EliteTrader VS Trade2win

. . . Please tell me why people like Mr FL was allowed to flout the CC rules of this forum and NOT get banned much sooner? Please clarify this point for me?
Larry,
I have spelled out my position regarding Moderation as clearly as I can - I'm afraid there's not much more that I can add. If fl flouted the rules and was reported to the Mods - then they will have taken action. In the unlikely event that reports were made and the appropriate action was not taken - then that's an issue you'll have to take up with the Mods themselves. I repeat - hopefully for the last time - I am not a Moderator and take no part in their activities. I trust that's crystal clear!
Tim.

Hi Tim

Do you know how much City index pay to advertise on here?

Tim

I shouldn't give this guy the satisfaction of engaging. He's just loooking for ways to damage T2W. He and his gang must be extremely miffed that T2W is still going strong after all the years that have passed since they scuttled off and foretold its immediate demise.

They make the odd feeble attempt to inflict damage such is their childish mentality and this is but the latest.

Tim

I shouldn't give this guy the satisfaction of engaging. He's just loooking for ways to damage T2W. He and his gang must be extremely miffed that T2W is still going strong after all the years that have passed since they scuttled off and foretold its immediate demise.

They make the odd feeble attempt to inflict damage such is their childish mentality and this is but the latest.

Not a new problem is it Jon. The difference these days is in the implementation of the CC. Yesteryear, these clowns would have been gone in an instant.

Reet, better things to do than waste time on this.

Tim

I wouldn't call the attempt feeble. While other sites are doing pretty much as well as they have since April (when FL registered), t2w has been in steady decline. Letting this sort of thing go on in the assumption that it increases the number of clicks, time spent on site, number of page views and so on, or that it makes no difference re web traffic, is not supported.

The free speech contingent may cheer the lack of moderation, but it is not good business.

. . .The free speech contingent may cheer the lack of moderation, but it is not good business.
Hi dbp,
As it happens, I'm going to be chatting to Sharky later this week on this and other issues. Rest assured I'll pass on your sentiment.
Tim.

Hi dbp,
As it happens, I'm going to be chatting to Sharky later this week on this and other issues. Rest assured I'll pass on your sentiment.
Tim.

You needn't bother. He has the webstats. If he's happy with them, my "sentiment" is irrelevant.

You needn't bother. He has the webstats. If he's happy with them, my "sentiment" is irrelevant.
No need to be so modest dbp. Besides, it doesn't really suit you!
:p
I've not seen the webstats but, even assuming that Sharky has, joining the dots and linking them to fl, Larry and their ilk is something he may not have considered. So, in this regard, I think your sentiment is relevant. For the record, your comment that "Letting this sort of thing go on in the assumption that it increases the number of clicks, time spent on site, number of page views . . ." is an assumption of your own. In the case of fl, it's incorrect.
Tim.

well i guess we know now FL wasn't some plant put in by T2W to flood the forums with endless posts.
Hard to believe it was one guy making 50+ posts per day....I would watch that movie

Bbye Larry. Till next nic...time :D

44dd2c14cff5cbe52d9120183d5e72ef--beautiful-sunset-beautiful-places.jpg

well i guess we know now FL wasn't some plant put in by T2W to flood the forums with endless posts.
Hard to believe it was one guy making 50+ posts per day....I would watch that movie

Not a lot else to do in the pub all day ?

Hi dbp,
Tim.

Well done Tim.

Its a healthy aspect of a forum that posted ideas and opinions can be challenged. A major reason for me to use T2W is to draw a critical view of my own conclusions on trading - an acid test if you like to see whether they really are valid, or maybe whether they can be improved and developed. Criticism is good when you work alone.

But its been the case for the last few months that it is the integrity and intentions of the poster which are challenged, not the validity of the posted content. I know you have helpfully intervened with regards this and some notable posters have departed, but nevertheless it seems debate on trading has been suppressed.

I don't personally care if some poster I don't even know, like or respect thinks I might be a fool, or even a dishonest fool. But their contributions here have undermined healthy debate and I dare say many old and new members are discouraged, one might say intimidated.

If matters don't immediately improve I'll take a 6 month break from the site.

I share those thoughts, Tomo. Things will certainly improve now that the culprits have taken a bath but fingers will need to hover over thr red flag in case they creep back.

No need to be so modest dbp. Besides, it doesn't really suit you!
:p
I've not seen the webstats but, even assuming that Sharky has, joining the dots and linking them to fl, Larry and their ilk is something he may not have considered. So, in this regard, I think your sentiment is relevant. For the record, your comment that "Letting this sort of thing go on in the assumption that it increases the number of clicks, time spent on site, number of page views . . ." is an assumption of your own. In the case of fl, it's incorrect.
Tim.

If the assumption is incorrect in this case, then there must be some other reason for letting this sort of thing go on for so many months. As for considering Larry and their ilk, I've been a member since '03, and this is hardly the first occurrence (you may recall my being hounded by Albert Labos, which is the chief reason why I accepted the offer of my own forum elsewhere).

Since you're part of the "team", I'm surprised you haven't seen the stats. In any case, the "team" should revisit its mission statement as it is out of synch with events. As for the CC, its relative uselessness was established recently in the feedback thread (vague, open to interpretation, toothless) and again in the amount of time it took to move this particular mountain, which should under different circumstances have been a molehill. As for moderators claiming not to have the time to read posts and relying on members using the Report facility instead, it must also be clear by now that nobody is going to continue to report posts week after week, month after month, when nothing happens as a result of having reported the post(s).

You can come back if you like with how everybody's working so hard and everything is great but that has little to do with the perception on the members' side, which is that little control is exercised over the trolls which spoil the t2w experience. Why after all come here if doing so means stepping into a c*ck fight (and I'm not talking about roosters) or subjecting oneself to ridicule? Why write articles? Why initiate threads? These are questions the "team" ought to be addressing.

Incidentally, deleting all Larrystone's posts and leaving those posts which quote them amounts to a rubber sword. There are more effective means of dealing with trolls that are known to any moderator. Even ten years ago (at least) the moderated post option was available in every forum software.

Maybe you didnt notice that FXCM's rep didnt post here for over 2 months , however apparently he is still active in other forums . Is that a sign ? Maybe .

Tim

Words of wisdom :)

Personally I learnt long ago never to engage with the trolls and wreckers. It only gives them the attention they crave and encourages them to plummet to new depths of ignorance and foolishness.

The above comments are NOT aimed at anyone in particular, they are generic, but if anyone feels like the cap fits, well...

Why swim in sewage? Ignore them.

Mods have the option to use a "One Touch Ban and Clean" facility which removes all posts. As for those that are part of other members replying to quotes then if there is a faciity to remove this at the same time, Mods are not currently aware of it.

Words of wisdom :)

Personally I learnt long ago never to engage with the trolls and wreckers. It only gives them the attention they crave and encourages them to plummet to new depths of ignorance and foolishness.

The above comments are NOT aimed at anyone in particular, they are generic, but if anyone feels like the cap fits, well...

Why swim in sewage? Ignore them.

Ignoring these people falls short Mr. Charts. For me, several notable posters have handed out such unjustified treatment to me and others that they have suppressed the quality of debate on trading. This means I get less value out of this once useful resource. I'd like to see the site recover its old active health.

Ignoring these people falls short Mr. Charts. For me, several notable posters have handed out such unjustified treatment to me and others that they have suppressed the quality of debate on trading. This means I get less value out of this once useful resource. I'd like to see the site recover its old active health.

That's fair enough and very understandable. I don't read t2w much these days and I've only seen criticisms of you by morons so I hope "notable" doesn't mean quality posters.
I'm just sorry to see someone like you departing.
Richard

That's fair enough and very understandable. I don't read t2w much these days and I've only seen criticisms of you by morons so I hope "notable" doesn't mean quality posters.
I'm just sorry to see someone like you departing.
Richard

I will stay active if things improve. If that doesn't happen, with luck the more acrimonious posters will have got bored and departed for good.