Edward Tate

I have had several calls from Advantage which I ignored but I have had leaflets and a form to fill in from City Equities which looks London Based and says they are regulated by the FSA. any comments on this please.
Doug.

amccrow said:
Look again at what I posted once before - I think it highly unlikely, I'm sorry to say, that anyone will gain a successful outcome if they've invested in shares through Kensington Price, Edward Tate, Advantage or any other of these unlicensed brokers. They will be extremely difficult to bring to justice since they operate outside of the UK - and if they get the slightest whiff of any authorities being onto them they'll move on and set up somewhere else under a different name. It's a scam they can work from anywhere. I'm afraid it's very much a case of caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

http://www.evid.com.au/current.html

"WARNING: Recently there has been an increase in small New York brokerage firms, who were previously active NASD registered firms, being bought by offshore concerns to perpetrate similar sales scheme as those firms mentioned below. The new approach is for unlicensed brokerage firms to steal the identity and license numbers of legitimate brokerage firms but provide a fake website or fake contact address to lure unsuspecting people. The pitch is that they need no money upfront. However, they usually come back later to ask for a fee to lift the restriction off your shares, an escrow security deposit, or even a bond supposedly required by the SEC. They are attempting to lure out several more thousand dollars from victims."

City Equities may well be legitimate. If you have any doubts at all call the FSA on 0845 606 1234 or check their online register at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/

BUT - any attempt to sell New Millenium Medical shares to you by anyone is a scam. Keep well away.

I still don't understand why some people are saying that they 'think' these firms are all scams - OF COURSE THEY ARE.

In fact I'd go as far as to say that almost ANY financial firm that doesn't know you that calls out of the blue with a 'hot' stock is 99% on the take, regulated or not. Of course if you deal with an FSA regulated firm you're unlikely to get stuffed up that much but realise that the only reason they're calling you is to try and transfer money out of your wallet into theirs.

Sadly though one has to say that the owners of all these scam firms are either very rich or getting there because there seems a never ending conveyor belt of greedy people who fall for the sales pitch.

Nmm Ipo

dhughes0 said:
I was contacted on Thursday 7th Jan by someone from Advantage who said he was calling fron Geneva, I was v busy at the time and cut him off, but he was trying to push a floatation.
Doug.
I have been contacted by Chris Hatton from Advantage today trying to get me to buy these. I have been unable to get any financials on NMM and felt very uncomfortable with the lack of information on this company. I am in Telecoms and Advantages number 0870 7120555 is a non geographical number and I have traced it to Switzerland and the shares will be quotted on NASDAQ in 90 to 120 days. Buy now at $5.5 and they will go off at $9/11 easy money !!!!!!!!!
I think it is a scam and will not be buying but if anybody out there can get some financials on NMM they could make interesting reading even if they are in French !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter

Advantage IEC

amccrow said:
City Equities may well be legitimate. If you have any doubts at all call the FSA on 0845 606 1234 or check their online register at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/

BUT - any attempt to sell New Millenium Medical shares to you by anyone is a scam. Keep well away.

Herewith is a copy of a mail I have sent on the subject.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 04 February 2005 01:54
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Advantageiec.com

Dear Mr Beckett

We are carry out initial enquiries on an Offshore Brokers and Financial Advisors calling themselves Advantage IEC and using your domain name Advantageiec.com.

We note that this domain name was registered on the 2nd November 2004 and that you reside at 6 Smithies St Heywood Lancs OL10 4BT.

The Company calls themselves Advantage IEC at Rue du Rhone 14 Geneva 1204 Switzerland. Tel no. 08707120555.

The following names are associated with this company. Chris Hatton, Paul Donnerty and Alistair Buchanan, believed to be their accountant.

Although our enquiries have only just started Caroline Harknett from the fraud squad at New Scotland Yard will be taking this case and the FSA has been advised that this company alleging to be operating in the Financial Services Sector has been making unsolicited calls to potential investors and trying to sell shares in Initial Public Offerings i.e. (IPOs)

The current offering is in a company called New Millenium Medical at a cost of $5.50 per share with a minimum offering of 1,000 shares. It is believed that a lot of people have already committed themselves to this offering which is believed to be a SCAM and our enquiries over the last couple of days confirm that.

By return please confirm your involvement in this matter as you should be receiving a visit from the Fraud Squad in the very near future to eliminate you from their enquiries but at the same time to find out what you know about Advantage IEC.

Thank you in anticipation for your help in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Peter Hunt

Nmm

ndbennett said:
Hi, does anyone have any prospectus or NMM official documents available?

The reason I ask is that, in a fit of desperation, I contacted some Florida newspapers regarding Mintmire and Durland. I have since been contacted by a reporter who promised to take an objective look at the situation with NMM and Mintmire, whose ongoing case regarding Golden Phoenix he is also looking at due to the proceedings having begun.

The reporter has asked if I have any NMM issued information other than what was available on the website and, to my embaressment, I have nothing. Can anyone else supply anything?

I will keep the board notified if anything turns up from the reporter.

Cheers,
ndb.

Herewith is a mail I sent on the subject.

Dear Mr Beckett

We are carry out initial enquiries on an Offshore Brokers and Financial Advisors calling themselves Advantage IEC and using your domain name Advantageiec.com.

We note that this domain name was registered on the 2nd November 2004 and that you reside at 6 Smithies St Heywood Lancs OL10 4BT.

The Company calls themselves Advantage IEC at Rue du Rhone 14 Geneva 1204 Switzerland. Tel no. 08707120555.

The following names are associated with this company. Chris Hatton, Paul Donnerty and Alistair Buchanan, believed to be their accountant.

Although our enquiries have only just started Caroline Harknett from the fraud squad at New Scotland Yard will be taking this case and the FSA has been advised that this company alleging to be operating in the Financial Services Sector has been making unsolicited calls to potential investors and trying to sell shares in Initial Public Offerings i.e. (IPOs)

The current offering is in a company called New Millenium Medical at a cost of $5.50 per share with a minimum offering of 1,000 shares. It is believed that a lot of people have already committed themselves to this offering which is believed to be a SCAM and our enquiries over the last couple of days confirm that.

By return please confirm your involvement in this matter as you should be receiving a visit from the Fraud Squad in the very near future to eliminate you from their enquiries but at the same time to find out what you know about Advantage IEC.

Yours sincerely

Peter Hunt

Nmm

dhughes0 said:
Hi
I have had a guy on the phone pushing IPO'S the first two were in the States and made a big proffit he said the latest is www.newmilleniummedical.com I am being let in on ground floor etc, the eward-tate.com site is impressive, the float is on tomorrow /Friday do any of you people know anything about these as I am suspicious of phone deals that are to good to be true.
Doug.

Herewith is my mail on the subject

Dear Mr Beckett

Yours sincerely

Peter Hunt

Nmm

andy_astra said:
I have jsut bought 1500 IPO shares in NNM through Edward Tate at $5.50 per share, 01-Oct-04, still waiting for the certificates, through charterhouse via Lloyds Bank, they are trying to get me to invest a further £9K. But I am now having very serious doubts. Can any one advise.

Herewith is my mail on the subject

Dear Mr Beckett

Yours sincerely

Peter Hunt

Newmilleniummedical.com

I have had calls recently, about the above from a Chris Hatton at Advantageiec.com
with exactly similar sorts of offers saying they were involved in the launch of google last year.
In the end the information sounded plausible, as it was being handled through Charthouse securities, but on receipt of papers it is Charterhouse International ( Administration ) Inc of Nevis in the West Indies.

I am not happy with this at all, so I do not wish to fulfill the contract.
Can I just phone and cancel?

Borderknight

Chris hatton phoned me today to check on progress, when I queried their licence and base in Geneva the phone went dead.
I am I so glad I saw this site and its info.
Borderknight

sdrane said:
One of the reasons the whole NMM thing looks like a scam is that they are unwilling or unable to provide any information. I was offered some accounts in French, but when I said fine, I'm fluent in French, the guy said he wasn't sure he could get them after all!

There is no prospectus, there are no accounts, the Florida State webiste says NMM is in administration, the lawyers and accountants are bent - glad I said no.

I tried calling their french office , their lawyer etc etc, and no response!!! a total scam!!! :(

I have had an e-mail from their lawyers a John L Petersen in Switzerland, he has advised me that he has reached a preliminary agreement to file a registration for NMM once he gets their final financial statements which he expects in March. He goes on to say he expects to have a filing package ready in April and that once a filing is made the SEC review the process which takes approx. 120 days.
If this is genuine which is still extremely doubtful you wont see anything until August at the earliest.
I have also spoken to the French office of NMM who promised to send me some accounts I have seen nothing yet.
I was contacted by an American called Adam Stone of Proview Corporation who I have never heard of, he was recommended to me by GS Anguilla Ltd. a broker operating from Barcelona but registered in the BVI.
I will watch but not buy.

All change at NMM - a nice, fancy new intro on the web page plus new auditor and new lawyer listed.

As well as John L Petersen's name replacing Mintmire as lawyer, the auditor is also no longer Durland, but KPMG which, if true, gives a more solid ring of authenticity.

Is there any way that anyone can confirm the involvement of KPMG?

New Millenium Medical NMM - Serious Fraud Office

borderknight said:
Chris hatton phoned me today to check on progress, when I queried their licence and base in Geneva the phone went dead.
I am I so glad I saw this site and its info.
Borderknight

Like you I am glad I had the wherewithall to check out NMM and found this incredibly useful web site; It's saved me a fortune :p . I was being asked invest in NMM by Kensington Price. Their 'broker' was Paul Clayton, phoning from Geneva stated that NMM would be floated on 4 March. I turned down the offer to buy NMM shares and said I would like to see how they perform and then maybe invest in the next golden opportunity. I also reported this whole affair to the Serious Fraud Office; their reply was as follows:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email below.

The scenario you describe has the characteristics of a "boiler room" scam, such scams have been operating for a number of years. As you say, they often sell shares in a pre-flotation company with the promise that the flotation price will yield a high return. These companies either do not even exist (barring a website), or have no realistic prospect of achieving a flotation. If one does buy shares, the flotation will be "delayed" whilst they try and sell you more shares. Once the flotation flops, other phoenix companies approach you offering to exchange shares for other equally worthless shares (naturally further charges will apply). At the point when you demand your money back they disappear.

The only effective way to combat this type of scam is for people to be diligent in trying to independently verify any cold callers. Whilst it is not illegal for overseas brokers to approach UK citizens, the citizen is afforded little protection or recourse should events turn sour. Jurisdiction is a problem in these types of cases; firstly identifying where these people actually are - they'll use any technological quirk to hide their true whereabouts and identity. Secondly they usually place themselves in countries where they are effectively out of reach of the authorities where the victims reside.

I should imagine the FSA will notify the Securities & Exchange Commission in the US - whether they are really in the US is of course another matter altogether.

The SFO have looked at such cases where the scale and losses involved have been verified as reaching a substantial level, and where offences have occurred within the UK jurisdiction. I regret, however, that the information you have provided is insufficient for SFO involvement at this stage.

Yours faithfully

The Serious Fraud Office

Mintmire guilty of obstruction, conspiracy charges
By John Pacenti
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2005

Prominent Palm Beach attorney Donald Mintmire was convicted today of obstruction of justice and conspiracy in relation to a stockholder scam involving a Stuart-based citrus exporting company.

The Miami jury took about seven hours to reach the verdict. Mintmire was not taken into custody. He will be sentenced within 70 days. Most likely he will face about a year in federal prison though a maximum sentence is 25 years.

Mintmire's could also face specific charges involving securities fraud, Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark Johnson said after the verdict. "This is a good start," he said.

Mintmire got his son to round up a group of his friends to sign power of attorney over to him in a shell company. That company eventually became Clements Golden Phoenix, an exporting firm trying to open up the orange juice market in China. On paper it looked like the company had Atlanta investors, but in fact Mintmire controlled the stock. He ended up making at least $705,000 from the sale before Clements Golden Phoenix went belly-up.

Skip Clements, whose idea was to form the company, said he was elated that Mintmire was convicted and predicted fraud charges for other members of the board. Clements was fired from his own company after he complained to prosecutors that money from the stock sales was not ending up as capital for the exporting business.

He said Mintmire and others took his great idea and basically turned it into a "pump and dump" scam.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/news/feeds/0209mintmire.html

New Millenium Medical

Hi everybody,
I've entered this forum because I had a meeting with two people from NMM and I know one of the members of the group in person very well. He sold his company to NMM and is very happy.

I do have company profiles, a paper of how NMM is set up and different stuff.

I'm in contact with NMM because they showed some interest in our company.
The reason of this thread is to get some feedback on the company and experiences of you with NMM.
So If anybody has some feedback please let me know that.

New Millenium Medical

I had a call from a guy called Paul Clayton from KensingtonPrice based in Switzerland offering me an IPO for these guys saying that it is coming to MArket on the Nasdq in April ground floor opportunity etc. Block of 2000 shares at $5.50. I got a bit suspicious when I searched the web and could not find any info on these people. I have checked with the company lawyers on their website to see if they know anything about this. A one man band!! The contract notes seemed to take ages to come through and appeared to be printed on a home PC, more dubious. The only link that alerted me to this was Amgrove Finance Ltd, not registered at Companies House, funny that. but a thread on this site, thank god. I could have been £6K down the tube.

BEWARE Edward Tate, Black and White

Hi Rolly,

As a newbie, I got sucked into OSGL too. A guy called Kevin Riley with an impressive New York accent was very pursuasive. Since they got the money, paid via a bank in the Dutch Antilles, I've not heard a thing. BEWARE potential buyers!

Upon reflection I have learned the following:

1. The Name is way too impressive
2. They're offshore and therefore unregulated by the FSA
3. It took nearly a year for me to get my shares but they took the money instantly
4. Someone IS selling our details out there.
5. I put this down to experience: there is no such thing as a quick buck.
6. I should have remembered 'The Boiler Room!'

ALSO beware a group called Black and White allegedly based in Spain. They were touting Acupol shares pre US election, which have since fallen dramatically too.

I have been called by at least 3 of these offshore companies with various unbeatable deals...all very suspicious!

Good luck!

Rolly said:
I can confirm that from my own experience Edward Tate are bad news. I bought some shares recommended by them back in April 2004. The stock was Osprey Gold Incorporated and the price was $0.45, they are now trading at $0.07 and I still have not received my share certificate which should have been sent at the very latest by 30th June, 2004.

The company is genuine ( Osprey Gold ) but Edward Tate seem to be very badly organized. My advice is to be very wary and if you are buying penny shares always be prepared to lose your money, as I have.

How they find us

Hi there

After 3 or 4 cold-calls from various offshore companies touting super deals and IPO's, I am now aware that this ONLY started after I sent off for a City Equities brochure.

This is pure speculation of course but the chronological association is suggestive. I know this because I lived briefly at a certain address when I contacted them. Every other company that called has had this address in their databases when they wanted to send their propaganda!

A general list of UK shareholders is apparently available free to the public ? where. Of course having a database of potential investors is like gold, so any company, whether they tell you they comply with the Data Protection Act or not, is a possible source, or am I just being paranoid?

Learning as I go along.

lewb said:
I still think it would be worthwhile trying to find out where ET got our numbers.I have mentioned Millenium Financial also City Eqiuities , SKY capitol , Halifax any of with these ?