Medium-term Stock Spread Betting Journal

Current Positions

Well not good... LOG.L crash was a hit and the general market drawdown has had it's usual effect on the position trades. Anyway, i'm off on holiday for a week, so i've done my usual thing and tightened my automated stops. Here's hoping the market gets less "news" jittery...

HTML:
Long  PSON.L age:  49 days  current: 1153.0 (P/L:  2.4%) stop: 1069.0
Long  DNO.L  age:  38 days  current:  670.8 (P/L:  1.9%) stop:  627.9
Long  FENR.L age:  36 days  current:  410.1 (P/L:  7.7%) stop:  361.7
Long  DGE.L  age:  28 days  current: 1249.5 (P/L: -1.1%) stop: 1200.0

Account: £940 (YTD: -6%)

Positions Closed

Well those tighter stops took 2 out while I was away, shame as they've shot up since, but hey I couldn't take the risk.

DGE.L P/L: -2.32%
PSON.L P/L: +0.79%

Current Positions

Well embarrassingly bad at the moment, but so is the market. Limiting exposure until the right time and scaling position size back.

Long FENR.L age: 50 days current: 387.7 (P/L: 2.5%) stop: 361.7

Account: £840 (YTD: -16%)

New Positions

Strong charts, good fundamentals and buy from dip.

GKN.L 229 target: 260 stop: 217.4
CIU.L 562 target: 650 stop: 522.8
ELM.L 164 target: 200 stop: 155.8

New Position

Good strong chart, fundamentals good.

SNR.L 189.3 target: 210 stop: 180

End game...

Well lots stopped out...
This market is not for me at the moment, so standing to the side. Apologies I have not lived up to those other journals around me turning 10k into 100k in months, you guys must be geniuses...!

Cheers!

End game...

Well lots stopped out...
This market is not for me at the moment, so standing to the side. Apologies I have not lived up to those other journals around me turning 10k into 100k in months, you guys must be geniuses...!

Cheers!

You're not the only one the markets have been chopping up this summer! Being out of the market could be a wise decision if you're getting conflicting signals.

You're not the only one the markets have been chopping up this summer! Being out of the market could be a wise decision if you're getting conflicting signals.

looking at the market today looks like I got out at the right time! phew!