Fear of missing out

for info you can trade btc at city index now hunnies - min 50p pp, 50point spreads

ETX are a minimum of 10p a point but I’ve seen spreads nearer 100 points at times on there. You’d be mad to spread bet it at the moment anyway, even at 10p a point you’d need a grand in your account at least just in case. Spreads kill you short term and slippage/overnights kill you long term. However, I have been known to do some mad gambles in my time :LOL:

There are better opportunities to be fair though, If I was going to gamble a grand on one trade I’d rather leverage up £20 a point on Dow and hope for a runner.

ETX are a minimum of 10p a point but I’ve seen spreads nearer 100 points at times on there. You’d be mad to spread bet it at the moment anyway, even at 10p a point you’d need a grand in your account at least just in case. Spreads kill you short term and slippage/overnights kill you long term. However, I have been known to do some mad gambles in my time :LOL:

There are better opportunities to be fair though, If I was going to gamble a grand on one trade I’d rather leverage up £20 a point on Dow and hope for a runner.

oh i didn't know etx were doing it at 10ppp thanks. i don't want to trade it either while it is so parabolic, i fancy drip feeding into a real fart wallet and accumulating a good stink

Last edited:
oh i didn't know etx were doing it at 10ppp thanks. i don't want to trade it either while it is so parabolic, i fancy drip feeding into a real fart wallet and accumulating a good stink

Fart wallet :LOL::LOL:(y)

13k and no sign of stopping, I’m still undecided. I wonder if the futures will get hammered on Monday.

Last edited:

you have to pay the spread but cant you partially close it to a position you can sleep with?

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-supp...nd-limits/how-do-i-partially-close-a-position

Cryptocoins may stay and evolve much more in the future but the current coins including btc are useless and worthless and that's one huge bubble going around at the moment .

We are currently in the delusional phase in this bubble .

Who's offering futures on it?

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...s-launch-with-december-10-start-idUSKBN1DY1SV

you have to pay the spread but cant you partially close it to a position you can sleep with?

https://www.ig.com/uk/help-and-supp...nd-limits/how-do-i-partially-close-a-position

Of course but when spreads are usually around 75 points it’s going to be expensive. ETX also charged me £1.15 to hold a (demo) 10p a point position overnight!

Cryptocoins may stay and evolve much more in the future but the current coins including btc are useless and worthless and that's one huge bubble going around at the moment .

We are currently in the delusional phase in this bubble .

No we aren't.
People keep going on about cryptos being mainstream. They are nowhere even close to becoming mainstream, therefore we are nowhere near demand being satisfied.

Ask what value is assigned to a Bitcoin and you will not get a clear answer (if you get one at all). The Block chain is useful until the point someone can access it, then it is useless. Don't sweat it about this current gamblers sensation, if it goes to 20-30k, who cares? It's based purely on emotion with no logic - the creator is unknown so obviously has full access it and your bitcoins, it's unregulated, used mostly for transactions people want kept off the record. It reminds me on the Dot Com hype which I never bought in to that either, and now it's being mentioned everywhere and everyone and his dog are buying it with no trading experience whatsoever, it is usually the time for topping - if you feel the need to trade it, trade it by all means, but do it in a regulated environment, ie, futures, sb etc. When you've been in this game for as long as me, you tend not to excited about anything, certainly not made up currency of no value apart from the hyper marketeers who are promoting it - there are much less riskier ways of making money.

Its definitely a hype and a bubble , any decent trader would have detected that .

Does that mean that the blockchain isn't useful or has no future ? Not at all , but even a world wide adoption doesnt warrant the current prices .

Current coins - including bitcoin scam - aside from pure speculation are useless and worthless old fashioned coins and its clear as a blue sky to me that its a bubble , however no one knows where the top would be and it may take sometime to pop .

Yeah I keep saying there are better and less riskier opportunities out there but still. It’s funny how I always feel worse if I miss out on big money than if I lose money actual money.

Its definitely a hype and a bubble , any decent trader would have detected that .

Wouldn’t the same trader also spot an opportunity to make some cash before the bubble pops? It seems a lot (not all) of the experienced guys have dismissed it entirely, which maybe says enough.

If I feel the urge to buy some crypto I will know it is about to crash.
S0d's law etc.
Can one short it ?

If I feel the urge to buy some crypto I will know it is about to crash.
S0d's law etc.

I literally just said that to a friend of mine, he bought in a couple days ago. He’s making profits and I’m sat out.

Futures start trading on December 10th

Wouldn’t the same trader also spot an opportunity to make some cash before the bubble pops? It seems a lot (not all) of the experienced guys have dismissed it entirely, which maybe says enough.

A decent trader have access to similar speculative action in stocks and options , nothing new here in bitcoin for him .

Bubble phases .
168428d1385220916-bitcoin-online-fad-future-bubble-phases.jpg
:D