Facebook shares

There's a chance of Facebook being admitted into the Nasdaq 100 from August 18th, as Nasdaq changed the rules to 3 months to entice Facebook to list with them. So after the fiasco of the opening day and dire three months of trading so far I'm sure Nasdaq will be keen to give them a chance to get some of the pension fund money and index trackers that only buy the stocks in the large indexes. After all institutional money is what really moves stocks the most.

So I'm waiting to see if it gets into the Nasdaq 100 in the next week or so, as that would open up a much larger pool of capital for them and help stabalise it possibly.

Yesterday the n.o of shares available to trade increased by 60%. I think the increase was 279million. Get this though..... in November the employees, who are sitting on massive unrealized gains, can sell more than 1 BILLION.

What if this is the mother of all short squeezes to make the staff sell the shares on instead of mortgaging them...

scose tin hat patented theory

I can't remember the name of the company but they are currently sitting on losses of $2.4 Billion on their FB position.

Zuckerberg's net worth is down by nearly $10 Billion from $20 ish. I don't care if you still are worth 10 Bil, that hurts like hell!

Facebook are dragging down my VOCS shares, as they are considered a social media stock.

Most annoying.

around $19 now. It's a good company, but don't worth too much. Seems they have progress on mobility ad.Hope that can surprise us.

Here is the rest of Facebook's lock up schedule (in million) :

133914.include

What it means is : starting october 15 and going into 2013 there will be more and more shares avalaible to sell.

There was only 421 millions shares available in the starting IPO (+ 271 millions on the 8/16/2012) and the price already crashed.

More than 1,7 billion shares will hit the market in the coming months (most of them are equity from employees that will be free to sell on 11/14/2012).

What do you think will happens when the number of shares avalaible for sale will go from 700 millions to more than 2 billions in a short period of time ? :LOL:

FB started at around 100 x earnings. Now it is around 60 x earnings. With your average company trading around 15x earnings, it can go a lot lower. In my book, anyone buying FB before 2013 and the end of the lock up period is crazy.

Needless to say, I am short FB. :LOL:

One should not confuse feelings with trading but still... There's nothing feeling as good as making money while shorting a company you hate. :whistling

FB : Easiest trade of the year.

Hi all. I'm new to the site.

With FB up 2 points today and the lock out period coming soon, is it worth shorting at the moment? Or have I missed the boat?

I wouldn't take a long or short, let Facebook establish some fundamentals and let the market establish a price, then think about it.

Yeah it is ver volatile. My only thoughts round it are that with the lockout period coming up, that the price will plunge again.

The boat may have kinda sailed but I've been telling my colleague, I reckon buy between $15-$18. Complete punt mind!! :)

FFS ok here's the situation. Most people initially expected facebook to be priced at $16-$18 per share on a lot less float. Clearly $38 on 421m shares is insane. Most people have facebook's fair value in the range $15-$20. However, a lot said even if it came down to that level they woudln't buy it until they had a clearer idea of fb's revenue growth plans. Incase you missed it, old ZB did just that a few days ago. So now, they are not going to try and develop a mobile device, that's a plus. There is approxiamtely 1 FB account for every 8 or so people on this rather quaint but beautiful planet. Profit was up somewhere between 60-70%, i forget the actual number. Think they also have around $10bn in their little piggy bank. Sure I read somewhere that FB handles around 1bn search queries per day. Point being people USE facebook. Someone smart will figure out how to monetize some of that use, in fact, I'm 100% certain someone smart is working on that right now.

So the ceo (ZB) has finally said something and whilst nothing revolutionary, don't underestimate how much reassurance someone at the top of a firm that is in the firing line coming out and reaffirming where the company stands and where it wants to go influences institutional investors. Afterall, it's not retail investors like you and me (well, you actually....that's a big hint!) that influences where the price goes over the long term, it is your large institutionals that do.

Now do you understand, why I was saying to my "colleague" that it might be worth buying in that range????????