Apricity Currency Journal

Apricity

4 1
About Me:

I'm an independent currency trader using technical analysis and some macro data to find day trading opportunities and occasional swing trades.

I don't listen to other peoples analysis, opinions or views of the market as I find that a distraction and negative to my own decision making process. I have my own methods combined with established technical analysis methods available.

About Apricity Currency Journal:

This journal is my opinion of the market and the analysis that I'm using to establish possible trading opportunities. It is by no means a trade recommendation or financial advice thread and should not be used or promoted as such.

My analysis and trading decisions will be posted and updated within 5 minutes of trade execution or amendment for my own personal journal and for interested readers.

Apricity

Reactions: Forexmospherian

Apricity

4 1
EUR/USD: Possible Swing Trade

EUR/USD: After an initial dip the pair continued to trade higher (within wave c of the triangle).

The bullish key day reversal bar on Thursday is seen as a continuation pattern and it argues for more buying within the short term, so look for a similar price action as yesterday with an initial dip (i.e. intraday traders should be looking to pick up a few euros on this dip 1.0789-75) and thereafter another move higher.

The triangle scenario calls for the move higher to stall in the 1.0920-40 area. If the price action gives signals of weakness here, then shorts can be established for the wave d and e of the triangle.

Resistance 1.0830 1.0846/49 1.0940 1.0986

Support 1.0775 1.0733 1.0666 1.06224

Attachments

• 2015-04-24_13-01-40.jpg
    2015-04-24_13-01-40.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 127

Apricity

4 1
US DOLLAR INDEX: Directional Viewpoint

US DOLLAR INDEX: Instead of the triangular consolidation that €/$ is tracing out the $ index seems to be following the path of a so called double zigzag (two upon each other following a-b-c corrections) and as such probably is targeting the 95/96-area (where the bull trend is seen resuming).

A move below 97.00 will further enhance such an outcome but today it has rejected off the 88.6% for an intra-day or multi-day bounce after yesterday bear-flag breakout.

An alternative outcome is of course that we will remain in the current range hence creating a triangle.

Attachments

• di.jpg
    di.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 117

Apricity

4 1
EUR/USD: After an initial dip the pair continued to trade higher (within wave c of the triangle).

The bullish key day reversal bar on Thursday is seen as a continuation pattern and it argues for more buying within the short term, so look for a similar price action as yesterday with an initial dip (i.e. intraday traders should be looking to pick up a few euros on this dip 1.0789-75) and thereafter another move higher.

The triangle scenario calls for the move higher to stall in the 1.0920-40 area. If the price action gives signals of weakness here, then shorts can be established for the wave d and e of the triangle.

Resistance 1.0830 1.0846/49 1.0940 1.0986

Support 1.0775 1.0733 1.0666 1.06224

EUR/USD:

Sell Limits @ 1.0920 & 1.0940

Stops 1.0990

Target 1.0670

(Sell limits stay in place over the weekend and into the new week)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock