EJ Daytraders v The Rest of The World

Hi Guys,

Was tempted into a long for a small number of pips but didn't take it. Let's hope all returns to normal later. The 3 day average on the EJ at 57 is so low that I will probably ignore it later on. We seem to have a 24 pip range so far predominantly to the short side atm so we may be in business later
Hello Mike ,
I read the first page of this thread and now i decided to go to the end , and its good to see u r still going with it to date .
I primarily trade the EJ , as it is my favorite pair to trade , due to the large range and the volatility it has , Cause i do NOT like slow markets .
I find it well behaved market BUT that is to my theories of trading which are 100% based on fibs , with some great success .
I am trying to understand what u r doing with this system , BUT maybe due to my old age hahahahahaha,, i can NOT seem to follow .
Would love to be able to chat to u about it , as i MIGHT be able to SUGGEST some stuff .
Cheers ,:cool:
George

Over slept today. Just as well as there are only 22 pips on the EJ range so far. The GU has almost 32!

I need to wait until the close of an M15 candle that takes the range to 30+

High = 134.49 & Low 134.19 = a 30 pip range now.

NB we are passed the most recent high so it has to continue upwards for a successful "long"

Paper trade "Long" at 134.52 or short at 134.17. 45SL & 35 pips PT

Need a decent retrace to go "long" on the EJ

Good morning all.

My paper trade made 35 pips profit yesterday.

I have awoken to find a reversal on yesterday's good rise that gives a bandwidth of 130 pips. My 3 day average is 81 pips and hence it looks suicidal to place a "short" at 133.96 - 2 = 133.94 for 35 pips and use a 45SL. It also seems a big ask for price to turn around and climb back up to 135.27 + 3 pips and go for 35 pips at that end and use a 45SL. Hence it is an NQ day. for my paper trade.

Since the bandwidth has already achieved 130 pips I may consider a retrace trade using a 20SL and perhaps 40,30,20 PT if price does go back up a way (at least 30 pips from its recent low.

Hello Mike ,
I read the first page of this thread and now i decided to go to the end , and its good to see u r still going with it to date .
I primarily trade the EJ , as it is my favorite pair to trade , due to the large range and the volatility it has , Cause i do NOT like slow markets .
I find it well behaved market BUT that is to my theories of trading which are 100% based on fibs , with some great success .
I am trying to understand what u r doing with this system , BUT maybe due to my old age hahahahahaha,, i can NOT seem to follow .
Would love to be able to chat to u about it , as i MIGHT be able to SUGGEST some stuff .
Cheers ,:cool:
George

Hi George,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It is always welcome to hear from a fellow trader.

There is nothing mysterious about my trading though my presentations may seem a bit vague.

In its simplest form all I am trying to do is to work to a breakout based upon an overnight time criteria. In the case of the EJ I use 11pm - 6am.

I calculate the bandwidth from the highs and lows in between these times, add 3 pips for a buy and less 2 pips for a sell. Whichever price breaks first I stick with as my trade for the day. I usually set a 45pips SL & a minimum of a 35 pips PT.

However, I may have to set both trades initially if price has yet to break either extreme. For my part, I cancel the second "order" once the first one triggers.

I must emphasize that the background to this strategy is to run with a second trade at the other end of the extreme should the first trade fail.

What you may notice is that I will very often set a trade to make 35 pips and use an SL of 45 pips. The apparent logic here is that if I keep repeating this process and only win 50% of the time then I'm doomed to failure.

However, I have been keeping a record over the past year based upon a criteria that always has an SL at a higher range than its PT. Hence, if the first trade loses then the second trade is also set to achieve a smaller PT than the target price.

Despite all logic this strategy has produced over 1,000 pips in its first year.

When the bandwidth expands the SL gets larger e.g. a max of 78 Pips v a target 0f 48 pips. If the bandwidth is small (min 30 pips) then the PT has also been small e.g. 28 pips.

All this seems to defy logic but it has actually occurred over the past year. There have been blips when a previous cumulative 1000+ pips dropped back to around 760 pips before climbing back up again to its present level of 1,000 pips plus.

I still don't understand why it works and have been trying to smooth out wild fluctuations by experimenting.

This is why I am now paper trading an initial trade using a 45 SL & minimum of 35 pips PT.

I also record the 3 day average of the number of pips achieved and quote on a safe range which is the 3 day average divided by 1.5. The safe range is achieved very regularly whilst the 3 day average looks to be about 50% of the time.

We have been experiencing a spate of low range days interspersed with some good range days of late and I am rather inclined to assume that a normal day will produce the safe range and edge towards the 3 day average.

Faced with this whilst I am recording the paper trade (45SL & 35PT) even more should the safe range imply a higher PT (though I would never extend my 45SL) and always extend my PT if e.g. 50 pips was within the safe range.

With low range days I tend to favour qualification of a trade either "long" or "short", wait for a retrace and then take the trade using a 20SL and either a 40/30 or 20 PT depending on how the trade is going.

This is why you will see me refer to qualification at either end of the bandwidth and then a 45SL and/or a 35 pips+ PT for my paper trades that will run against the original, what I call the EM EJ) and then use a 20SL and 40,30,20 PT following a retrace for my actual trades for the day.

The hope is that my 20SL retrace trades will prevail over my paper trades by the end of the year versus my paper trades or heaven forbid the true EM EJ trades.

If they don't then I will either trade the paper trades from January or even the original EM EJ trades.

I want to make money just like any one else does in this game.

I hope this helps and does not add more to your confusion.

I am always happy to consider other people's thoughts on the subject and if your "fib" rules can aid me in my quest I am more than happy to adopt them and welcome your explanation on how they work for you.

Sounds like you are doing OK atm and I congratulate you on your success.

Good morning pip pickers, The paper trade was already off at 134.44 when I awoke. It had to hit 134.79 but has hit 134.782 and so needs to rise a bit more to hit the 35 pips target.

There has been very little in the way of a retracement so far but it won't take too much to get there; unlike me getting up in the morning.

Good morning pip pickers, The paper trade was already off at 134.44 when I awoke. It had to hit 134.79 but has hit 134.782 and so needs to rise a bit more to hit the 35 pips target.

There has been very little in the way of a retracement so far but it won't take too much to get there; unlike me getting up in the morning.
A very good Aussie afternoon to you Mike ,
Your late reply is NOT a problem at all .
Although it still sounds confusing to understand YOUR system , BUT as it is ur system , and you are keeping records , and MOST importantly , YOU understand it, which has me hold full level of respect for your knowledge and experience .
I guess the reason it is not easy to understand is because it is all verbal , BUT i am sure it will NOT take more than 5 to 10 mnts on chart for me to understand it .( an excuse to cover the real problem maybe Mike ,, old age ???? hahahahaha ).
Yes i am more than happy to talk to u maybe on Skype , and then i will share with u what to watch out regards Fibs, as they are very powerful .
So please feel free to PM me when u r ready to chart , so we can set it up.
As much as u r excited about what u r doing ,you will love what i have to show u.
Looking forward to chatting soon .
Cheers,(y)
George

A little unlucky not to reach target today, missed by 0.8 of a pip. Price then reversed and stop nearly got taken out 134.02 v 133.99 and ended up at minus 18 pips at 8.45pm. That's FX for you.

I missed out by not going long after a retrace

A very good Aussie afternoon to you Mike ,
Your late reply is NOT a problem at all .
Although it still sounds confusing to understand YOUR system , BUT as it is ur system , and you are keeping records , and MOST importantly , YOU understand it, which has me hold full level of respect for your knowledge and experience .
I guess the reason it is not easy to understand is because it is all verbal , BUT i am sure it will NOT take more than 5 to 10 mnts on chart for me to understand it .( an excuse to cover the real problem maybe Mike ,, old age ???? hahahahaha ).
Yes i am more than happy to talk to u maybe on Skype , and then i will share with u what to watch out regards Fibs, as they are very powerful .
So please feel free to PM me when u r ready to chart , so we can set it up.
As much as u r excited about what u r doing ,you will love what i have to show u.
Looking forward to chatting soon .
Cheers,(y)
George

Many thanks George. Look forward to chatting soon. My Skype name is mike.farrell24 and it may show up as RocknRoller. If you PM me your skype name then I can hopefully add you to my contacts on skype

Good early morning to you all.

The 3 day average for the EJ is 128GRG, safe 86G.

13 pips on the board from 11pm (or 19 from 9.001 pm)

Plenty to play for later. Let's hope I don't oversleep again

Good early morning to you all.

The 3 day average for the EJ is 128GRG, safe 86G.

13 pips on the board from 11pm (or 19 from 9.001 pm)

Plenty to play for later. Let's hope I don't oversleep again
Hello Mike
Pls check ur Skype .
I sent u an add request
Cheers,
George

Good morning all.

The EJ will probably keep kick off short at 133.94 with a 45 SL & 35 PT. (The "long" would be at 134.45 but unless there is a massive turnaround that won't be hit)

I'll await a retrace for my miserly 20SL

I set an order for a "short" at 134.21 that got triggered using a 20SL & 40 PT
Currently about 5 pips up. I will let it run whilst I am out

Good luck to all who are trading today

Good morning all.

The EJ will probably keep kick off short at 133.94 with a 45 SL & 35 PT. (The "long" would be at 134.45 but unless there is a massive turnaround that won't be hit)

I'll await a retrace for my miserly 20SL
I can just imagine what will happen when u bring Fibs into the equation Mike (y)
Cheers ,
George

Hi pip pickers,

A 45 pips paper loss on Friday means a carry forward loss of 55 pips

My actual EJ retrace trades were a loss of 20 pips on the week and cumulative 44 pips.

The 3 day ave on the EJ is 106RGG with a safe range of 71G.

I notice that the brokers marked up the EJ by about 40 pips from Friday that tried to reverse and is now moving in the direction of the mark up.

This means that my 11pm - 6am bandwidth is showing 22 pips whilst the movement from Friday's 9pm close is about 30 pips.

Back for fun and games later

Good morning all,

A low range on the EJ this am 26.9 pips. I have to wait until the close of an M15 candle that brings the range to 30+ pips

The EJ has now triggered long at 134.91 for the paper trade. I don't like BRN trades but the 45SL should be enough to get over the usual ups and downs associated with it if it will eventually go long. will use a 35 pips TP so as to stay within the 71 pips safe range.

Need a retrace for my 20SL trade