Esoteric Methods

cs99rrf said:
I refuse to be written off before even getting started. I've only started my learning about 4 weeks ago. Were you a consistent trader in such a short time ? I doubt it very much.

Cheers

:D :D :D

Also, you'd expect to find encouragement and advise on forums like this. i did not expect cynicism. I hope this is not the norm.

Thanks
:D :D :D

Originally Posted by ottos
I am trying to be helpful here and mean no disrespect . Based on your replies in this tread you have no ability to" get it ". Numerous posters tried hard but you have always came back with total nonsense . Forget trading, look for government job.
Good luck

Don't want to get personal but this appears to be a pretty harsh comment which doesn't contribute anything useful to what, so far, has been a very interesting thread,

This topic, in my opinion, has elicited some thought provoking responses from a wide selection of the experienced members on this board & it seems to me the threadstarter's replies have been honest, as someone who recently got interested in trading & polite in respect to those who have parted with their knowledge & opinions - so the dismissal of his potential trading abilities seems somewhat unwarranted & unjustified to me .... :confused:

Socrates - have you considered writing a book ? No false flattery intended - I thought your original post (23/3/05) was spot on & considering the trading books I have bought & read, this was a far more direct & pragmatic account of how one should view the market :D

trendie said:
Hope you have filled out the correct forms to be able to say that.
And in triplicate.

Seriously,
Since 85% of traders lose. If you encourage losing players to leave the game, you are left with an increased proportion of more sophisticated and knowledgable players.
Thus, your position in the game becomes more difficult.

You should be encouraging bad players to play more often with more money.
Otherwise, sooner or later, you become part of the 85%.

We wouldnt want that, now would we?

edit: its the people who "dont get it" that gives the 15% their profits.

lol , triplicate it is. You are absolutely correct, I just couldn't stand his mindless drivell.

Chimaera said:
Stop blabbing and get on with it. In the end there's nothing to talk about once you've started being serious about you're trading.
Some like to blab. Some like to tell others what they should be doing. Takes all sorts.

Most of us on here like to blab - obviously.

The problem with the puritanical approach (can't be serious unless you 'appear' to be serious) is a throwback and limits many people in reaching their full potential. Happens to a lot of bods as they get more 'into' anything - they take themselves way too seriously. Only when you're fully relaxed in who you are and what you are, and are happy to discuss openly what others 'feel' should not - can you truly say you're serious - but in a totally non-serious way.

Plus hiding behind the 'nothing to talk about' is a cop-out. And quite frankly, for those who want to duck down (arf) behind that one probably wandered into this site by mistake. Or just want to lurk to find out what it is they really don't know. That's fine - either way.

Make sense? Not yet? Don't worry...AND....

Don't let us stop you being quietly successful elsewhere though.... :cool:

BTW - It's Heidy not Heidi....Steidlmayer

Chimaera,

I make mistakes when I over-trade, and over-analyse once in a position.
Blabbing helps me to distract myself once in a position, and helps the day pass quicker.

(the probelm with EOD or intra-day using 30-min bars is that there is a LOT of time in-between trades)

(I agree with TheBramble, some people take themselves too seriously, and its nice to wind people up, now and again)

Hope you had a successful trading week, and wish you well for next week.

It does appear that sometimes people fail to differentiate between useful discussion and T2W Lounge chat or Private Messages.
I think that if some people were standing in front of a crowd of 30,000 people who are listening in, then they might be a little more selective in what they said.
Personally I find it tedious to have to wade through post after post of banter from people with nothing else to do, in order to find something worth reading and perhaps responding to.
Likewise posts from newbies who can't be bothered to search for previous discussions of a topic and end up with off-the-cuff responses from a few passing bods at the time.
If I am not trading, then I am looking for the next trade. Otherwise I do voluntary charity work or domestic stuff. And after that I browse T2W and maybe post a brief note.
A phrase we used to use at work was "What's the most important thing I should be doing now ?"

Glenn