facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

Roflcopter.gif

F**k me this thread is lulz gold :LOL:

That's what you get with bucketshops and spreadbettors.

Peter

Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus the fact that I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.

Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.

Yeah, write it off, sit back and enjoy the lulz :cheesy:
And I'm being quite serious :)

Ignore, ETX are a good broker! Its purely due to the huge volume at the moment and the automated systems cant handle it. Guy sat next to me cant even get filled on a demo account!! -

Is there actually an alternative given that I want to short the shares? Plus the fact that I'm in the UK and these are US stocks maybe complicates things re using a stockbroker.

Try cityindex , or try binary options with "anyoption" ( dont know if they are trust worthy ) they now have facebook binary options ( intraday , daily , weekly , monthly ) reward 71 risk 85 :whistling

Thanks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on ETX. It was a blind choice whether I used ETX or City Index - neither is my usual broker. I'll look at anyoption.

Thanks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on ETX. It was a blind choice whether I used ETX or City Index - neither is my usual broker. I'll look at anyoption.

There's very little chance of actually shorting the stock. There just isn't any to borrow and most brokers simply won't bother to find any for you on opening day. That's normal for any large IPO.

Peter

Well, I'm out. It's a beautiful day here so I'm going to close up shop on this week and go enjoy the rest of today!

Catch everyone next week!

Peter

Had three trades through City. All referred to dealer and delayed, but worked eventually.

Yeah, write it off, sit back and enjoy the lulz :cheesy:
And I'm being quite serious :)

Technically correct! By sometime its nice to forget your system... Put a little money aside that your prepared to lose, and have a punt on markets like these! **** it, its friday!

Interesting end to IG's grey market !

They were showing a market Capitalisation of $129.5 billion starting the day yesterday which was a kind of a guess from punters. It closed at a real world price of $106.8 billion which is a 17.5% reduction.

:cheesy: Some punters made a killing ! And probably visa versa too :LOL:

Yes, $75 open was forecast.

Sometimes I feel that people like to assume that there are lots of muppets out there because it gives them a warm feeling that they and their friends are not like that. But if they look around at people they know, they wouldn't say any of them are muppets. So based on the sample of the people they know, why do they think there are is a greater proportion of muppets in the world as a whole?

Still there clearly were people out there who believed the price would go up (and some still do Video: Telegraph view: Expect Facebook share price to climb - Telegraph)