esignal Marketcenter! (doesn't work)

Ghost Dog

If you are thinking of using this for UK intraday, don't. It doesn't work.

For some reason they haven't explained, the US works, the DAX works, but the FTSE index and stocks keep breaking down.

Is there a gap in the market for a Java-based, cheap and cheerful, real-time feed? From Europe, with European tech support. One that works.

Anything out there? Not these:

http://www.prorealtime.com/en/

FTSE isn't part of their world indices package. But that powerhouse of world finance the Belgian stock market is.

Hiya,

They do seem to be having problems again. When it works it's great and they do try hard in support. Give them a bit more time to sort it out. I really think this IS the cheap java app you want :) It's still a new product remember.

Helen, I know, I'm trying to be patient, but it did take them 3 days the last time.

I'm annoyed because it IS the thing I'm looking for...if I didn't really want it I'd have cancelled it by now. Have to hope they are serious I suppose.

Ghost Dog said:
For some reason they haven't explained, the US works, the DAX works, but the FTSE index and stocks keep breaking down.

We are working on hunting down the reason why this issue is so selective. Please keep an eye on this eSignalCentral thread as once we have more information, we'll be sure to update this area first.

FTSE isn't part of their world indices package. But that powerhouse of world finance the Belgian stock market is.

The FTSE is a regulated index by the LIFFE. It's their policy that one has to subscribe to the exchange in order to get the data, and thus it cannot be part of the World Indices package.

OK Jay, thanks for keeping on top of it. It's working OK today.

The other issue -

I was talking about prorealtime, a European provider who don't even offer the option of buying the FTSE cash index or future.

No, it really doesn't work. You turn it on and expect it not to work. What a great service.

Cancelling today.

Consistently, the FTSE doesn't work intraday, while everything else does. Says a lot about their priorities.