Facebook shares

Rich1983

Hey guys, been a while since i've been on here but I been watching facebook shares and now that theyve hit a new low im contemplating buying a few to hold for a while.
Anyone think its a good or bad time to buy?

Hey guys, been a while since i've been on here but I been watching facebook shares and now that theyve hit a new low im contemplating buying a few to hold for a while.
Anyone think its a good or bad time to buy?

Where would you be if you did that the last time it hit a new low? How do you know this will be the lowest low? The trend is down. IMO, not a good time to buy.

Most people thought it was a steal at the opening price on IPO day.

Just a few things to think about.

Peter

i don't trade many individual stocks, but when I do I usually use ichimoku kinko hyo to guide me

current ichimoku cloud suggests no buy until at least above 33.64

there may be some short-term mileage in a risky Long to close yesterday's Gap,
but for me, this is still very much negative

um $23~ well, looks lower than the beginning. but nowdays the trend is not good as we expected. So maybe don't rush,calm down.

Thanks for the comments guys, i'll stay away from this stock for a while and see how it goes

Thanks for the comments guys, i'll stay away from this stock for a while and see how it goes

Hopefully you did just that!

Still going down. New low today.
At this point in time there is really no upside. Sooner or later it will hit a point where investors feel it is at fair value but all you would be doing is guessing where that will be. The point is there is never good value in buying a stock that is falling no matter how "low" it looks.

Peter

Isn't there a mandated waiting period that expires this week or the next?

It's called the "Lock up" period. I'm not sure of all the details but I believe the company insiders can't sell until 90 days after the IPO date, which would be around August 18.

Peter

the lockup period must really suck, i mean you must be sat there pulling your hair out for 90 days as your money halves.

Hopefully you did just that!

Still going down. New low today.
At this point in time there is really no upside. Sooner or later it will hit a point where investors feel it is at fair value but all you would be doing is guessing where that will be. The point is there is never good value in buying a stock that is falling no matter how "low" it looks.

Peter

I didn't buy it, I had a think about what you said in your 1st reply and I done a bit more research on it and came to the conclusion that I rushed into thinking it was at bottom and chances are It'll go lower again at the end of august.
tbh I feel a bit of a dick when I think that I would have rushed into buying it after doing more research on it and listening to the replies on here.
Anyway valuable lessons learnt and plenty more to learn in future no doubt.

The end of the lockup period may push the stock a little lower, but I can't imagine very many of the insiders selling their shares at a time that the stock has plummeted so low.

If you're looking to hold onto the stock long term, by all means... though I'd probably wait for the bottom to hit... which should be pretty soon.

Avoid at all costs......

FB is signing Third world users by the bucketful but losing the same rate of users from First world Countries......
$5 by year end if you're lucky....

Apparantly California has been complaining that it now has to re calculate it's budget thanks to the FB share price collapse.

Facebook could have been at $1000 and the tax take would still have been a drop in debtpile the bucket for those spendthrifts.