EJ Daytraders v The Rest of The World

Got up late to find that the EJ has qualified "long" at 132.00. It has retraced by about 10 pips so I could enter the trade at a better price. However, i don't like BRN trading that much and the EU is completely in the wrong direction. I'm going to leave it for now and review it later

Missed out on a lovely "long" trade by not entering around the 131.80+ mark. It can be difficult trying to work with a 20SL using retraces but I do hope that I will manage to tweak my EP's so as to take advantage of low range days. Time will tell.

The 3 day average has now changed to 109GGG* with a safe range of 72G. However, as I write the EJ range has already hit 53 pips so who knows where it will be at 6am

Just as well I didn't bother to get up with a 100 pips range on the EJ. This leaves just 9 pips to get to the 3day average. Need a decent retrace 30+ to go "long" the problem is that we have H3 short at 133.21 quite near to where I would start considering a long. The cam is at 132.43 and seems miles away and the Long breakout is at 133.62

Well at least I'm seeing where I could have made some pips even though not doing so. If you look at the M15 candle at 8.15 and i was watching it at the time, price retraced to a low to 133.02. At the time it had a look of continuing down until it closed. The next candle showed a small sign of going back up. This was the point to have a go "long" despite the H3 and the BRN; not forgetting that it had already got past it once today

Good early morning pip pickers
JPY & US holiday so don't expect a lot of movement today.
Averages is:EJ 117GGG*,safe 78G
Some brokerage tinkering on the EJ downwards but current price is 133.27 whereas the 9pm Friday close was 133.52 hence very little change overall.

Yep. Pretty low range at around 23 pips since 11pm last night. Bit like a damp squid. I'll pass on trading the EJ today unless I see things really starting to motor.

Up late. The range on the EJ is 36 pips. The 9pm close was 133.69 (now 133.49). No strong movements yet. After such a low range day yesterday hopefully all will pick up today. The criteria is to go "long" is at 133.82 (BRN problems). The short should be at 133.40. Since I am using a 20 SL and one can hardly say that price has decided to go short for the day yet I will sit on the fence for a while.

Took two late trades after missing the EJ short which had a good run. One trade lost and the other won which meant I broke even.

The 3 day average on the EJ is 94GGR, safe 62G.

All this uncertainty surrounding the US shutdown really doesn't inspire confidence in trading. There seemed to a hint of a solution this am and that's why the EJ & EJ dropped so nicely. Seems to have pulled back a bit now.

Well done to Fitch to put the USA's tripple A rating under review. These politicians need to act more responsibly.

Good morning pip pickers. We have a bandwidth of 58 pips +/- 3/2 = 61 or 60 with price nearest the top. The "long entry would be 133.35 & short 132.72.

One tends to think that if the US shutdown shows no sign of agreement then the price should rise. However, I got caught yesterday on such assumptions. The safe range has been almost passed leaving about 36 pips to equal the 3 day average. If a trade was set to make 36 pips with a 20SL that would take the EJ to almost its recent high of 133.82, hence it is possible. Not sure that I want to take it though

Good early morning fellow day traders.

The EJ had a dismal day today only achieving 59 pips in movement. Let's hope it makes up for it later on this morning and rises like the GU 232 pips and EU 166 did yesterday.

Sorry I've been vague with my trades but I have had a bit of a tough time grappling with using my 20SL.

From later on I will still be quoting (and using) the high and low price between 11pm & 6am; however, I will quote 2 trades. The first will be to enter a trade at either end +3 for a long and -2 for a short. The bandwidth must be 30 pips or the next M15 candle after 6am that takes the bandwidth to 30+ pips, having waited for the M15 candle's close. Should the 11pm -6am bandwidth be so wide so as not to allow for a 35 pips profit after allowing for 2/3 pips brokerage as compared with the 3 day average then this is a non-qualifying trade day. The SL will be 45 pips and the PT will be 35 pips unless the safe range indicates a higher achievable profit then that will be the target. No trade if there is a JPY hol. + US and or GB holiday; JPY holiday on its own is OK. I will be recording all these results and may even trade the criteria after the beginning of January should the profit exceed my other trade critera,

The second trade using a 20SL is the adopted criteria that I will trade. Again, I will use the 11pm - 6am criteria but this time I am relying on a retrace before entering the trade. The exact amount of pips to retrace is difficult to put a number to as price can bob up and down quite wildly some times. It could be 10, 15, 20 or 30+ depending on the price action. Also if price does take off from the original extreme limit +3 or -2 then I may still enter a trade in that direction should I get a sufficient retrace e.g. 20+ pips and then go with trend at that point.

The 3 day average is 91RGG and safe range is 60G for later but, as I said I think the EJ can perform much better than this

Last edited:
Good morning pip pickers,

The first paper trade is long at 134.12 or short 133.75, 45 SL & 35 PT . The actual range 11pm - 6am is 27 pips but there were five between 9pm & 11 pm.

Cancel the second order when the first one triggers, which may be "long" at any minute

The paper trade is off at 134.12 and the short at 133.75 is cancelled. It was very tempting for me to set the order "long" as I am hoping that the EJ follows suit from the EU & GU yesterday. But rules are rules

Well both trades have lost. The paper trade at 45 pips and my real trade at 20 pips.

I won't go short on the paper trade criteria however, i am looking for a retrace on the EJ to go short with a 20SL & 40 PT if i can get it.

The EU has just taken a nose dive after having the appearance of going long. I have entered a "short" trade on the EJ at 133.725 20SL & 40 TP

Good luck to me

Just got back to find not much movement hence I have come out at B/E.

So EJ system bet lost 45 pips and my retrace trade lost 20 pips.

Not a great start but I am happy with continuing along these lines for October and through until Christmas

Hi guys,

JPY Bank holiday + US Bank holiday = a NQ day for the EJ

I may play a morning trade on the GU. 3 day Ave 160RGG and safe 107G. The time criteria on the GU is 11pm - 9am so as to allow for London to get going after 8am

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Was tempted into a long for a small number of pips but didn't take it. Let's hope all returns to normal later. The 3 day average on the EJ at 57 is so low that I will probably ignore it later on. We seem to have a 24 pip range so far predominantly to the short side atm so we may be in business later

I don't know what to make of eurjpy and gbpjpy. Both giving opposite signals. gbpjpy looks to want to go down while eurjpy doesn't seem to want to go down. Heavy down volume on gbpjpy though but some solid support below. More room to go up than down. guess I'l wait and see