Esoteric Methods

Trdr said:
No Split, I don't use all those lines, just a couple of sets moved once the price hits, but I do like seeing the price cut when it's topped or bottomed.

Maybe we'll talk again, sometime, on another thread. This one is about esoterics and the talk is a bit out of my depth! Let's be honest! :eek:

Must be the Easter holiday.

Split

a320 said:
Possibly a hint of Ouspensky in the mix............:?:

You missed out Gurdieffsky (sp).
What has theosophy got to do with trading ? Unless it is a hint at "channelling". :)

Chakras anyone?

trendie said:
You missed out Gurdieffsky (sp).
What has theosophy got to do with trading ? Unless it is a hint at "channelling". :)

Chakras anyone?
Gurdjieff.

Yes. God is a channel. And when you go outside of the channel, she punishes you. Either with profits (prohets?) or losses. Arf!

What has theosophy to do with trading? Depends on what your 'God'; is and what you consider the 'soul' to be. I don't see trading as separate to anything else in my life. Theosophy has as much/as little to do with that as with anything else.

As for Chakras - I only take a trade when they're all rotating in the same direction.

trendie your last post reminds me of some A P Sinnett scribes ...

Maybe Fulcanelli would cast some light , or even Michael Maier ....

Last edited:
a320 said:
trendie your last post reminds me of some A P Sinnett scribes ...

Maybe Fulcanelli would cast some light on your question .... :?:

thanks, a320.

something to ponder on a future rainy day, perhaps.
(alchemy was once a passion for me - but all I have to show for it is a garage full of lead.)

I'm just a fool on a windy pathein :eek: ;)

Maybe Alice Bailey (Volumes I and II) could be add to the mix as well :?:

(Edited after tendies latest post...)

Although Marsilio Ficino & Johann Trithemius should get a mention

There's a few names on this thread for googling...

Last edited:
trendie said:
What has theosophy got to do with trading?
Come to think of it, what have Gurdjieff and Ouspensky got to do with theosophy, anyway?

trendie said:
Chakras anyone?
Very kind of you ... but I'm trying to give them up.

cs99rrf said:
At the same time I believe there is no holy grail.

:D :D :D

First of all , holy grail exists .
Second, if you do not believe in existence of something ultimately esoteric as " holy grail " surely is, why do you bother to ask about other insignificant esoteric small stuff ?

ottos said:
First of all , holy grail exists .
Second, if you do not believe in existence of something ultimately esoteric as " holy grail " surely is, why do you bother to ask about other insignificant esoteric small stuff ?

I think you missed my point. I meant the Holy Grail purely in a metaphorical sense in the context of trading.

Cheers

The Holy Grail does indeed exist - but it exists within oneself. Consequently, it is different for each of us.
It is not an objective external "thing".
I believe it is a state of mind.
Hence, the need to get your "head sorted" first.

thanks trendie i agree m8 every trader has a holy grail ..traders are always chaseing there personal one ..whatever that may be

spunkyblonde said:
thanks trendie i agree m8 every trader has a holy grail ..traders are always chaseing there personal one ..whatever that may be

thats why one traders style is sometimes difficult for another trader to follow.
the style you choose must be in empathy with your personality.
(and that is why, I believe, given the same rules different traders get different results.
In the extreme cases, some traders will struggle to follow rules. Because those rules are in conflict with their personality / inner beliefs.)

Its a mind-game.

cs99rrf said:
I think you missed my point. I meant the Holy Grail purely in a metaphorical sense in the context of trading.

Cheers

I am trying to be helpful here and mean no disrespect . Based on your replies in this tread you have no ability to" get it ". Numerous posters tried hard but you have always came back with total nonsense . Forget trading, look for government job.
Good luck .

ottos said:
I am trying to be helpful here and mean no disrespect . Based on your replies in this tread you have no ability to" get it ". Numerous posters tried hard but you have always came back with total nonsense . Forget trading, look for government job.
Good luck .

Hope you have filled out the correct forms to be able to say that.
And in triplicate.

Seriously,
Since 85% of traders lose. If you encourage losing players to leave the game, you are left with an increased proportion of more sophisticated and knowledgable players.
Thus, your position in the game becomes more difficult.

You should be encouraging bad players to play more often with more money.
Otherwise, sooner or later, you become part of the 85%.

We wouldnt want that, now would we?

edit: its the people who "dont get it" that gives the 15% their profits.

ottos said:
Good luck .

I refuse to be written off before even getting started. I've only started my learning about 4 weeks ago. Were you a consistent trader in such a short time ? I doubt it very much.

Cheers