Rant

The problem is most people have a diverse range of friends and family. It's therefore unlikely that everyone is going to find a post interesting, and that tends to result in posting to the lowest common denominator.

Time will tell if the idea is sustainable. I assume that longer term in order to survive they'll need to implement some form of machine learning to allow users to automatically filter incoming content from their networks. To give an extreme example, I might not want to see my mothers 150 thousandth photograph of a stray cat that visits her home, but I would like to know if she'd been rushed into hospital.. That kind if thing !

I don't get this mania. I must be getting bloody old!

I think that emails are great. I don't have to buy stamps and communication is instant. Er, well! I always was a lousy letter answerer and I don't look at my mailbox every day but, still, fairly quick. Twitter and Facebook, apart from the dangers expressed in your video, is a waste of valuable time.

I don't get this mania. I must be getting bloody old!

I think that emails are great. I don't have to buy stamps and communication is instant. Er, well! I always was a lousy letter answerer and I don't look at my mailbox every day but, still, fairly quick. Twitter and Facebook, apart from the dangers expressed in your video, is a waste of valuable time.

As far as I can see Facebook is just an upgraded version of that awful Christmas and other anniversary event: the round robin e-mail. Just the sort of thing that kids like, but honestly, one day they do grow up and leave their toys behind!