know what is pertanent to Sandy.
Your choice, but just my thoughts...

Interesting thread....

How much golden proportion do you guys use....?? Most just use the typical series D
I have to agree with Chartmans thoughts, & besides as Gann said " There's nothing new under the Sun"

CJ

Thanks Chartman

Fully understand the implications, just want to talk about fibs and their effectiveness.
Maybe those using fibs as a pure trade filter, i.e. trendie and andrewmooton, would you like to post your analysis of potential trades and we can then discuss. Would be a good discussion as Im interested in fibs but I cant profit from them as pure trade setup. I need to look at market direction, strength of sectors etc..

The main problem people have in using fibs.. is correctly identifying the current degree in with to calculate retracements or projections of ratio's.

Besides most don't have a clue if the market makes a 63.4% for example.
How many times have you seen the market just go past 61.8% but stop on 63.4 or 63.6%??
63.4% tells us is working on the ratio's of Root 3... In the 63.6% its half the square root of 161.8 which is 127.2...

Just a small example on how big this subject is...
BTW there's nothing Sandy uses which has not already been mentioned on these boards....

IMHO you need to have a basic understanding of wave principle, gnomonic expansion & Arithmetic /Harmonic proportion to maximise the effectiveness of ratio's based on phi.

CJ

Last edited:
Hmmm...been trading for 20 years/Pure mathematician by training/use Fib a lot/ Never been on "Sandys course".

What on earth is gnomonic expansion? Scuse my ignorance

a320 said:
IMHO you need to have a basic understanding of wave principle, gnomonic expansion & Arithmetic /Harmonic proportion to maximise the effectiveness of ratio's based on phi.
CJ - it would be very unfair to mention such things and then fail to develop them for you agog audience further. Either on this thread or another, more suitably captioned.

Pitbull, I havent been on the course yet so I cant make any contributions yet.

Im going on 31st July so i'll probably be able to after then.

Fib/Gartley Trade Sheet

Hi,
Thought this might help some traders.

Regards

Darren

Attachments

• Fib.Gatley.xls
    234.5 KB · Views: 1,448
This is on the other fib thread and confirms why I cant use SJ's fib strategy profitably as its not VOODOO!

Waverider

I've found the difficulty in trading fibs is that you can lose money trading each of the levels such that, even if you eventually get a win you cannot recoup all your losses. Look for ways of only trading levels that are strongly confirmed by other factors / indicators etc. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious to some, but it didn't come to me for quite a while so there are bound to be others who haven't twigged it yet.

Culion

Exactly, wave. Confluence of "stuff" is the way to go and Fibs are just another indicator, not voodoo

Pitbull, I'd just like to clarify the quote of mine you're using, for the benefit of this Forum. My comments were with regard to Fibs and trading in general and were designed to help anyone trying to make sense of using Fibonacci levels. I.e. filter them with other 'stuff' as you put it.

This forum seems to be discussing Sandy Jadeja's techniques currently. I've been on Sandy's course and use his basic technique, so far, successfully. While he doesn't use 'indicators' with Fibonacci he does use other 'factors' as a filter i.e. the 2-bar reversal.

I wouldn't want my comments on the Fibonacci Forum to be taken as a negative against what he teaches.

Waverider