facebook IPO 18th May Predictions

hello
ipo range is $28 to $35 dollars a share, why do you want to get in contact with people selling at $45 dollars.

hello
ipo range is $28 to $35 dollars a share, why do you want to get in contact with people selling at $45 dollars.

I can't see how we are going to be able to get it for 25-35 dollars....most of the initial investors and brokers would have got ti for that price and would sell it to us for higher.

Say they sold it to me for 45 but ti went up to 100 on the day ....iw ould mind losing out on teh inital 10 dollar difference to get more profit than that at the end of it.

does it not worry you that at $45 dollars a share the company will be valued well north of $100 billion with earnings of around $1 billion. it's a very young company with little trading history. do you have any idea how they double earnings next year and double them again over the years after that, because they need to to justify the market cap.
maybe you are looking to hold for just days/weeks to try and make 20% to 50%. high risk and in my opinion not worth it.

does it not worry you that at $45 dollars a share the company will be valued well north of $100 billion with earnings of around $1 billion. it's a very young company with little trading history. do you have any idea how they double earnings next year and double them again over the years after that, because they need to to justify the market cap.
maybe you are looking to hold for just days/weeks to try and make 20% to 50%. high risk and in my opinion not worth it.

P/E 100 to 1? Sounds about right for a dotcom IPO. :LOL:

i'm just looking fora day trrade! just on the opening day and thats it :) then looking for a good old long sell after that!

i'm just looking fora day trrade! just on the opening day and thats it :) then looking for a good old long sell after that!

I think this is what a lot of people will do come May 18th. It seems a little risky. But the general sentiment about this stock is that it will rise. Why fight that kind of optimism?

I think this is what a lot of people will do come May 18th. It seems a little risky. But the general sentiment about this stock is that it will rise. Why fight that kind of optimism?

Cannot say anything about Face Book yet sine all will depend on the perception of the trades and the trading volumes that happen on the 18th May :cheesy:

Regardless what everyone on here says, the demand is going to be huge for this IPO. Even if it is considered overvalued (I don't think it is), sheer speculation and volume will drive this one skyward.

As a small investor though, I think you'll struggle hugely trying to come by any of this stock, and by the time you do, all the fun will be over.

Good luck.

The Facebook IPO is a little bit interesting all right.
Just after logging into to my IGIndex account for the first time in about 2 years to have a look after getting an email talking about the Facebook IPO. (I'm surprised that my account is still working and I still have a positive account balance :eek::) )

Anyway it seems that you trade Facebook already with IG in some sort of a grey market. Up until sometime tonight, and then it launches properly.

In my opinion I'd stay well clear of Facebook on it's first day. But it will still be a bit interesting !

agree.........

my take of this hype it'll cost less then 10 a couple of years from now

pity one can not short this stock first three days

agree.........

my take of this hype it'll cost less then 10 a couple of years from now

pity one can not short this stock first three days

You kind of can short the stock with IGIndex's grey market offering until roughly 14:30 today !

Their grey market is based on a market capitalisation figure rather than share price. And at the moment they have it valued at $130.7 billion which is somewhere over $40 per share. Which is more than the launch price.

After that I'm not sure what IG are planning.

You kind of can short the stock with IGIndex's grey market offering until roughly 14:30 today !

Their grey market is based on a market capitalisation figure rather than share price. And at the moment they have it valued at $130.7 billion which is somewhere over $40 per share. Which is more than the launch price.

After that I'm not sure what IG are planning.

I would have thought that as marketmakers SBs can allow shorting if it's their risk. Might be a bad idea to try, though, if there's going to be a huge spike up.:)

You can short it with binary options at "anyoption"

I'd like to buy right at opening but after seeing linkedin's chart....im a bit scared to now.

LinkedIn IPO: shares double on first day - May. 19, 2011

Looks like linkedin went up a bit then dropped and went up again. My worry is buying right at the start and seeing yourself get stopped out from your stop loss....then to see it go up massively and kick yourself in the face....so im still 50/50 when to buy! but im defo buying today!!!